royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 70

帖子 royl » 周六 3月 19, 2011 9:15 pm

二十笔实用成语 70

01. avid reader of ..., an
定义: 对...狂热/热爱的读者.
例句: I'm an avid reader of fiction and just love a novel that transports me, that is so gripping that I can't put it down. (我是个热爱虚构小说的读者, 我就喜欢被一个小说的气氛感染, 被它引入其境, 让我舍不得放下它)

02. avoid ... like the plague, to
定义: 尽力避免, 避之唯恐不及, 像躲瘟疫一样躲着...
例句: You should avoid antibacterial soaps like the plague, they do not help your family stay healthy. (你应该尽力避免杀菌肥皂, 它们不会帮助你的家庭维持健康)

03. avowed intent, an
定义: 公开宣誓的决心或承诺.
例句: If someone makes a solemn or serious promise publicly to attempt to reach a certain goal, this is their avowed intent. (如果有人公开做出庄严或严肃的承诺以试图达到某一个目的, 这是他的宣誓承诺.注: 再次提醒读者, their也可以做单数第三人称形容词使用)

04. aware of, be
定义: 知晓, 察觉到, 感觉到.
例句: He's not even aware that you are upset. (他居然没察觉到你在不痛快)

05. away back
定义: 远在, 早在.
例句: Away back in the early days of the last century, this house was used as a tavern, and the old sign which once swung in front is still retained as one of the souvenirs of the place. (早在上世纪的初期,这栋房子被用来作酒馆, 这个曾在门面一度摇晃的旧招牌仍然被保留为这个地方的纪念品之一)

06. away from
定义: 远离.
例句: You should stay away from the hot stove; it could be dangerous. (你应该要离这个烫火炉远一点; 它也许有危险)

07. away from home
定义: 在家以外, 离家在外.
例句: There's nothing like being away from home for a long time and coming back to realize how much you've changed. (没有什么比得上长期离家再回来之后发现你自己改变了很多)

08. away game, an
定义: [运动术语]在客方或对方场地进行的比赛.
例句: A few of us were talking over the last couple of seasons about arranging a trip to an away game. (我们几个人在过去几个球季讨论有关安排一个到客队场地去观看比赛的一个旅行)

09. away match, an
定义: [运动术语]在客方或对方场地进行的比赛.
例句: Winning the home match against the Portland Blazers on Tuesday, they lost their away match to the Atlanta Hawks last night. (星期二在主队场地打败波特兰拓荒者队, 他们昨晚在客队场地却输给亚特兰大鹰队)

10. away with the fairies
定义: 神游四海, 精神恍惚, 疯疯癫癫, 心不在焉.
例句: It's no good asking her to look after the children, she's away with the fairies most of the time. (不行请她看顾小孩, 她大部分的时候在神游四海, 心不在焉)

11. away you go
定义: 这样就好了; [命令语]别开玩笑了! 别再扯淡! (注: 表示不相信之意)
例句: Simply scan in your documents using a scanner of your choice and away you go. (只要使用你所选择的扫瞄器把你的文件扫瞄一下, 这样就好了)

12. away, be
定义: 不在这里, 离开, 离家.
例句: Mr. Lee is away at the moment but you can leave a message on his voice mail. (李先生现在不在这里, 但你可以在他的语音信箱上留言)

13. awe-inspiring, be
定义: 令人叹为观止, 产生敬畏, 惊奇的.
例句: The pictures show awe-inspiring cosmic scenes such as a "butterfly" nebula around a dying star, the stunningly colorful core of a giant star cluster, and a quintet of galaxies. (这些照片显示出令人赞叹​​的宇宙景象例如"蝴蝶"星云环绕的一个垂死的星球, 出色的巨大星团核心和五重银河系)

14. awful lot of, an
定义: 很多, 极多.
例句: An awful lot of people are skittish about the stock market, but real estate, that's viewed in the general public as a sure thing. (好多人对股市恐惧, 但房地产却被一般大众视为稳当的投资)

15. awfully busy, be
定义: 很忙的, 忙透了.
例句: I've been awfully busy, and I haven't gone to movies. (我一直很忙, 我都没去看电影)

16. awkward customer, an
定义: 难对付的或危险的人或动物.
例句: While I was there, a very loud awkward customer came in ordering coffee and then complaining it was not warm enough. (当我在值班时, 一个很难对付的客人进来点咖啡, 然后又抱怨咖啡不够热)

17. AWOL
定义: 擅离职守, 逃学, 开小差. (注: AWOL是absent without leave的缩写)
例句: The military police were searching the area for the soldier who had gone AWOL. (宪兵正在搜索这个地区因为这个士兵开小差)

18. aw-shucks, be
定义: 害羞/腼腆的, 不好意思的, 自我调侃的, 天真无邪的.
例句: His aw-shucks personality seems not at all contrived, and he is a rock-solid man you can't help but root for. (他的腼腆个性看起来不像是装出来的, 他是一个踏实的人, 你会禁不住地力挺他)

19. ax/axe to grind, an
定义: 别具私心, 别有用心, 另有目的, 另有所图.
例句: I know that this is a politically charged issue, but I don't have an ax to grind. (我知道这是一个充满政治情绪的争议, 但我并没有别的用心)

20. B movie
定义: B级电影; 低成本, 低品质的电影.
例句: Although the US production of movies intended as second features, the term B movie continued to be used in the broader sense it maintains today. ​​(尽管美国制作这些电影原打算充当第二部片子, B级电影至今仍旧被应用在其广义名称上. 注: 现在还有电影院一次放映两部电影, B movie就是第二部滥竽充数片子)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: Google [Bot] 和 83 访客