royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 77

帖子 royl » 周一 3月 28, 2011 1:03 pm

二十笔实用成语 77

01. bad shot, a
定义: 射不准的人, 没射中, 射击误失, 猜错, 错误答案.
例句: If you hit a bad shot, it will still be a bad shot that you have to take personal responsibility for. That's the core value of golf – no excuses allowed. (如果你把球打偏了, 这还是一个打击误失, 你自己要为此负责任. 这就是高尔夫球的核心价值—不允许任何借口)

02. bad sort, a
定义: 坏蛋, 恶棍, 骗子, 没出息的人.
例句: We find him not such a bad sort after all, and his differences of opinion which aroused our contempt in the past, now command our respect. (尽管这样说, 我们发现他并不是一个坏蛋, 虽然他过去提出异议令人厌恶, 但现在他值得我们的尊敬)

03. bad sport, a
定义: 比赛输不起也没风度的人.
例句: I'm not a bad sport, but this is the most shamelessly rigged game I've ever seen because what goes on in this game is statistically impossible. (我不是一个输不起的人, 但这是一个我看到最无耻的作弊游戏因为在这个游戏所发生的情况在统计学上是不可能的)

04. bad taste, a
定义: 庸俗, 低级趣味; (因不愉快的经验所产生的)厌恶.
例句: Your bad taste in music will no longer ruin the party. Your friends don't like your party music anyway. (你在音乐上的低俗风格已经不会再破坏这个派对. 反正你的朋友不喜欢你的派对音乐)

05. bad time, a
定义: 被人戏谑的窘境; 不顺利, 时运不济的困境; 错误/糟糕的时机.
例句: The Wall Street crunch came in a bad time to Political fundraisers. The New York Times reports that many fundraisers have a great difficulty. (对政治资金募款人来说华尔街困境的出现真不是时候. 纽约时报报导许多资金募款人正遭到巨大困难)

06. bad to the bone, be
定义: 坏到骨子里的, 天生坏胚子的.
例句: It's rare to meet a person who is bad to the bone. Only a few people are hell-bent for destruction and make it their business to make everyone else miserable. (碰到一个坏到骨子里的人还真是罕见. 只有少数人一心一意地以毁灭为目标, 以造成所有人痛苦为己任)

07. bad trip, a
定义: 惊吓或不愉快的遭遇或经验或旅行.
例句: And more often than not, these bad trips teach you more about yourself than the easy ones. So, it isn't always good to try to avoid them. (常常, 这些不愉快的经验要比愉快的经验更能使你们对自己更加了解. 所以, 逃避这些不愉快经验并不永远是好事)

08. bad word, a
定义: 脏话, 下流话, 亵渎不雅语言.
例句: I don't think "freaking" is a bad word, but I wish I could think of it as a bad word; I ​​don't use it when I conduct official business. (我不认为freaking是个脏话, 但我希望能把它当作脏话; 在正式商业场合我不使用这个字眼. 注: freaking是个婉转不冒犯人的fucking代替语, 用来加强语气, 本身没意义)

09. bad, be
定义: [俚语]好的, 厉害的或很酷的. (注: 这是除了传统坏的意思之外的俚语)
例句: He's a bad man on drums, and the fans love him. (他是个打鼓的能手, 他的乐迷热爱他)

10. bad/rotten apple, a
定义: 害群之马, 群体中不肖份子.
例句: Anyone who has declared someone else to be an idiot, a bad apple, is annoyed when it turns out in the end that he isn't. (任何人宣称另一人是个白痴, 是个害群之马只是在说气话如果此人最后被证明他并不是这种人的话)

11. Bada bing bada boom!
定义: 巴达乒巴达砰! (注: 强调某事就是这样轻而易举或某事发生在预料中)
例句: Bada bing bada boom! Just like that. (巴达乒巴达砰! 就是这么容易做)

12. badass attitude, the
定义: [不雅语]惹事生非的, 恶劣的, 凶悍的态度.
例句: There is nothing I hate more in a man than that "I have a badass attitude." If he cleaned himself up a little and started to act normal, I might change my mind. (没有什么比一个摆出恶劣态度的男人还更让我讨厌. 如果他多约束自己一点, 开始表现正常的话, 我可能会改变主意)

13. badass, a
定义: [不雅语]惹事生非的坏蛋, 恶棍.
例句: He acted tough and thought of himself as a badass. (他摆出一副凶悍的样子还认为自己是个坏蛋)

14. badder/baddest, be
定义: [俚语](更/最)出色的, (更/最)好的, (更/最)厉害的, (更/最)不好惹的, (更/最)凶悍的.
例句: He's the baddest guitar player you'll ever hear! (他是个你所听过最出色的吉他演奏者)

15. badge of honor, a
定义: 荣誉勋章, 光荣象征. (注: 常用于被某恶人所痛恨是光荣的象征)
例句: Many embrace the pink ribbon as a badge of honor, others view it as the symbol of a battle to be won, and many others downright hate the damned thing. (许多人把粉红丝带当作光荣的象征, 也有人把它当作要赢得一个战斗的象征, 许多其他人彻底地恨这鬼玩意儿)

16. badger game, a
定义: 仙人跳, 美人计, 以色诱人上当再敲诈勒索.
例句: The badger game is an extortion scheme, often perpetrated on married men, in which the victim is tricked into a compromising position to make him vulnerable to blackmail. (仙人跳是个勒索技俩, 经常对有妇之夫下手, 诱惑受害者跟别的女人上床再让他易于被人敲诈)

17. badger someone, to
定义: 纠缠不休, 不停的骚扰激怒某人.
例句: I always have to badger my friend in order to make him return my computer game software. (我一直跟我的朋友纠缠不休为的是强迫他把电脑游戏软件还给我)

18. bad-mouth someone, to
定义: 严厉批评, 说人坏话, 毁损别人的名誉.
例句: He doesn't bad-mouth his opponents and is always respectful of what they have achieved. (他不说他对手的坏话, 永远尊重对手的成就)

19. bafflegab
定义: 废话连篇, 官样文章.
例句: I kept asking the telemarketer what the final cost of the "special offer" was, and all I got was more bafflegab about deferred payments. (我一直询问这位电话销售员所谓"特卖"的总价是多少钱,我所得到的却是更多的有关延期付款的连篇废话)

20. bag and baggage
定义: 全部家当, 尤其要搬迁时所有的财物.
例句: All right, if you won't pay the rent, out with you, bag and baggage! (好啦, 如果你不愿付房租的话, 你搬走吧, 把你全部家当带走!)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 45 访客