royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 60

帖子 royl » 周五 3月 04, 2011 3:57 pm

二十笔实用成语 60

01. at most
定义: 至多, 最多, 充其量.
例句: She only worked here for a month or two at the most. (她只在这里工作了一个月, 最多两个月)

02. at no cost to you
定义: 不花你一毛钱, 免费的.
例句: Any treatment you receive as part of your study participation is provided at no cost to you. (做为参与研究的任何你所接受的治疗是免费供应的)

03. at no time
定义: 从不, 决不.
例句: At no time did I ever say or suggest or even hint that I had all the answers. You continue to simply spew insults instead of offering arguments. (我从没说过或表明或暗示我能解决所有的问题. 你一直口不择言地辱骂而不提出你的论点)

04. at odds with someone, be
定义: 与某人不和的, 意见相左的, 有争执的.
例句: It is impossible to enjoy life fully if you are living at odds with someone. All that time nursing grudges, and tending the fires of resentment takes valuable time away from your life. (如果你跟某人不和的话你无法完全地享受人生乐趣. 总是在怀恨跟怒火中烧把你生命宝贵的时间消耗掉了)

05. at odds, be
定义: 不和的, 意见不一致的, 有争执的.
例句: Experts are at odds over how to measure the dispersal of volcanic ash and who should decide when it is safe to fly, as millions of passengers remain grounded. (当数百万旅客无法搭乘飞机时, 专家们仍在争执如何衡量火山灰的扩散和谁来决定什么时候可以安全地飞航)

06. at once
定义: 同时发生, 立即.
例句: You can't do two things at once. You can eat or talk, but not both. (你没法同时做两件事情. 你可以吃东西或说话, 但无法同时一起做)

07. at one and the same time
定义: 在同时; 既...也..., 一面...又一面...
例句: Nowadays, no one should be able to set themselves up at one and the same time as accuser, defender, judge and executioner – you might as well say torturer. (目前, 没有人有资格把自己同时任命为指控者,辩护者, 裁判者跟执刑者– 你干脆说成折磨者算了)

08. at one blow
定义: 同时发生, 一举, 一下子, 一口气.
例句: At the beginning, balloon house loan always looks like a good deal. When the part with steady rates of the house loan is over, you should repay the rest of the loan at one blow. (一开始, 漂流式房贷总是看起来像个划算交易. 当房贷固定利率的部分结束时, 你应该一口气把剩余房贷付清)

09. at one fell swoop
定义: 一口气, 一举, 一下子, 一瞬间.
例句: Then it all happened at one fell swoop. Because the coral that protected fishes was no longer there, the grouper spawning grounds were exposed, the eggs would be eaten, and the fish were easily caught. (这时它一瞬间发生了.因为保护鱼群的珊瑚已消失了, 石斑鱼产卵场被暴露, 鱼卵被吃掉, 鱼也轻易被捕获)

10. at one go
定义: 一口气, 不停地. (注: go在此与attempt同义, 因此at one go就是at one attempt)
例句: When the power cord for my first generation notebook computer died, I decided to replace the cord and the original 3-cell battery at one go. (当我第一代笔记本电脑的电源线坏了, 我决定把电源线跟三芯电池一口气换新)

11. at one stroke
定义: 同时发生, 一举, 一下子, 一重击.
例句: At one stroke we fall into sleep, and suddenly we begin to dream, and the entire picture of the dream world is before us as if it has been created at once. (我们同时都睡着了, 突然地我们开始做梦, 整个梦中的影像好像同时被创造出来显现在我们面前)

12. at one time
定义: 曾经一度; 同时发生.
例句: At one time, the sun didn't seem so hot. We didn't need sunscreen when we worked or played in the sun. (太阳曾经一度似乎不是很热. 我们当时在太阳底下工作或游乐并不需要涂抹防晒油)

13. at one time or another
定义: 在不同的时期, 曾经.
例句: Everyone has at one time or another heard the term 'saturated fat'. We know that it is not good for us, but what exactly is saturated fat? (每个人曾经都听说过'饱和脂肪'这个术语. 我们也知道它对我们有害, 但到底什么是饱和脂肪呢?)

14. at one with someone
定义: 与某人和睦友善; 与某人的意见一致; 与某人同心协力.
例句: The other members of the committee are at one with me over my decision to fire the lazy worker. (其他的委员们跟我意见一致, 决定把这个懒惰工人解雇)

15. at one's best
定义: 处于最出色的状况.
例句: Because hypnosis involves relaxation and a laser-like beam of attention, it trains your brain to quickly and easily get into the state where you can perform at your best. (因为催眠术涉及到放轻松和雷射光一样的注意力, 它可以训练你的脑子迅速地和容易地进入最佳状况使你表现出色)

16. at one's convenience; at one's earliest convenience
定义: 请人方便时(做某事), 请人方便时尽速(做某事).
例句: Tell her she can come and collect me at her earliest convenience. (告诉她可以方便时尽快地把我接走)

17. at one's disposal
定义: 任凭某人处置, 支配, 处理, 差遣.
例句: How much money do I have at my disposal to build up assets? (我还有多少钱可以支配来增加资产?)

18. at one's ease
定义: 从容, 轻松, 不拘束地.
例句: But many of his clients simply stay in town a couple of days for the first fitting, then let him finish the work at his ease and have it sent to wherever they reside. (但他的许多客户干脆在第一次试穿后就留在城里等待一两天, 然后让他从容地把衣服做完, 再把它送到他们的住处)

19. at one's expense
定义: 开玩笑消遣你, 拿你开涮造成你尴尬, 不安或懊恼; 由你来付款或赔偿.
例句: A few weeks ago I posted an idea of melting snow with a roofing torch; you all had a good laugh at my expense. (几个星期以前, 我上贴了一个拿修屋顶的喷火器来熔雪的主意; 你们都拿我来消遣开怀大笑)

20. at one's feet
定义: 受到某人的蛊惑或影响, 令人着迷.
例句: Her voice kept audiences at her feet for years. (她的声音令她的听众着迷多年)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 78 访客