royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 80

帖子 royl » 周四 3月 31, 2011 10:22 am

二十笔实用成语 80

01. balls to the wall
定义: 加速进行; 全力以赴.
例句: If you go balls to the wall mentally, and you do everything humanly possible to make gains, you will succeed. (如果你在精神上全力以赴, 以及你尽一切力量求得进展, 你会成​​功的)

02. balls-up, a
定义: [英国不雅俚语]杂乱, 纰漏, 办砸.
例句: I've known people who are such accomplished losers that I think that's what they devote their time to: How can I be the biggest balls-up maker possible? (我认识一些非常有成就的失败者, 我认为这就是他们把他们的时间致力于: 我如何尽可能地成为最大纰漏制造者?)

03. ballsy, be
定义: [不雅语]带种的, 有种的, 有胆量的​​.
例句: It's a ballsy attempt to say that your game is infinite-free, but I look forward to seeing if the claim proves true. (敢说你的游戏是无限免费是个有胆量的尝试, 但我盼望看到这个声明是否能证明是真的)

04. ballyhoo, the
定义: 哗众取宠的展示或讲话, 华丽吹嘘而不实的广告或宣传.
例句: Despite all of the ballyhoo, the group's new album sales are flat. (尽管所有虚华不实的吹嘘, 这个乐团的新歌专辑卖得不怎样)

05. baloney
定义: 胡说, 骗人的话; [惊叹语]胡扯!
例句: His speech about the importance of helping the poor is baloney. He wouldn't even give his best friend a dime. (他的有关扶贫重要性的演讲是骗人的话. 他对他的最好朋友都不会给一分钱)

06. bam
定义: 爆炸或撞击响声; [惊叹语]蹦!
例句: I was driving along the street when, bam, I hit a pothole. (我正在沿着这条街开车, 突然蹦一声, 我撞上了一个路坑)

07. bamboozle someone into doing something, to
定义: 哄骗, 鼓动, 迷惑某人去做某事.
例句: There is no way he would let anyone bamboozle him into doing anything he doesn't want to do. (他决不会容许任何人鼓动他去做任何他不想要做的事)

08. bamboozle someone out of something, to
定义: 诈骗某人的财物.
例句: While she was trying to bamboozle me out of $3.00 extra, I told her that some of the things being sold there that day were mine that I had donated to their cause. (正当她试图着要诈骗我额外三块钱,我告诉她当天那里其中一些被卖的东西原先是我的, 是我早先为他们的义卖所捐出的)

09. banana hammock, a
定义: 男子比基尼泳裤.
例句: I would sneak into my father's room and steal his underwear before a big date. He had leopard-skin banana hammocks. (在一个重要约会前, 我总是溜进我爸爸的房间内偷他的内衣裤来穿. 他有一条豹皮比基尼泳裤)

10. banana oil, the
定义: 香蕉油, 花言巧语, 废话.
例句: I refuse to listen to any more of your childish banana oil. (我才不听你的幼稚废话)

11. banana republic, a
定义: 香蕉共和国. 热带地区独裁者统治的国家.
例句: To me, we've reached a banana republic point where our inequality has become both economically unhealthy and morally repugnant. (对我来说, 我们已经达到了一个香蕉共和国的程度, 在这个情形下, 我们不公平的现状已经变成经济上病态和道德上可憎的)

12. banana skin/peel, a
定义: 香蕉皮, 一件可能造成尴尬问题的事, 失败.
例句: This weekend the market slipped on a banana skin which may be good news for buyers. (这个周末, 股市的大跌可以说是一个对买家的好消息)

13. banana split, a
定义: 香蕉船. (注: 把香蕉从中剖开, 淋上冰淇淋, 水果糖浆, 巧克力酱, 碎干果, 奶油)
例句: There are many variations, but the classic banana split is made with scoops of vanilla, chocolate and strawberry ice cream served in a row between the split bananas. (它有多种变化, 但传统的香蕉船是用数勺香草,巧克力和草莓冰淇淋呈一排地放在两条切开香蕉的中间)

14. band together, to
定义: 团结一致.
例句: I hope this help us understand that if we band together, we can accomplish a lot. (我希望这件事帮助我们明白如果我们团结一致, 我们可以取得许多成就)

15. bandit territory, a
定义: 盗匪出没的, 没有法治的地方, 工业或行业.
例句: The route is well-known bandit territory, with travelers facing a high risk of ambush and hijack. (这条路线是有名的盗匪出没地区, 许多过路客面对高风险的伏击和绑架)

16. bandwidth, the
定义: [网路术语]频宽, 带宽.
例句: She likes being on the Internet when she's at work because the bandwidth is much better there than at home. (在上班的时候, 她喜欢上互联网因为那里的频宽比她家里的频宽要好多了)

17. bandy about, to
定义: 不经意/非正式地讨论.
例句: The candidate hasn't chosen a running mate yet, but some names have been bandied about. (这位候选人还没选好竞选伙伴, 但有些人的名字已经被非正式地讨论)

18. bandy words with ..., to
定义: 与...争执.
例句: I don't want to bandy words with you all night. There are many more enjoyable ways I could be passing the time, such as in planning my next trip to Hong Kong. (我不想跟你争执一晚上. 我有许多有乐趣的方式打发时间, 例如计划我下一个到香港的旅游)

19. bang away, to
定义: 坚决地努力以赴, 奋斗不懈地工作.
例句: We have to keep banging away if we want to finish on time. (我们必须要奋斗不懈地工作如果我们想要及时地完工的话)

20. bang goes something …
定义: 没符合某条件, 去做某事或取得某物告吹了. (例如: I have to work this weekend. Bang goes my date with my girlfriend. 周末要加班, 与女友的约会告吹了)
例句: The airport closed and bang went our holiday plans! (我的渡假计划被毁了因为这个机场关闭了!)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: Google [Bot] 和 43 访客