royl
帖子: 1766
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 56

帖子 royl » 周五 2月 25, 2011 11:01 pm

二十笔实用成语 56

01. at a push of a button
定义: 只要按一下电纽地; 以滑鼠点一下屏幕图标.
例句: I would much rather get all my listings over with in one day and then have the option to stagger when they are posted it at a push of a button. (我宁愿尽快把我的列表在一天内做好, 然后只要当它们被输入时以滑鼠点一下屏幕图标就可以选择性地把它们交错安排)

02. at a rate of knots
定义: 以极快速度地.
例句: It is now growing at a rate of knots, maintaining the momentum gained in Q1 and faring much better than we could have dared hope for this time last year. (经济现在极快地成长, 维持第一季增进的势头, 跟去年此时比较起来, 取得比我们所大胆希望还更好的进展)

03. at a sitting
定义: (坐下来)一次地, 一下子, 一口气内地.
例句: I can read about three hundred pages at a sitting. (我每次坐下来可以一口气读完三百页的书)

04. at a stretch; at one stretch
定义: 一次地, 一下子, 一口气内地.
例句: The baby doesn't sleep for more than three hours at a stretch. (这个婴儿一次无法睡眠超过三小时)

05. at a time like this
定义: 在这个节骨眼上, 在这个气氛下, 在这个时刻.
例句: What is your word of hope to people, or comfort to people who are so distressed at a time like this? (在这个气氛下, 你对沮丧的人们有什么鼓励或安慰的话语?)

06. at a venture
定义: 冒险地, 碰运气地, 随意地.
例句: Neither are you at liberty to gabble on at a venture, without emphasis or discretion, or to resort to vulgar dialect or clownish pronunciation. (也不准许你随便地没重点或不斟酌地喋喋不休, 或诉诸粗俗的方言或小丑式的发音)

07. at a very rapid pace
定义: 高速地.
例句: The markets are recovering at a very rapid pace but there is little on Main Street to support the optimism. (股市高速地回温但中产阶级民众却没有一点感受来支持这个乐观信心. 注: 这里的Main Street是指中产阶级民众)

08. at a word
定义: 马上回应地, 立即地, 立刻地.
例句: It takes a pretty good horse to draw such a wagon over country roads in all kinds of weather, and yet the horse must be docile enough so that he will halt at a word from the driver. (这需要优良马匹于各种天候里在乡间道路上拖曳这种马车, 但这匹马又必须要温驯才足以听从车夫立即停下来)

09. at about ...
定义: 大约于...
例句: Petroleum prices had fallen to below $35 in February 2009, but on May 6, 2009 had risen back to mid-November 2008 levels at about $56. (在2009年二月, 石油价格已经跌至每桶三十五元以下, 但在2009年五月六日又回升到2008年十一月中期的水平大约是五十六元左右)

10. at all
定义: 完全, 根本, 全然.
例句: When the eye cannot focus, the eye can become amblyopic, or "lazy," and it will lose the ability to see at all over time. (如果眼睛没法聚焦的话, 这只眼睛就成为弱视, 或"移动缓慢", 久而久之它将会完全失去视觉能力)

11. at all costs
定义: 不惜一切地.
例句: Do you mean that in order to win at all costs you'll abandon your vendors as soon as cheaper resources become available? (你的意思是为了不惜一切地赚钱你会抛弃掉你的供应商一旦你找到了更便宜的来源?)

12. at all events
定义: 总之, 无论如何, 不管怎样; 而且, 此外, 除此之外, 另外, 再加上.
例句: At all events, we may safely expect to see, at a more or less remote period, the regeneration of that great and interesting country. (总之, 我们可以在大约遥远的未来确定地会看到一个伟大, 令人感兴趣国家的重生)

13. at all hours of the day
定义: 整天地.
例句: With the amount of snow this winter it seems like a losing battle. Firefighters are out at all hours of the day shoveling hydrants. (因为今年冬天大量的降雪看起来好像我们怎么做都做不完. 消防队员全天地出动清理消防栓旁边的积雪. 注: 这里的a losing battle我解释为: 怎么做都做不完)

14. at all hours of the day and night
定义: (不论日夜)随时地.
例句: The downstairs neighbor has a dog that barks at all hours of the day and night, I have already complained once to the office with no change. (这个楼下邻居有只不论日夜都吠叫的狗, 我已经向管理处投诉了一次但仍无改变)

15. at all hours of the night
定义: 整夜地.
例句: My kitten wakes me up at all hours of the night trying to play with me, as cute as it is, it's so irritating. (我的小猫整晚把我弄醒想要跟我玩, 它虽然很可爱但也挺烦人)

16. at all times
定义: 全时地, 不间断地.
例句: "Eye contact must be maintained at all times," interviewers were told, according to the London Mirror. (根据伦敦镜报, 面试者被告知"要不断地保持眼光接触")

17. at an end, be
定义: 结束, 完成.
例句: President Johnson's proclamation of May 10, 1865, marked the actual close of hostilities; that of April 2, 1866, declared the insurrection at an end in all the States save Texas. (约翰森总统的1865年五月十日公告标志了实际敌对结束; 1866年四月二日宣布除了德州之外的各州叛乱结束)

18. at any cost
定义: 不惜一切代价地, 尽一切所能地.
例句: Here's a list of the seven common investing mistakes that you should avoid at any cost. (这里是一张七个普遍投资错误的列表, 你应该尽一切所能地避免它们)

19. at any given time
定义: 随时, 在任何时候, 在任何特定时间.
例句: At any given time, one side of the planet Earth is bathed in light from the Sun and the other side of the Earth is in the shadow caused by the Earth blocking the light of the sun. (在任何特定时间, 地球的一面普照在阳光之下, 地球的另一面却处于地球所遮蔽阳光的阴影之下)

20. at any moment
定义: 随时(会发生)地, 很快(会发生)地.
例句: It was always possible, after all. That the two missing women could show up at any moment and wonder what all the fuss was about. (毕竟这一直是可能的. 两个失踪女人可能会随时出现并对大家忙成一团感到不解)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 45 访客