royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 50

帖子 royl » 周三 2月 16, 2011 1:24 pm

二十笔实用成语 50

01. as it turned out
定义: 结局变成; 结果证明.
例句: As it turned out it was a miscalculation on the part of the TV station to think that the society would have perceived the broadcast adequately. (原以为社会应该会充分地理解这个节目的内容, 但结果证明这家电视台是估计错误了)

02. as it were
定义: 可以这样说, 可以说, 宛若, 好像似.
例句: A "native" as it were, someone born in a place and growing up in a place, someone familiar with the geography and the culture and people that surrounds them. (一个"本地人"可以这样说, 某人出生成长于某地, 并熟悉他/她周遭的地理环境, 文化与人们)

03. as it would be if
定义: 好像...似的. (注: as it would be if就是as if)
例句: It will be exactly the same as it would be if humanity didn't exist, because global warming and cooling have absolutely zero to do with anything we do or don't do. (人类存不存在都没差别, 因为全球暖化与冷化跟我们所做的或没做的完全没有关联)

04. as like as not/like as not
定义: 有可能, 大概会, 也许.
例句: I don't believe government should order citizens to funnel their money into the insurance industry where as like as not they'll still be denied care most of the time. (我不认为政府应该强制民众付费给保险业者反正他们也许在大多情形下将会被拒绝治疗)

05. as little as
定义: 像...一样少, 只需(一点点...), 只要(一点点...)
例句: The more noise reduction you try to achieve, the worse the chirping, so it's best to use as little as you can get away with. (我们试图做越多的静音控制, 吱吱喳喳的噪音越响, 所以最好在过得去的情况下使用少量的静音控制)

06. as little as possible
定义: 尽量少, 越少越好.
例句: The attitude that government should interfere as little as possible with the daily life of the people is called laissez-faire. (倾向政府应该尽量少干预人们日常生活的态度称之为自由放任主义)

07. as long as
定义: 在一个时间之内; 只要(某条件符合); 既然.
例句: I don't care who you are, where you're from, what you did, as long as pay your bill. (我不在乎你是谁, 你的背景为何, 你过去做什么, 只要付清你的账单就好)

08. as long as a glimmer/ray of hope exists
定义: 只要还有一丝的希望存在.
例句: She has all but given up on hoping for a better life for herself, but as long as a glimmer of hope exists, she won't rule out the possible that she may one day be happy. (她几乎放弃了追求她更美好日子的希望, 但只要还有一丝希望存在, 她不排除有一天会幸福的可能性)

09. as luck would have it
定义: 幸运的是, 碰巧.
例句: As luck would have it, a gamble pays off and gives this western Pennsylvania couple the chance to build the log home they've longed for. (幸运的是, 一个赌博的赢利给予这对西宾州夫妇一个机会建造他们梦寐以求的原木房屋)

10. as many
定义: 一样的数目.
例句: Just as many of the neo-cons seemingly cross their fingers hoping for a mass-casualty terrorist attack on US soil because they see it as political gold for them. (正好有同样多的新右派份子似乎交叉手指希望着恐怖份子攻击美国本土造成大量伤亡因为他们把这种事件当成政治巨富)

11. as many as
定义: 跟后面as所提到的东西一样的数目, 高达...某数量; 虽然, 尽管; 事实上, 几乎一样.
例句: In the worst case scenario, they include cutting as many as 93.6 fulltime positions across the district, shortening the school day for middle and high schools. (在最糟糕的情况下, 他们列入裁减全面学区高达93.6个全职工作, 缩短初中和高中的上课天数)

12. as much
定义: 同样, 相同.
例句: Why hasn't our government spent as much money combating things like hunger and poverty in America instead of spending billions on foreign wars? (与其浪费数十亿在国外的战争上, 为什么我们政府不花费同样多的经费跟为害美国的饥饿与贫穷作战?)

13. as much as
定义: 等量, 高达...某数量; 纵使, 尽管, 虽然很; 事实上, 几乎.
例句: Fixing a serious maintenance problem, such as a faulty oxygen sensor, can improve your mileage by as much as 40 percent. (修理一个严重的保养问题, 例如氧气感测器, 可以改善你的汽油消耗率高达百分之四十)

14. as much as I would ..., but ...
定义: 我虽然想...(但是)...
例句: As much as I would love to own that $50000.00 car, but, in truth, like everything else in life, we use what we can afford. (我虽然想买下这部价值五万块钱的车子, 但是说实在的, 就像我们生命中所碰到的其他物质享受一样, 我们只能使用我们买得起的东西)

15. as much as the traffic will bear
定义: [商业用语]现有情况所许可的. (注: 经常用来指商人将价格推高到客户支付能力极限, 可使用于charge as much as the traffic will bear)
例句: Drug companies will charge as much as the traffic will bear and keep driving up prices; in fact, Canada has placed price-control measures on brand-name prescription drugs. (制药公司只会把价格提高到客户支付能力极限而且会继续涨价; 其实, 加拿大已经建立名牌处方药品价格控制措施了)

16. as much chance as a wax cat in hell, be
定义: 完蛋! 一丝希望都没有! (注: 西方的地狱也称炼狱是很热的地方, 蜡做的猫在炼狱一定熔化)
例句: I'd rather be outright rejected and move on than to stick around in a situation where I have as much chance as a wax cat in hell. (我宁愿直接了当地被人拒绝然后再去寻找其他的路子也不愿徘徊在一个一丝希望都没有的窘境里)

17. as much use as a chocolate fireguard, be
定义: 一点用处都没有. (注: 巧克力熔点很低, 比喻巧克力作的消防员的碰到火一定熔化)
例句: A portable computer that must stay close to an AC receptacle is as much use as a chocolate fireguard. (一台经常需要充电的手提电脑一点用处都没有)

18. as much use as a handbrake on a canoe, be
定义: 一点用处及意义都没有.
例句: They further show that they are incapable of interpreting the public mood, and a politician who can't judge the public mood is about as much use as a handbrake on a canoe. (他们进一步地显示出没能力解读民众的意向,当一个政治人物不能判断民意还有何意义可谈)

19. as near as dammit/as near as damn it
定义: [英国]很接近, 几乎一样.
例句: The good liar is the one who can make their words seem as near as dammit truthful, while the bad ones make the lie so obvious that they might just as well have not bothered. (善谎者可以把他的话语说得跟真的一样, 笨拙说谎者的谎言被人一听就戳破, 干脆别说谎还好)

20. as near as I can tell/figure
定义: 据我所知.
例句: I still haven't figured out how this is going to happen next, and as near as I can tell, neither has anyone else. (我还没法想出来这件事如何发展下去, 据我所知, 其他人也没想出来)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 44 访客