royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 85

帖子 royl » 周三 4月 06, 2011 12:36 am

二十笔实用成语 85

01. bat for the other team, to
定义: 同性恋者.
例句: I can see you guys thinking maybe this whole divorce has driven me off the deep end and even driven me to bat for the other team, but rest assured, that is not the case. (我看你们这些家伙正在想也许这整件离婚事件已经把我逼入困境甚至把我变成同性恋者, 但你们放心, 实际情形并非如此)

02. bat one thousand, to
定义: 完善成功, 保持完美记录.
例句: Even if you're batting one-thousand, and following a one-size-fits-all method perfectly, seven out of eight times you're going to suffer rejection. (即使你保持完美记录, 完全​​地遵循一式通用的方法, 你还是有很大的可能性被拒绝)

03. bat the breeze, to
定义: 闲聊, 聊天.
例句: Once, a buddy and I were batting the breeze with our immediate supervisor, telling stories about growing up in our various parts of the country. (有一次, 我跟一个老朋友还有我们顶头上司在闲聊, 我们谈论到在国内不同地区成长的故事)

04. bat the idea around, to
定义: 脑力激荡, 从不同的角度思考问题.
例句: However, the more I bat the idea around, the more I feel like I'm between a rock and a hard place. (但是, 我越思考这个问题, 我越觉得我陷在进退两难的困境)

05. bath of blood, a
定义: 大屠杀, 巨大损失, 大量遣散员工.
例句: Their history is a bath of blood. The history of ancient and allegedly civilized Greece is a panorama of jingoism and imperialism. (他们的历史就是一个大屠杀历史. 古老的跟所谓的文明希腊人历史其实是一连串的爱国侵略主义和帝国主义的展示)

06. bathed in sweat, be
定义: 汗水淋漓, 汗流浃背.
例句: The early-summer sun was blasting like a nuclear furnace, and at only 9 am we were already bathed in sweat. (初夏的太阳带来炎热的气流真像一个核能反应堆, 才早上九点钟我们已经汗流浃背)

07. bathing suit, in a
定义: 穿着泳装.
例句: So the rest of us will just have to keep looking at her parading around in a bathing suit till she dies. (所以对于我们这些其他人来说, 我们只有继续注视着她穿着泳装展现她的身材直到她死亡)

08. bats in the belfry, with
定义: 做出乖张, 古怪, 疯疯癫癫行为.
例句: Now, I'm no psychiatrist, but to me, the above description sounds more like someone with a few bats in the belfry. (嗳, 我并不是个精神病医生, 但对我来说, 以上的形容听起来好像某人做出疯疯癫癫行为)

09. batten down the hatches, to
定义: 事先预备, 防患未然, 严阵以待; 准备应付将要来的麻烦, 灾难或紧急问题.
例句: As the economy grows worse, investors need to batten down the hatches and prepare for tough times ahead. (正当经济越来越恶化, 投资人需要防患未然, 准备应付将要来到的艰苦岁月)

10. batten down, to
定义: 事先预备, 防患未然, 严阵以待; 绑好, 盖好, 关好以防止移动或受损.
例句: We were able to batten down the house just before the storm hit. (就在风暴侵袭之前, 我们还好能够把房子事先做了预防工作)

11. batten on, to
定义: 噬人而肥; 靠牺牲别人而富; 靠损失别人利率而发迹.
例句: It's the modern version of the medieval priesthood, they are battening on the poor, the impressionable and the ill-educated. (这是一个现代版的中世纪僧侣制度, 他们靠着剥削穷苦的, 可欺的, 没受教育的人们而富有)

12. battered child syndrome, the
定义: 受虐儿童综合症.
例句: The readers become familiar with the long term effects of battered child syndrome as they see them played out in the generations of the author's family. (当他们见证到了作者家族几代以来所发生的事情, 这些读者对受虐儿童综合症的长期恶性影响逐渐熟悉)

13. battered wife syndrome, the
定义: 被虐妇女综合症.
例句: Based on the evidence that the defendant exhibited battered wife syndrome, that she believed she could not escape her husband nor expect help from others, she had to kill him. (根据被告所展示的被虐妇女综合症证据, 她相信她没法逃避她丈夫, 也不指望别人帮助, 她必须杀了他)

14. battery of tests, a
定义: 一系列的测试.
例句: She was subjected to a battery of tests to find out what was wrong with her. (她进行了一系列的测试来找出她的问题)

15. battle cry, a
定义: 战士的怒吼, 战斗口号.
例句: This expression should become the battle cry of all Americans fed up with Washington politicians who arrogantly refuse to listen to the wishes of those who elected them to office. (这个语句应该成为对华盛顿政客不满的美国人的战斗口号, 这些政客傲慢地拒绝倾听那些让他们当选的选民心声)

16. battle of epic proportions, a
定义: 史诗般壮观的战斗.
例句: But the necropolis's vast underground network is already mobilizing for a battle of epic proportions against a powerful death cult. (但是古墓广大地下组织以已经在动员准备对抗死亡邪教的一个史诗般壮观战斗)

17. battle of nerves, a
定义: 胆识战, 恐吓战. (注: 不费行动以胆量恐吓以屈服对方的斗争)
例句: This has become a battle of nerves with neither side seeming willing to back down. (这已变成了一个胆识战而双方似乎都不愿意退让)

18. battle of the sexes, the
定义: 两性之间的斗争或争权.
例句: Australia's election campaign has become a battle of the sexes – with talking points about the country's first female prime minister's marital status, lack of children and hairstyles. (澳洲选战已经变成了两性之间的斗争—以国家第一任女性首相的婚姻状况, 没有子女和发型作为谈话主题)

19. battle of the titans, a
定义: 两个巨人的争霸战.
例句: The golf equipment industry has always found a way to reinvigorate its products; how it will do so when the smoke has cleared from this battle of the titans, will be a big story. (高尔夫球器材工业一直有办法再振新其产品; 当这两个巨人争霸战尘埃落定时, 它如何做达成此目标将是一件大新闻)

20. battle of wits, a
定义: 斗智.
例句: It appears that the battle of wits between the two negotiating teams is set to continue for some time. (看来这场两个谈判团队的斗智较劲还要持续一段时间)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 51 访客