royl
帖子: 1766
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 84

帖子 royl » 周一 4月 04, 2011 11:31 pm

二十笔实用成语 84

01. based on what you know
定义: 根据你所知的.
例句: If you know all that, you will take actions based on what you know so you never have to turn to anyone for a bailout. (如果你全都明白的话, 你会根据你所知的采取行动, 如此你才不须要求助于别人的救援)

02. based on what you say
定义: 根据你所说的.
例句: My experience is that SSA and/or judges don't usually approve your case based on what you say on the forms. (根据你在申请表所填的资料, 我的经验是社会安全署或法官通常不会批准你的案件)

03. based on, be
定义: 根据.
例句: Based on your own thoughts and the facts and ideas you have gathered from a variety of sources, a research paper is a creation that is uniquely yours. (根据你自己的想法跟你从不同来源所搜集到的事实和意见, 你写的一篇研究论文是你独特的创作)

04. baseless allegation, a
定义: 无的放矢, 无根据的指控.
例句: This is a baseless allegation bereft of actual truth. But keep saying and writing it and many fools will accept it as true. (这是一个缺乏事实根据的指控. 但是不停地说写它却可以使许多愚昧的人接受它为真相)

05. bases are loaded, the
定义: [棒球术语]满垒. (注: 意指一二三垒已有球员)
例句: If the bases are loaded with one out, the probability of scoring any runs is 0.67. (如果在满垒和一人出局的情况下, 任何跑垒得分的概率是0.67)

06. bash away, to
定义: [英国非正式语]努力工作或努力学习.
例句: The children are bashing away at their homework. (这些小朋友正努力地做他们的功课)

07. bash in, to
定义: 撞坏, 打击伤害.
例句: My 1998 Explorer had the tailgate bashed in and right after that, the car would not lock which I presumed was because the car did not believe that the back door was closed. (我的1998年探险家休旅车的尾板被撞坏了, 自此之后车子就不能上锁, 我估计是因为这部车子以为后门没关好)

08. bash on, to
定义: [英国非正式语]持续地努力工作或努力学习.
例句: You're not finished yet? Well, bash on. (你还没做完吗? 好吧, 你再继续做下去)

09. bash out, to
定义: [英国非正式语]加紧赶工, 仓促做出.
例句: He bashed out an angry letter to the editor. (他仓促地写了一封愤怒的信给这位编辑)

10. bash up, to
定义: [英国非正式语]攻击.
例句: Did you hear about the snail that got bashed up by two turtles? At the police station they asked him, "Did you get a good look at the turtles that did this?" (你听说了这只蜗牛被两只乌龟攻击吗? 在派出所他们问他, "你有没有看清楚这两只乌龟做了这件事情?")

11. bash, a
定义: 大型派对或欢乐集会.
例句: We threw a birthday bash for my fiancé last night and because he's really into Halloween, I made these fun lollipops. (昨晚, 我们为我的未婚夫举办了一个庆生宴, 由于他很喜欢万圣节, 我制作了这些好玩的棒棒糖)

12. basic to ..., be
定义: 形成或属于...最重要的部分.
例句: A philosopher is someone who is interested in knowledge; and to be interested in knowledge is basic to happiness. (一个哲学家是一个对知识有兴趣的人; 对知识有兴趣是快乐的泉源)

13. basket case, a
定义: 失魂落魄的人, 濒临精神崩溃的人, 濒临失败的公司或政府.
例句: If Gloria has one more crisis, she'll be a basket case. (如果葛萝莉亚再受到另一个危机打击的话, 她肯定会精神崩溃)

14. basking in the glory, be
定义: 沉迷在光荣, 胜利或成功的荣耀里.
例句: I think its highly possible that he spent the week basking in the glory of the Cincinnati game and didn't adequately prepare mentally for the game this week. (我估计他极可能花了整个星期沉迷在辛辛那提那场胜利的荣耀里, 他没有在心理上足够地准备这星期的比赛)

15. bastard, a
定义: [骂人脏话]狗娘养的, 令人痛恨的人或事, 令人痛苦或艰难的人或事, 假冒品, 私生子女.
例句: Life's a bastard; but sometimes it lets up. (人生真令人痛苦; 但有时候它会变温和点)

16. bat a thousand, to
定义: 每战必胜, 保持完美的记录.
例句: I've had two interviews and two offers. I'm batting a thousand! (我已经通过两场面试和两份工作聘书. 我每战必胜!)

17. bat an eye/eyelash, to
定义: (不停眨眼)露出表情或反应(尤其是惊讶, 恐惧或有兴趣).
例句: When they asked him about the crime, he didn't bat an eye. His expression didn't change. (当他被询问到这个罪案时, 他眼睛连眨都没眨一下. 他脸色表情一点都没变)

18. bat around, to
定义: 东敲西打; 长时讨论或思考; 漫游; 无目的地闲逛; [棒球术语]一局内九个球员都一一上场打击.
例句: The plan was batted around for a while, but it was finally rejected. (这件计划被反覆地推敲了一段时间, 但最后没被采纳)

19. bat five hundred, to
定义: 赢一半的比赛, 解决一半的问题.
例句: If you can bat five hundred in phone sales, you're doing fantastic. (如果你能在电话的销售上成功一半的话, 你干得很出色)

20. bat for both teams, to
定义: 双性恋者.
例句: This time, Ricky said he still loves to have fun with the ladies, but he could bat for both teams, insinuating to his bisexuality. (这一次, 瑞奇说它仍然喜欢跟女人玩得开心, 但他可以跟两性玩得开心, 暗指他的双性恋)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 36 访客