royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 83

帖子 royl » 周日 4月 03, 2011 6:07 pm

二十笔实用成语 83

01. bargain for, to
定义: 期望, 料想到, 考虑到.
例句: Sometimes life comes up with something better than what we bargained for. (有时候人生会意外出现比我们期望还更好的事情)

02. bargain hunting, a
定义: 到处寻觅便宜货.
例句: A friend and I spent a glorious Saturday afternoon being shown around by a frugal fashionista who gave us a crash course in bargain hunting. (我跟一个朋友度过了一个极为愉快的星期六下午, 我们被一位节俭的时装专家带领四处参观, 也给我们上了一堂寻购便宜货的速成课)

03. bargain on, to
定义: 期望, 料想到, 考虑到.
例句: He hadn't bargained on how his new position in the company would change the way people treated him. (他没料想到在这家公司的新职务改变了别人对他的态度)

04. bargain over, to
定义: 讨价还价, 洽谈.
例句: The union filed a grievance and requested to bargain over the effects of the layoff. (这个工会递交一份投诉以及要求对裁员所造成冲击的洽谈)

05. bargain-basement, be
定义: 便宜的, 劣质的.
例句: Well, at that bargain-basement price I can see why everyone is jumping all over that. (嗳, 以这个便宜的价格, 我可以明白为什么大家都抢着买那件东西)

06. barge about/around, to
定义: 东闯西撞.
例句: After barging about and crashing into the walls and ceiling, the bird finally managed to find its way out through an open window, and flew off apparently none the worse for wear. (在东闯西撞和猛撞墙跟天花板之后,这只鸟终于设法从窗口找到出路, 它显然丝毫没受伤地飞走)

07. barge in on, to
定义: 闯进打断, 闯进打岔. (注: 意指打断别人谈判或会议)
例句: I was getting angry because she kept barging in on our conversation. (她不停地打断我们的交谈弄得我火大)

08. barge into, to
定义: 闯进打断, 闯进打岔, 闯入, 撞见. (注: 意指打断别人谈判或会议)
例句: He came rushing down the stairs, barging into the crowd of people at the bottom. (他冲下楼梯, 闯入楼底下面的人群里)

10. barge right in, to
定义: 直接闯进打岔, 径自闯入.
例句: But you have an enemy who is looking for any little opening, to get his hoof in the door, so he can barge right in. (但是你有个敌人正在寻找任何小空隙把他的脚挤进门来, 这样他才可以径自闯入)

11. barhop, to
定义: 串酒家. (注: 一夜里一家接一家地换酒店喝酒)
例句: An Anderson County mother is facing serious charges after deputies say she went barhopping and left her baby in her car. (有如警官所说的, 她串酒家并把自己的婴儿丢在车内不管, 一个安德森县母亲正面临着严重的指控)

12. bark is worse than one's bite, one's
定义: 雷声大雨点小, 嘴凶人不凶的, 有口无心的, 某人并不坏所以不用怕.
例句: Our history teacher is always yelling about people being late, but his bark is worse than his bite. He won't fail anyone just for being late a few times. (我们的历史老师永远对迟到的人吼叫, 但是他是有口无心的. 他不会让只迟到几次的学生不及格)

13. bark up the wrong tree, to
定义: 弄错工作程序, 怪错人了, 找错对象.
例句: He is barking up the wrong tree. He accuses me of causing the computer problem but I was away at the time. (他怪错人了. 他指控我造成这个电脑问题, 但我当时根本不在这里)

14. Barkus is willing.
[成语句型]某人愿意结婚或接受求婚.

15. barn burner, a
定义: 精彩的, 成功的, 令人激赏的活动或比赛.
例句: The Republican primary is going to be a rea​​l barn-burner. They will tr​​y and "out-conservative" one another to no doubt brutish and outrageous end. (这场共和党初选肯定会是一场精彩大戏. 他们会使出浑身解数互相"比拼看谁更保守"直到毫无疑问地残暴与惨不忍睹的结局)

16. barrack-room lawyer, a
定义: [英国俚语]假专家, 喜欢给别人乱出瞎主意者.
例句: When it comes to choosing car stereos, we can easily find a barrack-room lawyer who can talk endlessly about choosing the right car stereo but they know nothing in reality. (当谈到如何选择汽车音响, 我们可以轻易找到假专家滔滔不绝地谈论选择正确汽车音响, 但他实际上啥都不懂)

17. barrel of laughs, be a
定义: 令人开怀大笑, 逗人快乐的人或事.
例句: Our school lives can be a barrel of laughs or a barrel of boredom – it's up to us. (我们的学校生活可以成为令人快乐或令人厌烦的经验– 这要看我们怎么过)

18. barren and unforgiving terrain, a
定义: 荒芜, 不适合人居住的地域.
例句: Atacama Desert, the barren and unforgiving terrain serves as practice grounds for space exploration. (阿塔卡马沙漠, 这个荒芜, 不适合人居住的地域被用来作太空探险的练习场地)

19. base on, to
定义: 基于, 根据.
例句: It is used to determine the ups and downs of your entire life. Basing on your 8 characters, you will be able to see your health, wealth, romance and other relationships. (这是被使用来决定你一生的起伏.根据你的八字, 你将可以看到你的健康, 财富, 爱情和其他的人际关系)

20. based on one's past experience
定义: 基于自己过去的经验.
例句: I need your precious advice and suggestions, based on your past experience in gathering the required documents, for my parent's Visitor Visa. (基于你过去在搜集所需文件的经验, 我需要你的宝贵指导和建议有关我父母的旅游签证)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 67 访客