royl
帖子: 1767
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 47

帖子 royl » 周五 2月 11, 2011 10:31 pm

二十笔实用成语 47

01. as a result
定义: 由于..., 结果是...
例句: As a result of this lesson, students will become familiar with common organisms found in a pond and discover their importance in a balanced aquatic habitat. (由于这个课程, 学生将会熟悉在池塘可以看到的普通有机体并发现它们对水生态环境的重要性)

02. as a rule
定义: 通常, 一般来说.
例句: As a rule, I usually get up at 7:00 AM every morning. (一般来说, 我经常在早上七点钟起床)

03. as a whole
定义: 整体地, 整体地看来或考量.
例句: With its motley collection of paintings, sculpture, and mixed-media pieces, the show is all in one room; and as a whole, it is a work of art in its own right. (尽管展出多样的水/油画, 雕刻, 和混合媒体作品, 这个艺展全部展出在一间厅内; 整体来看, 此展览凭借自己的品质本身就是一件艺术品)

04. as against
定义: 与...比较, 与...比起来, 相对于...
例句: Love marriage as against arranged marriage has been a question of debate for ages now and one can talk on this for years to come. (因爱情而结婚相对于奉父母之命的婚姻长期以来一直是争论的议题, 也是未来继续谈论的问题)

05. as an aside
定义: 题外话.
例句: As an aside, when it comes to travelling in the Czech Republic, public transport is actually very good. (说句题外话, 谈到来捷克共和国旅游, 公共交通工具其实很方便)

06. as an opener
定义: 做为开场白, 被介绍地第一项目, 比赛或事件第一项目.
例句: You can also give your opinion as an opener. Keep the opinions sexually neutral though. Don't tell her how beautiful she is or gawk at her chest. (你可以表达你的意见做为开场白, 但是你要保持你意见的中性. 别告诉她有多漂亮或者呆看着她的胸部. 注: 这显然是个给男性跟女性第一次邂逅的建议)

07. as bad as it is
定义: 像现在这样糟的情形.
例句: With unemployment as bad as it is they would have been happy to find workers to build him a $7 million dollar boat. (像现在的这样糟的失业率, 他们一定很高兴找到工人来建造他的七百万元一艘的游艇)

08. as bad luck would have it
定义: 不幸的是, 不巧的是.
例句: There is no going back; and, as bad luck would have it, our civilization, which has done so much for the elevation of our minds, has made lawful killing needlessly expensive. (我们没有回头路可走; 不幸的是, 我们的文明为了提升我们的心灵费尽苦心却造成合法杀戮不必要地昂贵)

09. as best as you can
定义: 尽力而为.
例句: Empty the tank out completely, clean it as best as you can without using any form of detergent just fresh water and perhaps a sponge or scourer then refill fresh nutrient solution. (把桶子完全清空, 尽你力量不用任何形式的清洁剂, 只用清水跟或用海绵或用刷洗布清洗之后再注入新鲜营养液)

10. as best you can
定义: 尽力而为.
例句: Because dehydration can be such a risk factor, even if you don't yet feel like having anything, you should try to take in liquids as best you can. (因为脱水是一个极危机因素, 即使你没感觉到没喝到任何实质, 你应该尽量地吸取液体)

11. as close to being perfect as possible
定义: 越接近完美越好.
例句: Our new house is now as close to being perfect as possible. The main complaint that I had about the house was the hard water, but we just got a water softening system. (我们新房子现在越来越接近完美. 对这栋房子我主要的抱怨是硬水, 但我们刚好安装了一套软水系统)

12. as ever
定义: 跟平常一样, 一直都如此.
例句: I must confess that I think her as delightful a character as ever appeared in print, and how I shall be able to tolerate those who do not like her at least, I do not know. (我必须承认我认为她在报刊上依然是一个可爱的人, 但是我如何最低限度容忍那些不喜欢她的人, 我不知道)

13. as expected
定义: 和预料的一样.
例句: The BoE left policy unchanged as expected, though there was a small risk of a change given the timing of next week's inflation report. (和预料的一样, 英国银行仍然维持其政策不变, 尽管其政策有点可能会改变如果考虑到它下星期通货膨胀报告的时机)

14. as far as
定义: 某种程度上, 关于; 据/就...; 直到...为止; 只要.
例句: As far as I know he will be here in a few minutes. (据我所知, 他在几分钟内就会来这里)

15. as far as I can see
定义: 依我看来, 就我所知.
例句: Perhaps you need to have another go at it sometime in the future but this is dead in the water as far as I can see. (也许你应该以后找个时间努力地再试一次, 依我看来, 这次是完全失败了)

16. as far as I can tell
定义: 据我判断.
例句: As far as I can tell, the discussion on here all says your point is right on. I think it was good to have it put out there; it was very well said, no need to rethink it. (依我看来, 这里的讨论都说你的论点是正确的. 我认为发表在这里是好的; 你论述得很好, 没必要再重新去思考这个问题了)

17. as far as I know
定义: 据我所知.
例句: As far as I know all beneficiaries that ended up receiving funds were made to enroll before getting the money and in some cases this was done at the very last minute. (据我所知, 所有最终收到经费的受益者都被要求先登记才能取得金钱, 这种情形有时候会发生在申请的最后一刻)

18. as far as I'm concerned
定义: 就我而言, 依我看来.
例句: As far as I'm concerned, you'd be better off going to a free resume sample site and creating your own resume than paying a service like this (依我看来, 你去一个免费履历表网站建立你自己的履历表还比较明智, 别使用这种付费的服务)

19. as far as one can tell
定义: 依照某人现有证据地判断.
例句: A woman said the economy is just as bad as a year ago as far as she can tell. She doesn't see where it's getting better. (据她的判断, 一位女士说这个经济跟去年一样的烂.她无法看出这个情况会有所好转)

20. as far as someone is concerned
定义: 依某人的看法, 对某人来说.
例句: People make a big deal of it, but as far as he is concerned it's just another job. (许多人把它当成了不得的事情, 但对他来说, 这只是一件工作而已)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 48 访客