royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 71

帖子 royl » 周日 3月 20, 2011 1:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 71

01. babbling drivel, the
定义: 胡言乱语, 连篇废话, 胡扯八道.
例句: I've seen Japanese horror movies that made more sense than this massive lump of incoherent babbling drivel. (我看到的一些日本恐怖电影还比这一大篇前言不搭后语的胡扯八道更让人理解)

02. babe
定义: 男女友或夫妻的昵称例如: 宝贝, 亲爱的, 甜蜜的.
例句: Chances are you're the kind that likes to watch hot babes in bikinis and read cheesy sci-fi novels. (很有可能你就是喜欢观看穿比基尼泳装辣妹跟阅读低俗的科幻小说的那种人)

03. babe in arms, a
定义: 婴儿, 不谙世故的人, 天真幼稚的人.
例句: As for age, if you're on the low side of forty, then you're just a babe in arms as far as I'm concerned. (至于年龄方面, 如果你是四十岁以下的话, 对我来说你只是个天真幼稚的人)

04. babe in the woods, a
定义: 初出茅庐的人, 天真无处世经验的人, 幼稚易受骗上当的人.
例句: Bill is a babe in the woods when it comes to dealing with negativity and harassment at work. (当我们谈到应付工作上的负面环境和骚扰, 比尔是个初出茅庐的小子)

05. baby blue
定义: 淡蓝色.
例句: In Western culture, the color baby blue is often associated with baby boys, particularly in clothing and linen and shoes. (在西方文化里, 淡蓝色经常跟男孩有关联, 尤其指衣服, 桌布, 床单和鞋子等的颜色)

06. baby blues, the
定义: 淡蓝的眼睛; [医学术语]女性产后抑郁症.
例句: Many women have the baby blues in the days after childbirth. The symptoms are not severe and do not need treatment. (许多妇女在产后得了产后抑郁症. 这些症状并不严重也不需要治疗)

07. baby boom, the
定义: 婴儿潮, 二战以后大量婴儿出生的时代.
例句: Back in 1950, as the baby boom was just getting started, each retiree's benefit was divided among 16 workers and taxes could be kept low. (在一九五零年代当婴儿潮才刚开始, 每一个退休人的福利由十六个工作者分担, 所以可以维持低税率)

08. baby boomer, a
定义: 婴儿潮或二战以后出生的人.
例句: Baby boomers will retire in the first decade of the 21st century. Because they have not produced enough children to replace themselves, the number of taxpayers will shrink. (婴儿潮出生者将在21世纪第一个十年退休. 由于他们无法生育足够子女来取代他们, 纳税人数量将萎缩)

09. baby derby, the
定义: 婴儿爬行比赛.
例句: The annual baby derby warm-up trials and toddler rodeo was held in Chicago Thursday. ​​(一年一度的婴儿爬行暖身赛和幼童牛仔竞技星期四在芝加哥举行)

10. Baby needs a new pair of shoes.
[成语句型]赌徒在掷骰子或者抽一张牌之前祈求手气好的祷告: 婴儿需要买一双新鞋子.

11. baby shower, a
定义: 为未出生婴儿开派对, 父母亲接受亲朋好友送婴儿礼物.
例句: In some countries, a baby shower is a way to celebrate the pending or recent birth of a child by presenting gifts to the parents at a party. (在有些国家, 婴儿送礼会是一个庆祝即将出生或最近出生婴儿的一种方式, 参加者在聚会中把礼物送给婴儿的父母)

12. babysit, to
定义: 当临时保姆, 照顾小朋友.
例句: All I ask for is one night where I don't have to babysit you guys. (我所要求的是一个晚上我不必照顾你们)

13. babysitter, a
定义: 照顾小孩的临时保姆.
例句: I have found a great babysitter with excellent experience and references. (我已经找到一个既有卓越经验又有好口碑, 令人满意临时保姆)

14. back alley, a
定义: 后街陋巷, 进行秘密或非法交易的黑巷子.
例句: The workhorse of the back alley economy consists of mostly migrant workers struggling to make a living in big cities. (后街经济的主力大多是由移民工人所组成, 他们胼手胝足地在大城市里求温饱)

15. back and fill
定义: 摇摆不定, 犹豫不决.
例句: The other candidate was backing and filling on every issue, depending on whom she was addressing. (随着她演讲的对象, 这另一位后选人一直在每个议题上立场摇摆不定)

16. back and forth
定义: 来回往返地, 来来往往地.
例句: Tom rode the same bus route for years. Every week he went back and forth from San Antonio to Austin. (几年来汤姆搭乘同一个公车路线. 每个星期他来回往返圣安东尼奥跟奥斯丁之间)

17. back answer, a
定义: 放肆无礼的顶嘴.
例句: He was quiet and gentle and had never given her a back-answer in his life, nor had she ever seen him raise a hand to a soul. (他是个安静, 温和的人, 从来不跟她顶嘴, 她也从来没见到他对别人动粗)

18. back at ya
[惊叹语]你也一样! 回敬你! (注: 回敬别人的祝福或咒骂)
例句: Of course, what goes around comes around, as they can say, "Right back at ya!" (当然, 因果循环, 一报还一报, 就像人们所说的, "回敬你!")

19. back away from ..., to
定义: 躲避, 避开, 撤销, 停止支持...
例句: Why do men back away from you when they have a problem and stop contacting you and what is the best thing to do if they have asked for time alone? (为什么男人有问题的时候就避开你, 不再跟你联络; 当他们要求一点独处时间, 你该如何做才好?)

20. back away, to
定义: 离开或撤退. (注: 多用在对自己的立场或意见的撤退)
例句: When he took a snake out of his pocket everyone backed away and stood watching it from a safe distance. (当他把一条蛇从口袋拿出时, 大家都退开到安全距离外观看)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 79 访客