回复
royl
帖子: 1767
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 58

帖子 royl » 周一 2月 28, 2011 10:38 pm

二十笔实用成语 58

01. at every turn
定义: 处处, 每次, 总是. (例如: Tom tries to keep you in check at every turn.汤姆试图要处处制肘你)
例句: You bash working moms at every turn and you yet don't have a career yourself. (你总是攻击全职工作的母亲, 但你自己却没职业)

02. at fault, be
定义: 有错误的, 该负责的, 茫然不知所措的.
例句: The truck driver was at fault in the terrible accident. (这个卡车司机应该对这件可怕的车祸负责)

03. at fever pitch
定义: 极度激动, 白热化, 风靡.
例句: All across America gambling is at fever pitch. The only two states that have not legalized some type are Utah and Hawaii. (赌博风靡着整个美国. 只有两州还没有让任何形式赌博合法, 它们是犹他州和夏威夷州)

04. at first
定义: 一开始.
例句: At first she didn't want to go to a movie but later she changed her mind. (一开始她不愿意去看电影, 但后来她改变主意了)

05. at first blush
定义: 初看之下, 乍看之下.
例句: At first blush he seemed like a good worker but later we had many problems with him. (初看之下, 他看起来像个好工人, 但后来我们有许多困难跟他相处)

06. at first glance
定义: 初看之下, 乍看之下.
例句: At first glance the tablecloth appears to be a traditional white floral damask, but it contains the most wonderful secret; a hidden pattern that first shows when wet. (乍看之下, 这片桌巾看起来像片白花缎布, 但它隐藏着最奇异秘密; 在浸湿后首先显示的隐密图形)

07. at first hand
定义: 第一手, 直接地, 亲身经历, 亲历其境地.
例句: He saw at first hand the way in which the Japanese officers treated humans as expendable. Not just prisoners, but their own lower ranks. (他亲身见证日本军官们对待人们像可废弃的物品. 他们不只对囚犯如此,对自己下属也是如此)

08. at first instance
定义: 首先, 第一审程序.
例句: Justice Helman at first instance found in favor of the shipowner on both points, and the Court of Appeal agreed. (黑尔曼法官在第一审对船东的两个论点做出有利判决, 上诉法庭也同意此判决)

09. at first light
定义: 天光一亮, 破晓时分, 大清早.
例句: At first light, the ducks would fly to the grain fields to feed. (破晓时分, 鸭群飞到田地上喂食)

10. at first sight
定义: 一见之下, 初次见面, 立即.
例句: I don't know what to think about the new boss. At first sight, she seems okay, but I may change my mind later. (我不知道新老板是什么样的人. 初见之下, 她看起来不错, 但我以后可能会改变看法)

11. at full blast
定义: 以全功率, 以最高速, 全力以赴, 最大音量地.
例句: If you listened to music at full blast, it would not take a long time to damage your hearing. (如果你以最大音量听音乐, 不需多久你的听力会受到损伤)

12. at full lick
定义: 极速地, 全速地, 全力以赴地.
例句: I'd like for the Torrent uploads to go at full lick if I'm not using the connection for anything else. (我想让洪流全速进行上载如果我的互联网连接不用在其他用途上)

13. at full stretch
定义: [英国]全力以赴地.
例句: Local animal rescue centers are at full stretch after experiencing an increase in the number of abandoned pets over the Christmas period. (在经历圣诞节期间被遗弃宠物的数量增加之后, 本地动物救援中心全力以赴救助)

14. at full throttle
定义: 全速地, 全力以赴地.
例句: Air cargo is at full throttle again. With the global economic crisis now having mostly receded, optimism has returned to the commercial aviation market. (空运此时又回复全力运作. 由于全球经济危机已经大部分退去, 乐观信心已经回到商业航空市场)

15. at full tilt
定义: 全速地, 全力以赴地.
例句: Sadly, it ran for about 5 seconds at full tilt until it quit working. I unplugged it and decided to see if I could fix whatever went wrong. (不幸地, 它全速运转了五秒钟之后就停摆了. 我把插头拔掉, 决定看看我是否可以修理故障)

16. at great risk
定义: 冒极大风险, 濒临危急存亡.
例句: Almost half of home mortgage borrowers are at great risk. It is predicted that they will go under in 2011. (几乎一半的房屋抵押贷款者正处于极大风险. 可以预测他们将在2011年破产)

17. at gunpoint
定义: 在枪口下.
例句: Armed police held an innocent mechanic at gunpoint when they mistook his MP3 player for a pistol. (武装警察挟持一个无辜的修车工人于枪口下因为他们误认这个工人手上拿的MP3播放器是一只手枪)

18. at hand, be
定义: 在手边的, 眼前的, 即将来临.
例句: It would seem that his happiness can be attributed to the fact that he realizes the time of his revenge is at hand. (看来他的喜悦可以归因于他了解他的报仇时机即将来临)

19. at heart
定义: 关心, 关切, 在内心里, 基本上.
例句: Women generally have community and family at heart and it's less about ego and more about what is going to make their family safer. (女人们普遍关切社区及家庭, 她们比较少注重自我意识, 较多注重如何使她们家庭更平安)

20. at home in, be
定义: 对...知识颇丰, 精通, 熟稔.
例句: He is also at home in history and sociology, and unlike most scientists, he is a good writer. (他也对历史和社会学精通, 而且不像大部分的科学家, 他还是一位优秀作家)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 62 访客