royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 68

帖子 royl » 周四 3月 17, 2011 4:33 am

二十笔实用成语 68

01. at worst
定义: 在最坏的情况下.
例句: At best the government is incompetent, and at worst, it is totally corrupt. (在最好的情况下这个政府是无能, 在最坏的情况下它完全腐败)

02. at/by someone's side
定义: 陪伴在某人旁边; 给予某人支持, 打气.
例句: Your personal investment advisor is at your side every step of the way as you pursue your financial goals. (当你追求你的财务目标时, 你的个人投资顾问全程地陪伴在你旁边)

03. at/in the back of one's mind
定义: 留在脑海深处或抛于脑后. (注: 意指没有忘掉只是没花时间仔细想)
例句: The aftermath of a car accident may leave you in such a state of shock that getting legal help for damage recovery remains at the back of your mind. (在车祸之后的创伤可能留给你如此大的惊吓, 使你的寻求弥补损失的法律救助仍然停留在脑海深处)

04. at/of age ten and above
定义: 十岁及以上的(儿童).
例句: Legally, anyone at age ten and above can be held criminally responsible for their actions, but in reality only those over the age of 15 would ever be held in the correctional facility. (法律上, 任何十岁以上的人可以被追究其行为的刑事责任, 但是事实上, 只有十五岁以上的人才会被收押于教养所之内)

05. ATM vs. ATM machine
[易混淆字或片语]ATM(名词)是正确用字; ATM是Automated Teller Machine的缩写, 所以ATM之后不可再加machine, 否则就是Automated Teller Machine machine.

06. ATM, an
定义: 自动提款机, 自助银行. (注: ATM是automated teller machine的缩写)
例句: With the annual cost of ATM crime in Europe approaching half a billion Euros, ENISA is urging consumers to be more aware of the risks and take precautions to avoid losses. (由于每年的自动提款机犯罪损失接近五亿欧元,欧洲网路与资讯安全局鼓励消费者提高风险警觉, 采取防预措施以避免损失)

07. ATM/cash card, an
定义: 自动提款机卡片.
例句: The biggest advantage of exchanging money with your ATM card is that all cash withdrawals, regardless of size, are exchanged based on the wholesale exchange rate. (以自动提款机卡片换币最大的优点是所有的现金提取, 不论其数目大小, 乃是以批发汇价为基础来兑换)

08. atomic bomb, an
定义: 原子弹.
例句: The first atomic bomb was detonated in a test in the New Mexico desert on July 16th 1945. It was considered a spectacular success. (第一颗原子弹是1945年七月十六日在新墨西哥州沙漠引爆. 这被视为一件惊人的成功)

09. Attaboy!
定义: [惊叹语]干得好! 好样的! (注: 表示对一男孩鼓励嘉勉之意)
例句: Attaboy Alex! I hope you brag it up at school; it's good to see young kids getting hooked on fishing. (干得好, 亚利克斯! 我希望你在学校里大肆吹嘘一翻; 看到小孩子热爱钓鱼令人高兴)

10. attack dog, an
定义: 攻击犬, 为主子攻击别人的走狗.
例句: When you do see it addressed, it is done in a dismissive manner or involves a media attack dog going after some occasional expert trotted out for humiliation. (当你看到这件事被人提起, 它被人以鄙视的态度对待, 或使用媒体攻击犬来追杀某个兼差的专家被人推出来羞辱)

11. attack of the munchies, an
定义: 强烈想要吃零食的食欲.
例句: As I started to get an attack of the munchies, I considered what snack I should reach for in my cupboard to curb my sweet craving. (当我开始有强烈想要吃零食的食欲时候, 我考虑我应该到我的食物柜去拿那个零食来克制我的甜食欲望)

12. Attagirl!
定义: [惊叹语]干得好! 好样的! (注: 表示对一女孩鼓励嘉勉之意)
例句: Attagirl! That was a great shot! (好样的! 这球射得漂亮)

13. attempting to do just that, be
定义: 在尝试做地就是这件事.
例句: We have a lot to live up to, but we intend to have some fun attempting to do just that. (我们还有许多事情要达成, 但是我们打算要在尝试做这件事的同时也做得开心)

14. attend classes, to
定义: 上课.
例句: You go to university, attend classes, but learn nothing about the real world. (你去上大学, 去上课, 但你学不到任何跟真实世界有关的东西)

15. attend lectures, to
定义: 上课, 聆听演讲.
例句: After working for lengthy hours and attending lectures they hardly get enough time to learn and write. (在漫长的工作和上课之后, 他们几乎没足够的时间学习跟写作)

16. attend school, to
定义: 上课, 上学.
例句: Therefore, the more your child attends school, the more funds become available, thus enabling us to provide more books, materials, and equipment for our students. (所以, 你的小孩越多的上学, 校方就得到越多的经费, 因此使我们能够供应更多的书籍, 教材, 和装备给我们的学生)

17. attend to someone, to
定义: 照顾某人; 注意或聆听某人.
例句: The doctor attended to the other patient before he got to my mother. (这位医生在看我母亲之前先照料其他的病患)

18. attention line, an
定义: 注意线, (商业信函)注明收信人或经办人.
例句: Using the attention line correctly when addressing an envelope is more than good business writing etiquette. (在填写信封上, 正确地使用注意线是一个良好的商业写作礼仪)

19. attest to that, to
定义: 证实此事千真万确.
例句: Anyone who knows me will attest to that. (任何认识我的人将会证实此事千真万确)

20. attitude toward ..., one's
定义: 对...的态度.
例句: Your approach and attitude toward work is really a reflection of your values​​ and how you view the responsibilities of life. (你对工作的方式和态度是你的价值与你如何看待人生责任感的真实反映)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 50 访客