royl
帖子: 1766
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 49

帖子 royl » 周一 2月 14, 2011 10:32 pm

二十笔实用成语 49

01. as how
定义: 等于连接词that.
例句: She allowed as how the situation was serious. (她承认这个情况是严重的)

02. as hysteria mounts
定义: 当歇斯底里逐步高升. (注: 歇斯底里即是令人无法控制的亢奋或畏惧感)
例句: As hysteria mounts, words seem to lose their meaning: an impression which is heightened by the author's habit of italicizing everything that she considers important — which is a lot. (当歇斯底里逐步高升, 言语失去它们的真义: 作者把她所有认为重要的话语都斜体化– 其实过于泛滥)

03. As I live and breathe!
定义: [惊叹语]千真万确! 真是你吗!? (注:强调某陈述的真实性)
例句: As I live and breathe, I've never seen a more beautiful view. (千真万确, 我从来没见过这么美的景色)

04. as I said
定义: 就跟我说的那样.
例句: As I said in the article, I am not a fan, I do not regularly watch the show, and I only looked at Wikipedia briefly as I was writing it. (就跟我在文章所说的那样, 我并不是一个爱好者, 我平常不看这个节目, 当我写这些时我只短暂地参照维基百科的内容)

05. as I see it
定义: 依我看来.
例句: The problem, as I see it, is that supply side economics has become a religion for too many people, and tax cuts have become the Holy Grail, and a panacea for all that ails us. (这个问题, 依我看来, 供方经济理论已然成为许多人的信仰, 减税已成为神圣的任务也成了治百病的万灵丹)

06. as if
定义: 好像, 似乎, 仿佛.
例句: The approach that we found works best in preparing a plan for an innovative venture is to think as if it was our own company. (我们发现在准备创新的风险计画其最有效的方法就是把公司当成我们自己的一样)

07. As if I cared!
[成语句型]关我什么事! 我才不管!

08. As if I ever would!
[成语句型]我决不会! 不可能!

09. as if on cue
定义: 就好像有人提示一样. (注: 常用于意指某件事的发生就好像得到某人暗示般地出现)
例句: As if on cue, the pundits of FOX News responded to Sarah Palin's gaffe by doing the only thing a balanced network could do–defending her with implausible rationales. (就像被人提示一样, 福斯新闻名嘴们回应莎拉.佩林的口误以平衡的电视网唯一能做的事–拿说不通的理由替她辩护)

10. as if things weren't bad enough
定义: 雪上加霜. 好像事情还不够糟糕.
例句: As if things weren't bad enough, the fact that traffic is backed up five miles prior to the booths has become the norm just makes me sick to my stomach. (好像事情还不够糟, 事实上交通堵塞到收费站五英哩以外已经成为常态令我作呕)

11. as if we don't have enough problems
定义: 好像我们的问题还不够多. (注: 其实现在问题已经很多)
例句: As if we don't have enough problems raising our children anyway. Why would anybody want to cram this nonsense down young children's throats? (不管怎么说, 好像我们养育儿女的问题还不够多. 为什么会有人想把这种无聊的想法强灌输给小朋友呢?)

12. As if!
[成语句型]门儿都没有! 不可能!

13. as ill-luck would have it
定义: 不幸的是, 不巧的是.
例句: Well, as ill-luck would have it, he rode that mare to market with a torn saddle, which galled her so, that when they got home she had a sore on her back as big as the palm of your hand. (唉, 不幸的是, 他用了一个破裂马鞍骑着那匹母马上市场, 把它给刮伤了, 当他们回了家, 它背上留下巴掌大的伤痕)

14. as in
定义: 就好像.
例句: To make 'eh' as in 'bed' sound, you drop the jaw and place the tip of the tongue behind the bottom front teeth, while raise the mid-front part of the tongue slightly. (要发出像'bed'的'eh'音调, 你要降下你的下颚, 把舌尖置于下齿前端的后面, 同时把舌头中前端稍微提高)

15. as is
定义: 就是这样子的现况. (注: 这个词在买卖旧货条约上常见也就是说你买的旧货情况就是如此; 卖方不会修理或换新也不会保证跟全新的货品一样)
例句: AS IS denotes that the seller and the buyer are dealing with an item in whatever condition it presently exists, and that the buyer is accepting the item with all faults, whether or not immediately apparent. ("现况"乃是指买卖双方交易的货品以现存状况为限, 买方接受货品所有瑕疵, 不论是否立即明显)

16. as is the case with ...
定义: 正如..., 就像...
例句: As is the case with most online polls, IP addresses of voters were recorded in order to prevent single users from voting more than once. (正如大部分的在线民意调查, 投票者的IP地址被记录下来为了防止同一使用者重复投票)

17. as it happens
定义: 碰巧; 实际上; 正当它发生时.
例句: As it happens, most people are not able to afford an expensive watch such as a Cartier. Many people can, however, afford a replica Cartier watches. (实际上, 大部分人们买不起昂贵手表例如卡地亚.但大部分人却可以买得起仿造的卡地亚手表)

18. as it is
定义: 照现状看来; 其实是; 虽然如此.
例句: New Orleans, as it is, the damage to human life and culture in the wake of Hurricane Katrina is so vast, it will never truly be known. (新奥尔良, 照现状看来, 卡崔娜台风所留下来对人命及文化的伤害极为深远, 我们将永远无法知道真相)

19. as it should be
定义: 本该如此.
例句: My pit bull hasn't been normal as it should be lately because he is not eating well. Based on my observations, he is very choosy and he loses appetite. (我的比特斗牛犬最近表现不正常因为他胃口不好. 基于我的观察, 他很挑食而且失去胃口)

20. as it stands
定义: 照这个情况.
例句: As it stands, the hiring process is a tremendous burden both for agencies and applicants. Hiring someone takes an average of five months, and involves as many as 40 steps and 19 signatures. (照这个情况, 这个雇用过程对机关跟求职者都带来极大负担. 雇用一个人平均需五个月, 涉及多至40步骤跟19个签名)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 47 访客