royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 81

帖子 royl » 周四 3月 31, 2011 8:20 pm

二十笔实用成语 81

01. bang heads together, to
定义: 训诫, 强制, 处罚某群人.
例句: I'm here to bang heads together to get everyone on the same side and I'm prepared to fight for what I believe in. (我要强制大家同仇敌忾, 我准备为我的信念战斗)

02. bang into, to
定义: 撞击入, 与...相撞, 打击入, 不期而遇, 说服.
例句: Elrond turned around and banged his fist into Glorfindel's chest. The warrior took the blow in stride and didn't pull back. (爱尔隆转过身来拿他的拳头击打葛罗分戴尔的胸膛. 这位战士从容地接受敲打而不退缩)

03. bang on about, to
定义: 喋喋不休, 不停地谈到.
例句: Why I keep banging on about pedophile priests? I want justice for the victims of pedophile priests. (我为什么不停地谈到恋童癖的神父? 我要为恋童癖神父的受害者找回司法正义)

04. bang on, be
定义: [英国]完全正确, 完全适当, 真实.
例句: I actually think this is one of the most bang on assessments I've ever seen. (我其实认为这是我所见过的最正确的评估)

05. bang one's head against a brick wall, to
定义: 怎么做都做不出来, 处处碰璧, 徒劳无功.
例句: Every time my mum has tried to teach me how to knit, I wanted to bang my head against a brick wall. (每次我妈妈想要教我如何打毛线, 我怎么打都打不好)

06. bang one's head into a brick wall, to
定义: 怎么做都做不出来, 处处碰璧, 徒劳无功.
例句: This math question makes me want to bang my head into a brick wall. (这个数学习题我怎么做都做不出来)

07. bang out, to
定义: 迅速做出; 响亮地敲打或演奏.
例句: He banged out the speech draft in just a few hours. (他在几个小时内迅速地把他的演讲稿写好)

08. bang the drum for ..., to
定义: 大力鼓吹, 呼吁大家支持...
例句: At that point, it was just a few of us around the country banging the drum for the importance of supporting local farmers and artisans. (在那个时候, 全国只有我们几个人大力鼓吹支持本地农民和工匠的重要性)

09. bang to rights
定义: 逮个正着, 罪证确凿.
例句: If you can catch them doing something naughty, you would have them bang to rights and off your case. (如果你能够撞见他们正在做坏事, 你就可以把他们逮个正着, 他们以后就不会再找你麻烦了)

10. bang up, to
定义: 严重地损坏.
例句: I got hit from behind by a cell-phone-talking idiot driver, and my neck and shoulders were really pretty badly banged up. (我的车子被一个一面打手机一面开车的白痴驾驶人从后面撞上, 我的颈部和肩膀受到严重伤害)

11. bang-up job, a
定义: 极好, 令人激赏的工作.
例句: Veronica did a bang-up job on her English project. She got the highest score in the class. (佛朗尼卡的英文专题研究做得极好. 她拿到了全班最高分)

12. bang-up, be
定义: 极好的, 一流的, 很成功的.
例句: We went to Galveston earlier in the day and had a bang-up time with the nice folks there. (今天稍早我们去盖尔文斯顿, 我们跟当地的亲切人们玩得极为尽兴)

13. banished words, the
定义: 禁用的文字或语言.
例句: "Viral" leads this year's list of banished words from a Michigan university seeking an antidote to over-used expressions. ("迅速窜红"领先今年某一个密西根大学的禁用语的名单, 此大学正在寻找针对过度使用词句的反制方法. 注: Viral本义为"病毒的"跟本句的俚语意思不一样)

14. Bank on it!
定义: [成语句型]你可以信赖它!

15. bank on, to
定义: 依靠, 信赖.
例句: You can bank on her standing up for what she believes in, and she will not back down. (你可以信赖她对她信念的捍卫, 她决不会退缩)

16. bank teller, a
定义: 银行柜台出纳员.
例句: A bank teller is the most prominent members of a bank's employee base, simply because of their sheer visibility and being an integral part of the customer relationship. (银行出纳员是银行员工基础中最突出的成员, 完全是因为他们的十足能见度以及成为客户关系的重要部分之一)

17. bankroll a special interest group, to
定义: 金援一个特殊利益团体.
例句: We don't think state money should be used to bankroll a special interest group's litigation efforts. (我们不认为政府的资金应该使用在支助一个特殊利益团体的诉讼努力上)

18. baptism by/of fire, a
定义: 火的洗礼, 某事第一次艰苦经验.
例句: I remember my baptism by fire as a newly graduated nurse. It was my very first day on the job at a major medical center. (我还记得我作为刚毕业护士的第一次艰苦经验. 这是我去一个主要医学中心上班的第一天)

19. bar code, a
定义: 商品电脑条码.
例句: A bar code is an optical machine-readable representation of data, which shows data about the object to which it attaches. (商品条码是一个光学机器可以阅读的表达数据, 它可以显示它所依附项目的有关资料)

20. bar from, to
定义: 禁止, 不准.
例句: The defendants are barred from obtaining consumers' telephone records without their consent and court orders. (如果没有消费者的同意与法庭的命令, 被告是不准取得消费者的电话记录)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 72 访客