royl
帖子: 1766
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 59

帖子 royl » 周四 3月 03, 2011 9:28 am

二十笔实用成语 59

01. at home, be
定义: 在家里; 轻松自在(当作在自己家一样); 娴熟的, 精通的.
例句: I'm sorry but I left my money at home. Can you lend me some money? (对不起, 我把钱忘在家里. 你能不能借我一些钱?)

02. at issue, be
定义: 争议中, 讨论中.
例句: The point at issue here is precisely how to accomplish the task of translating myself from inner language into the language of outward expressiveness. (这个争议的重点是如达成诠释自己内心想法与感觉转成为外在语言表达的任务)

03. at it again, be
定义: 又犯了, 又做了, 又发生了.
例句: That dog is at it again – barking in the middle of the night. (这只狗又犯了毛病– 三更半夜吠叫)

04. at it, be
定义: 正在做某事. (注: 这里的事可以包括正经事和坏事)
例句: I didn't expect her to have started working yet, but she was already hard at it when I arrived. (我当时还没有预期她会开始工作, 但当我到达时她已经在卖力地工作)

05. at its best
定义: 处于其最佳的状态.
例句: You can turn back the pages of history – to the time of horse-drawn carriages and southern hospitality at its best. (你可以回溯到过去的历史时期– 走回到四轮马车跟南方亲切好客的最佳的状态)

06. at its finest
定义: 处于其最美好情况下, 在其最精细形式.
例句: It is irony at its finest that Nixon was the last liberal president and he spent his days plotting against leftists. (这是个反讽最妙的情形, 尼克森是最后一个自由派总统, 他却整天密谋做不利左派份子的策划)

07. at its height
定义: 处于其最高峰的情况下, 在其最高点.
例句: Mongol Empire's territory extended from the Yellow Sea in eastern Asia to the borders of Eastern Europe at its height. (蒙古帝国在其鼎盛时期的版图由东亚的黄河延伸至东欧的边界)

08. at its worst
定义: 在某事最低潮, 最令人痛苦或最不顺利的情况.
例句: It's pretty impressive that he started it on his own when the economy was at its worst. (他在最糟的经济时刻时开始创业, 给人相当深刻的印象)

09. at knifepoint
定义: 在刀口下, 在刀尖下.
例句: Police are seeking an Alexandria man accused of robbing a grocery store at knifepoint. (警方在寻找一个亚历山德里亚男子被指控在刀尖下抢劫杂货店)

10. at large
定义: 不分区的(立法委员或国会议员); 在逃流亡(的罪犯); 整体的, 完全的, 大规模的, 一般的, 终于.
例句: Is the church any less riddled with hypocrisy, avarice and power-drunkenness than society at large? (你认为教会比一般社会还更少充满着伪善, 贪婪, 以及沉迷于权力吗?)

11. at last
定义: 终于, 最后, 最终.
例句: When at last it came time to pay, Cathy insisted on picking up the tab, and Dean drove us back to the hotel. (当到了最后要付钱的时候, 凯西坚持要付钱, 迪恩开车载我们回到旅馆)

12. at least
定义: 至少, 不管怎样.
例句: At least he could have had the courtesy to put the dogs in an animal shelter until he's back from vacation. (至少他仍善意地把狗群留在动物收容所直到他度假回来)

13. At least it was a very interesting experience.
[成语句型]至少这还是个有趣的经验. (注: 多用来安慰别人: 虽然失败, 但是还算是个有趣经验)

14. at leisure
定义: 闲着时候, 有空, 从容不迫.
例句: You can read it on your computer or take a printout and read it at leisure. (你可以在你的电脑上阅读它或打印出来再有空的时候阅读它)

15. at length
定义: 详尽地, 全面地, 漫长地, 历经一段时间之后, 终于.
例句: We obtained a second hematology consultation and talked at length about the meaning and implications of treatment and non-treatment. (我们取得了第二个血液咨询以及长时间地讨论有关治疗与不治疗的重要意义与可能的影响)

16. at liberty
定义: 自由随意(发表意见), 没有忌讳地; 闲着时候, 有空.
例句: By the way, are you at liberty to tell us who Jim and Rachael are and where they live? (顺便提一下, 你可不可以没有忌讳地告诉我们吉姆跟瑞秋是何人, 他们住在哪?)

17. at loggerheads, be
定义: 对立的, 冲突的, 争论, 争执的.
例句: As soon as father and son meet they're at loggerheads; but, sadly, we never learn what the real issue between them is. (当父子一相遇他们就发生冲突; 但是可惜的是, 我们永远不会知道他们两人到底在争论什么)

18. at long last
定义: 终于, 最后, 最终.
例句: We remember as if it were yesterday how at long last we were able to believe we had found someone who would be our voice. (我们记得就好像昨天一样我们最终能够相信已经找到某人将成为我们的喉舌)

19. at loose ends
定义: 处于未决或未定状态, 不知如何处理.
例句: I was at loose ends when the kids were fighting. I couldn't think straight. (当小孩在打架时我不知如何处理. 我当时没法清楚地思考)

20. at love
[网球术语]零分, 使对手无法得分.
例句: The first four games of the match ended at love. (前四局比赛以零分结束)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 69 访客