royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 67

帖子 royl » 周三 3月 16, 2011 12:23 am

二十笔实用成语 67

01. at this moment
定义: 在这一时刻.
例句: The recession has affected every sector of economy and one need to be extremely conscious of market development at this moment of crisis. (这个经济萧条已经影响了经济的各个层面, 在此危机时刻, 人们极须要警觉市场的发展)

02. at this point
定义: 在这个时刻.
例句: Honestly, at this point we don't need compromise. We need the whole house of cards to fall apart so we can start rebuilding from scratch. (说实话, 在这个时刻我们根本不需要妥协. 我们该让整个纸牌做的屋子崩溃, 如此我们才可以从零开始重建)

03. at this point in time
定义: 在这个时刻.
例句: Sadly, at this point in time, it seems as if the cure is almost as bad as the illness itself. (可惜的是, 在这个时刻, 治疗几乎好像跟疾病本身一样糟)

04. At this point, we can only hope.
[成语句型]到了这个地步, 我们只有盼望.

05. at this present
定义: 目前, 在这一时刻.
例句: At this present, we will not point to any particular group as being behind this. We're not even sure that the label 'terrorists' is the most appropriate. (目前, 我们不会指出任何特定团体为要这事件负责. 我们甚至不确定这个'恐怖份子'标签是最合适的)

06. at this rate
定义: 照这个情形下去; 依照这个速度下去. (注: 依这个速度意指太慢, 可能做不完)
例句: At this rate, it will take me many years to pay off this card and the amount I pay in interest will most likely equal or exceed my purchase balance. (依照这个速度下去, 将需要许多年才能付清这个卡债, 我所付出的利息金额很可能超过我的购物金额)

07. at this stage
定义: 在这个步骤或阶段.
例句: At this stage, hype around media tablets has led consumers and the channels to take a 'wait and see' approach to buying a new device. (在这个阶段, 对多媒体平板的夸张宣传已经驱使消费者跟其管道采取'等着瞧'的态度来购买新机器)

08. at this stage of the game
定义: 在某个竞争活动的这个步骤或阶段.
例句: At this stage of the game, we better stop bidding. We don't have the money to bid any more for that house. (在这个竞标活动的阶段, 我们最好停止喊价. 我们并没有钱再出高价购买这栋房子)

09. at this time
定义: 在这个时候, 此时.
例句: At this time, we're not aware of any forensic evidence that would link these guns to the homicide. (在这个时候, 我们不知道任何犯罪证据跟这些凶杀案的枪械有关联)

10. at this very moment
定义: 就在此时, 现在.
例句: Enjoy your youth. You will never be younger than you are at this very moment. (尽量享受你的青春吧. 青春一去不再返. 注: 第二句本可翻译为: 你永远不会比你这一刻更年轻; 但我觉得太詏口)

11. at times
定义: 偶尔地, 有时候.
例句: At times, I wish I had never come here. (有时候, 我真希望我没来这里)

12. at vantage point of
定义: 在观点上, 在立场上.
例句: It all depends on how we look at vantage point in life. Do we want to take advantage of it or just let it go by? (这完全取决于我们以何种观点来看生命. 我们要利用它还是让这个良机错过?)

13. at variance with ...
定义: 与...不同观点, 不符合, 不一致, 不和.
例句: What she told the police was totally at variance with the truth. (她所告诉警方的证词跟真相完全不符合)

14. at war
定义: 处于战争, 竞争或敌对状态.
例句: The United States is at war in Pakistan. It will be up to historians to decide when this war began. (美国正在巴基斯坦内部处于战争状态. 这将由历史学家来决定这个战争何时开始)

15. at war with ..., be
定义: 与...作战, 竞争, 敌对.
例句: Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors; let each new year find you a better man. (永远跟自己的缺点战斗, 跟自己的邻居和睦相处; 每一个新的年度把你变成更优秀的人)

16. At what price?
[成语句型]要付出何等代价? (注: 意指质疑为了取得另一事或物要付出何等代价)

17. at which point
定义: 在这个阶段, 在这个时刻.
例句: The offender gave her a mouthful of abuse until she told him he had stolen her bike, at which point he ran off limping from an injury caused by the collision. (这个冒犯者对她口出恶言直到她告诉他他偷了她的自行车, 在这个时刻, 他从撞击所造成的伤害跛着脚溜之大吉)

18. at which time
定义: 在那时候, 在此时.
例句: The friend told police he and another person went to help Pattie get the truck out, at which time they were met by Pattie in the parking lot. (这位朋友告诉警察他跟另一人帮助派蒂把卡车取回,在那时候他们跟派蒂在停车场会面)

19. at will
定义: 随意地, 任意地, 随心所欲地, 毫无顾忌地.
例句: He shared his feelings, speaking at will about his problems. (他告诉别人他的感想, 毫无顾忌地谈他的问题)

20. at work
定义: 正在上班, 忙碌, 有效果的, 工作正常的, 有功能的.
例句: He has been out with a back injury, but he'll be back at work soon. (他因为背伤无法工作, 但他会很快回来上班)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 69 访客