royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 61

帖子 royl » 周六 3月 05, 2011 11:18 pm

二十笔实用成语 61

01. at one's fingertips
定义: 就在手边, 垂手可得; 了若指掌.
例句: I love the idea of having unlimited files at my fingertips, but I'm daunted at the prospect of a system crash, glitch, whatever. (我喜欢无限制的档案在手边掌握的主意, 但我想到电脑系统当机, 故障, 等等可能会发生的问题我就气馁)

02. at one's heels, be
定义: 紧跟其后的, 经常作伴或追随的.
例句: The large car was on my heels during my drive into town. (这部大车子在我开车进城时一路尾随)

03. at one's leisure
定义: 有空时, 方便时.
例句: You can be gung-ho and get the process rolling fast or do it at your leisure in your spare time at your own pace. (你可以热心工作, 积极推动工作进程或者你可以有空时依照你自己的步调去做)

04. at one's own pace
定义: 按照自己的速度或步调地(学习或工作).
例句: I could work at my own pace and at times when it was convenient for me. (我可以在方便的时间依照自己的步调工作)

05. at one's own peril
定义: 后果由自己负责/承担.
例句: The President ignores black joblessness at his own peril while the job numbers in March were up for whites. (当三月份白人就业人数增加时, 总统对黑人失业忽视的后果将由自他己负责)

06. at one's own risk
定义: 后果由自己负责/承担.
例句: I just want to say use the tip at your own risk but it worked for me. (我只是想说, 你采用这个建议, 其后果由你自己承担, 但这个建议对我有帮助)

07. at one's wit's end
定义: 无计可施, 技穷, 绞尽脑汁也不知如何是好.
例句: You see, she indicated she was at her wit's end. It seems her underage son had been dating a young lady on and off for over a year. (要知道, 她表示她绞尽了脑汁也不知如何是好.似乎她的未成年儿子已经断断续续地跟一位年轻女子交往超过了一年)

08. at one's worst
定义: 在某人最无助, 最痛苦或最不顺利的情况.
例句: He's at his worst when he's asked to talk a lot and rely on his wooden acting skills. (当他被要求说很多话以及依赖他的木楞的表演技巧时, 他是最无助的)

09. at pains
定义: 煞费苦心, 大费周章.
例句: He was at pains to make sure the new worker felt welcome. (他煞费苦心地确保新进工人感受到受欢迎的气氛)

10. at par
定义: 与票面等值的, 符合标准/水平.
例句: Outsourcing bookkeeping is a practical way for most business owners to keep them at par with other business companies in this area. (对大部分的业主来说, 外包记帐工作是一个实用的方法, 使他们跟其他本地企业保持同一水平)

11. at peace with oneself, be
定义: 心平气和的, 平心静气的, 问心无愧.
例句: He feels he's doing what he needs to do, and he seems to me at peace with himself. (他认为他做他该做的事情, 照我看来, 他问心无愧)

12. at peace with someone, be
定义: 对某人不再心存芥蒂, 与某人祥和无争地相处.
例句: The young boy was leaning against his father's feet eating a candy and looking totally at peace with his dad. (这个小男孩依赖在他父亲的脚旁吃着糖果, 看似跟他父亲祥和地相处)

13. at peace, be
定义: 祥和的, 平静的.
例句: Everyone wants to live in a world at peace. (每个人都希望生活在一个祥和世界)

14. at play
定义: 在游戏中, 在表演中, 在播放中.
例句: Several issues are at play in determining the price of gasoline. (有几个争议点涉及到汽油价格的决定)

15. at present
定义: 目前, 现阶段, 现在.
例句: At present I am working as a substitute teacher. (目前我的职业是一个代课教师)

16. at random
定义: 随意地, 胡乱地, 无特定地.
例句: Two men already jailed on unrelated accusations were charged Friday with killing another man completely at random. (两人已经因不相关的指控被收押, 他们被指控在星期五完全随意地杀死另一人)

17. at rest
定义: 休息下来, 静止不动, 安心下来.
例句: Tie these ropes while the boat is at rest. (趁着船只还静止不动的时候把这些绳索绑好)

18. at risk
定义: 有危险, 濒临危机, 危难中.
例句: Nearly anyone at the scene that day will be at risk for post traumatic stress disorder, but it's difficult to predict who will be affected. (几乎当天所有在场的人都将会有严重创伤后遗症的危险, 但难以预测的是谁将会受到影响)

19. at risk of ...
定义: 受到...威胁, 冒着...危险.
例句: Today about 25 million kids and teens in the US are overweight or at risk of becoming overweight. (美国今天大约两千五百万个小孩与少年冒著成为肥胖过重的危险)

20. at sea
定义: 飘洋过海的; 困惑的, 不知所措的.
例句: This is sort of a major trip for me, since I'm travelling alone and I'm a bit at sea as to what to do, there seem to be so many things I have to plan. (这好像是我的一次较重大的旅行, 由于我单独旅行, 我还有点不知所措, 似乎有太多事情我必须要计划)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 68 访客