回复
royl
帖子: 1767
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 53

帖子 royl » 周二 2月 22, 2011 2:07 am

二十笔实用成语 53

01. as well as it possibly can, to do
定义: (发展/进行)十分尽如人意; 尽力而为. (注: 在这儿well是fully也就是说完全或全力的意思)
例句: I simply mean that the organization should have the mental mindset to do what it does as well as it possibly can and continually seek to do even better. (我只是认为这个组织应该具有尽力而为和不停力求完善的心态)

02. as well it may be
定义: 合情合理, 理应如此.
例句: His book is even more strongly recommended; as well it may be, for it is a great summary of the development of civilization extraordinarily well written. (他的书甚至更被强力推荐; 其实理应如此, 因为这是一本极好地写出精辟的文明发展概要)

03. as well it might be
定义: 合情合理, 理应如此.
例句: I found the car exceptionally stable; as well it might be, with most of its 4180-pound weight concentrated in the bottom of the vehicle. (我注意到这部车子极为稳定; 其实理应如此, 因为它把它大部分4180磅的重量集中在车辆的底部)

04. as yet/as of yet
定义: 迄今, 到现在为止, 到某时为止.
例句: As yet, she has not told me about her plans to solve the problem. (到现在为止, 她还没有告诉我她解决这个问题的计画)

05. as you can see
定义: 如你所看到的, 如你所知道的.
例句: As you can see, airport security is kind of a farce. It's only smoke and mirrors so you people believe there is actually something going on here. (如你所知道的, 机场安全其实是个闹剧. 这只是个骗人的幌子让人们相信这里确实有事情发生)

06. as you know
定义: 如你所知.
例句: As you know, the Senate has debated the merits of the filibuster and related procedural rules for over two centuries. (如你所知, 参议院已经辩论了阻挠议案通过的优点跟相关议事手续章程超过两百年了)

07. as you like
定义: 请便, 随便你.
例句: I took this photo and I really like it, you can save it as wallpaper as you like. (我拍摄下这张照片, 我很喜爱它, 你可以随你喜欢保留下来做为桌面壁纸)

08. as you please
定义: 随你意, 随你选择, 非常地, 极度地.
例句: You can say anything about me, as you please, but I am what I am, and that's something you can never be. (你爱怎么说我随你便, 但是我仍然是我, 你永远没法变成我)

09. as you put it
定义: 如你所说地.
例句: It was only 'the middle of a work day', as you put it, in your part of the world. Most of the rest of the globe were either up early, up late, or done with work for the day. (这只是在你们这个地区如你所说的'工作日当中'. 全球大部分其他地区要不是接近早上就是接近晚上或下班时间)

10. as you said
定义: 如你所说地.
例句: I'm not mixing two separate issues, as you said. I'm just pointing out that when hundreds of Iraqi women and children die, we don't honor them. (我并不是如你所说地把两个议题混淆在一起. 我只是指出当数百位伊拉克妇女跟儿童死亡时, 我们没有对这些亡灵尊重)

11. As you wish.
[成语句型]随你意, 随便你.

12. as/when the spirit moves you
定义: 当你感觉准备要做的时候, 当时机成熟时.
例句: You can freeze the uncooked gyoza, and then cook them when the spirit moves you. Make sure they aren't touching each other to prevent them from sticking together. (你可以把没煮的饺子冷冻起来, 当你想要做的时候再煮它们. 别让它们互相触碰免得黏在一块)

13. ASAP
定义: 尽快, 越快越好. (注: ASAP是as soon as possible的缩写)
例句: Experts say dental health education should start ASAP; many parents are unaware of the key role that oral health plays in the overall health of their children. (专家说, 口腔健康教育应该尽早开始; 许多父母不知道口腔健康在他们子女的全面健康里扮演着重要角色)

14. ascribe to, to
定义: 归因于, 出于, 由...所创作.
例句: The author ascribes the economy's success to the current government. (作者把经济的成功归功于当今政府)

15. Asian bashing, media bashing
定义: 攻击亚裔, 攻击媒体. (注: 可以将名词xxx后接bashing就成为攻击xxx, 名词或形容词)
例句: I've seen Paramount's incredibly lame non-apology, and I, for one, am sick to death of Asian bashing masquerading as humor. (我已经看到了派拉蒙所发表的令人难以置信的蹩脚非道歉,我实在厌倦了把攻击亚裔伪装为幽默的技俩)

16. aside from
定义: 除此以外, 另外.
例句: Aside from their love of basketball, Lucas and Nathan have very little in common, but their father connects their lives in ways they could never imagine. (除了他们对篮球的喜爱, 卢卡斯与内森几乎没有共同之处, 但是他们的父亲却以他们无法想像的方法把他们的生活衔接在一起)

17. asinine excuse, an
定义: 愚蠢的理由或托辞.
例句: My pet peeve is people who offer something that clearly isn't legitimate and then defend it with some asinine excuse about not giving the best offer right off the bat. (我无法容忍之事是有些人提出明显不合情理的建议, 然后再拿愚蠢的理由来搪塞他当初为什么不马上提出最好的建议)

18. ask about/around, to
定义: 四处打听, 问问别人.
例句: I asked around to see if anyone knew the address I was looking for. (我四处打听看看是否有任何人知道我想要找的地址)

19. ask after, to
定义: 探问, 问候某人的健康, 日子过的如何.
例句: He greeted us warmly and asked after our families. (他亲切地问候我们以及探问我们的家庭)

20. ask for a modest sum, to
定义: 要价不高, 还算合理, 不过份. (注: 在此, sum就是an amount of money, 一笔钱而非总数之意)
例句: I'm asking for a modest sum that is less than you might be spending on things that are rather culturally destructive, like cable television. (我要价合理, 比起你可能要花费在有线电视这种没文化营养的开支还要便宜)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 57 访客