royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 87

帖子 royl » 周四 4月 07, 2011 1:54 pm

二十笔实用成语 87

01. be cooking
定义: 表现精彩, 情况不错.
例句: That's it! Now you're cooking! (就是这样! 你做得很漂亮!)

02. Be cool!
[成语句型]保持冷静! 保持自制!

03. be it as it may
定义: 即使如此, 尽管那样(我也不会改变初衷或想法).
例句: There has been some improvement in the economy in recent months, but, be it as it may, many people are still looking for work. (近几个月来, 经济已经有一些改善, 但即使如此, 还有许多人在找工作)

04. be long
定义: 要许多时间. (注: 经常使用在否定语气, 请参考won't be long, can't be much longer)
例句: I figured it wouldn't be long until someone would open their mouth to substantiate my argument. (我估计没多久就会有人开口证实我的论点)

05. Be my guest!
[成语句型]别客气, 请用! 请便!

06. Be nice!
[成语句型]客气点! 温柔点!

07. be off, to
定义: 离开, 开走, 开跑.
例句: It's hard to believe that I am off to Oregon in less than two weeks. As I gather my supplies, I continue my countdown until my departure. (真不敢相信我在两星期内就要去奥立冈州. 当我收拾旅途要用的东西时, 我会继续我的倒数计时直到我离开为止)

08. Be quiet!
[成语句型]别吵! 安静!

09. Be seeing you!
[成语句型]再见!

10. Be still, my beating heart.
[成语句型]别激动! (注: 意指看到心爱的人心脏狂跳不止, 要自己心情别太激动)

11. be sure, to
定义: 确实地.
例句: To be sure, it would be better for you to talk to the president of the company in person. (确实地, 你应该当面跟公司总裁好好地谈谈)

12. be that as it may
定义: 即使如此, 尽管那样(我也不会改变初衷或想法).
例句: Be that as it may, this music, though containing some striking if parodistic ideas, is rather inconsequential on the stage. (即使如此, 这款音乐, 虽然给人带来一些惊人的尽管是讽刺模仿性的感觉,它在舞台上其实是无足轻重的)

13. be there for someone, to
定义: 患难来相助, 雪中送炭.
例句: Look, I had already told Kelly that I'll be there for her no matter what happens and I mean it! (你听我说, 我已经告诉凯莉不管发生什么事情我都会前来相助, 我是说真的!)

14. Be there or be square.
[成语句型]不见不散. (注: 意指到时不来你就不够意思)

15. Be there!
[成语句型]届时一定要到!

16. Be upfront!
[成语句型]要直率! 坦白!

17. Be yourself!
[成语句型]表现自然! 表现正常!

18. be/get on someone's bad side, to
定义: 惹某人生气或厌恶.
例句: My brother isn't violent at all, and I know he loves his girlfriend but he has a temper and I'd hate to be on his bad side. (我兄弟根本不是个暴力的人, 我知道他爱他的女朋友但他的脾气暴躁, 我也不愿意惹他生气)

19. be/get on someone's good side, to
定义: 博取某人的好感, 同意或支持.
例句: If you have a teacher who hates his job, you can get on his good side by appealing to him on a personal level. (如果你碰到一个不喜欢自己工作的老师的话, 你可以诉诸私人交情的层面来博取他的好感)

20. beached whale, a
定义: 搁浅在沙滩的鲸鱼; [俚语](不尊敬语)肥胖的人.
例句: She should be in Alaska lying on an iceberg because she's a beached whale. I wondered how she would ever get back up after lying down. (她应该到阿拉斯加躺在冰山上面因为她是个胖女人. 我很想知道她躺下去之后怎么还爬得起来)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 58 访客