royl
帖子: 1766
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 69

帖子 royl » 周五 3月 18, 2011 1:08 pm

二十笔实用成语 69

01. attitude, to have an
定义: 带有恶劣或不合作的态度.
例句: If you don't do your work, they will think you have an attitude. (如果你不做你的工作, 他们会认为你态度不合作)

02. attribute to, to
定义: 由于, 归因于, 起源于, 属于.
例句: We attribute our success to your good advice. (我们把我们的成功归功于你的建议)

03. attributed to, be
定义: 由于, 归因于, 起源于, 属于.
例句: The huge drop in the dollar was attributed to speculation that Japanese insurance companies and investors are pulling their money out of US Treasury bonds to finance relief efforts. (美原大幅贬值归因于日本保险公司和投资人从美国公债撤出资金来融资救灾活动)

04. au contraire
定义: 正相反.
例句: Au contraire, many states, since the inception of the Union, have used the principle of interposition to nullify Federal laws that were deemed harmful to their residents and their interests. (相反地, 自从联邦创始以来, 许多州使用中介原则废止被认为对其居民或州利益有害的联邦法律)

05. au courant, be
定义: [法语]充分知情的, 消息灵通的, 时髦的, 熟悉的.
例句: I try to stay au courant with the latest developments in the industry. (我尽力保持对最新工业发展的消息灵通)

06. auction off, to
定义: 拍卖掉.
例句: Toshiba and GQ have teamed up to auction off limited-edition notebooks designed around celebrities' lifestyles. (东芝和绅士季刊合作拍卖专为社会名流生活格调所设计的限量版笔记本电脑)

07. audio book, an; talking book, a
定义: 有声书. (注: 意指将声音录好在CD或磁带的有声书, 多用来供给盲人听书)
例句: If you cotton to the idea, I'd like to make this free audio book available on my website. (如果你喜欢这个主意的话, 我想提供这个免费有声书在我网站上)

08. audit trail, the
定义: 审计线索, 一连串的事件发生的记录以便未来可以追踪查核.
例句: Audit trail is a chronological sequence of audit records, each of which contains evidence directly pertaining to and resulting from the execution of a business process. (审计线索是一连串按照时间顺序的审计记录, 每个记录包含着与生意过程执行有关的或产生的证据)

09. augur ill for, to
定义: 不看好, 有凶兆, 情势不妙.
例句: The protests augur ill for the acceptance of the deal in a vote by employees between now and Wednesday. ​​(这些抗议对于从现在到星期三之间要决定是否采纳这个协议的员工投票并不看好)

10. augur well for, to
定义: 看好, 有好兆头, 情势不错.
例句: If anything, faster weight loss initially may augur well for those looking to the long term. (即使有的话, 初期的迅速减肥可能对于想要长期减肥的人是一个好兆头)

11. Aunt Sally, an
定义: 好欺负的对象, 众矢之的.
例句: Iraq was set up by the neo-cons as an Aunt Sally, and its WMDs were as much a figment of the imaginations of Mr. Bush as they were a figment of Saddam Hussein's. (伊拉克被新保守主意者设计为众矢之的, 它的大规模杀伤武器对布什先生也好对萨达姆侯赛因也罢, 都是个虚构之物)

12. auntie/aunty, an
定义: aunt的亲密称呼: 姨母, 婶母, 舅母, 姑母, 伯母.
例句: My Auntie Karen bought me a coat for Christmas last year. I didn't want to be rude and say I don't like it, so I sold it. (我的凯伦姑妈在去年圣诞节买了一件大衣送给我. 我不想让她难堪跟她说我不喜欢它, 所以我把它卖了)

13. Aussie, an
定义: 澳洲人, 澳大利亚​​人.
例句: An Australian citizen is usually called an Aussie, sadly, this usually refers to the white, Anglo-Saxon Australian when talking about the stereotypical Aussie. (一个澳大利亚公民通常称之为澳西, 可惜的是, 当我们谈论到典型的澳西时候, 这个称呼经常用在白种盎格鲁-撒克逊澳洲人身上)

14. auto repair shop, an
定义: 修车厂.
例句: Your best bet would be to take it to an auto repair shop and have someone look at it. (你的最好选择就是把你的车子送到修车厂, 让人好好地检查一下)

15. autograph hounds
定义: 一群穷追不舍的索取名人签名的追星族.
例句: Bridget hides from autograph hounds as she spends a little alone time with her handsome counterpart. (碧姬躲避追星族, 她跟她的英俊同僚度过了一点单独时光)

16. automatic transmission
定义: [汽车术语]自动变速器.
例句: If you're using an automatic transmission vehicle there is absolutely no need to downshift, ever. (如果你驾驶自动变速的汽车, 你绝对不需要换低速档, 千万不要)

17. autumn years, the
定义: 晚年, 尤其是一个人退休后的晚年.
例句: He spent his autumn years surrounded by family and friends. (他在他的家庭和朋友的陪伴下度过了他的晚年)

18. avail oneself of, to
定义: 利用, 运用, 使用.
例句: As an employee I should avail myself of the opportunity to buy cheap shares in the company. (做为一个员工, 我应利用这个机会购买廉价的公司股份)

19. average Joe, an
定义: 一般人, 普通人.
例句: Do you have any idea how the economy is affecting the average Joe? (你知不知道这个经济如何影响着一般普通人?)

20. average out, to
定义: 算出平均数.
例句: When I average out what I spend on clothes it comes to about $100 a month. (当我算出我购买衣物的平均花费, 它结果是一个月一百块钱)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 43 访客