royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 89

帖子 royl » 周日 4月 10, 2011 1:15 pm

二十笔实用成语 89

01. bear oneself well, to
定义: 言行举止表现适当.
例句: Giselle bears herself well, walking with posture that speaks volumes of her confidence and ego. (姬色尔言行举止表现适当, 她走路的姿态充分显示出她的信心和自尊)

02. bear out, to
定义: 确认, 证实.
例句: The facts bore out her story. (这些事实证实了她所说的话是真的)

03. bear something in mind, to
定义: 谨记在心, 将某件事放在心上.
例句: So, please bear that in mind. If you need qualified consultation or legal advice, please contact a licensed criminal attorney or local Sheriff's office. (所以, 请你把这件事记在心上. 如果你需要合格的​​咨询或法律顾问, 请你联络一位有执照的刑事律师或当地的行政司法官)

04. bear the brunt of, to
定义: 首当其冲, 深受其害, 付出代价.
例句: When we got in trouble, Edward bore the brunt of the blame. (当我们惹上麻烦的时候, 爱德华总是首当其冲受到责怪)

05. bear the name of ..., to
定义: 以...名称或身份.
例句: The bridge that links Manhattan to New Jersey bears the name of a former president, George Washington. (连接曼哈顿和新泽西的这座桥是以前总统华盛顿作为名称)

06. bear up, to
定义: 支撑下去, 振作起来; 支持, 鼓励; 鼓起勇气, 决心, 力量.
例句: She's been going through a tough time, but she's bearing up pretty well. (她经历了一段艰苦的时期, 但她表现得很坚强)

07. bear watching, to
定义: 值得一看, 相当有前途; 值得注意, 不可信任.
例句: Yes, there is a storm out there and while soon-to-be Hurricane Dean poses no immediate threat to Belize, it certainly bears watching. (对的, 那里有一个风暴, 当这个即将成为名为迪恩的台风并不会造成对贝利兹立即的威胁, 但它值得注意)

08. Bear with me.
[成语句型]请多包涵, 有些耐心. (注: 多为要求对方有耐心的听你的解释或意见)

09. bear with, to
定义: 容忍, 有耐心于.
例句: He continuously told the audience to bear with him. He was apologetic to his fans, some of which applauded him while the others booed him off. (他不断地告诉他的观众对他保持耐心. 他向他的爱好者道歉, 有些观众鼓掌鼓励他但也有些观众喝倒采想赶他下台)

10. bear witness, to
定义: 作证, 证明.
例句: Rising ticket sales bear witness to the band's popularity. (增长的门票销售量证明了这个乐团的受欢迎程度)

11. beard the lion in his own den, to
定义: 身入虎穴. (注: 在一个强势危险对手的地盘内与其对抗)
例句: Again, he beards the lion in his own den; he enters the very citadel of science, and from there brings forth the weapons which lay the enemy low. (再一次, 他身入虎穴; 他进入了科学的城堡,从那儿他展示了武器, 降服他的敌人)

12. beast of burden, a
定义: 驮重, 拉车, 犁田的牲口.
例句: Teachers, chaperones, or other students are not your beast of burden and will not be used as such. If you leave items on the bus you do so at your own risk. (老师, 监护人, 或其他学生不是替你们驮重的牲口, 也不会被你们当牲口使用. 如果你们把东西留在校车里, 你们自行负责)

13. beat a dead horse, to
定义: 重提一个没意义的议题, 炒冷饭, 白费口舌.
例句: They won't refund your money. You're beating a dead horse. (他们不会退你钱. 你在白费口舌)

14. beat a devil's tattoo, to
定义: 不耐烦或深思时以手指或脚点击敲打桌面或地面.
例句: She was beating a devil's tattoo with her slender feet on the ground impatiently while waiting for her car to be serviced. (正在等待她的车子被修理的时候, 她拿她的细长脚不耐烦地跺击地面)

15. beat a hasty retreat, to
定义: 逃之夭夭, 溜之大吉, 仓促撤退或逃离.
例句: When the boys heard the siren they beat a hasty retreat. (当这些男孩子一听到警笛声他们就溜之大吉)

16. beat a path to someone's door, to
定义: 很急切跟某人见面或做生意.
例句: Early on, like many entrepreneurs, I believed that if I worked hard and delivered a great product, then people would beat a path to my door. (在初期, 跟许多企业家一样, 我曾相信如果我努力地工作和提供令人满意的产品, 那么人们就就会急切地跟我做生意. 注: 意指他现在的想法已经不一样了)

17. beat a path, to
定义: 开辟路径.
例句: They beat a path through the woods to the stream. (他们开辟了一条穿过树林通往那条小河的路径)

18. beat a retreat, to
定义: 逃之夭夭, 溜之大吉, 仓促撤退或逃离.
例句: A group of teenagers was causing trouble, but they beat a hasty retreat when the cops arrived. (一群青少年正在惹事生非, 但他们一见到警察来了就逃之夭夭. 注: 这里的cops是一群警察或条子的俚语)

19. beat about the bush, to
定义: 兜圈子地讲话, 拐弯抹角. (注: 意指不有话直说)
例句: Stop beating about the bush and tell me why you're here. (别再兜圈子地讲话, 告诉我你为什么来这里)

20. beat all, to
定义: 令人吃惊的, 赞叹的, 激赏的. (注: 常用于否定语气; If it doesn't beat all这是我所见到的最好的, 坏的, 大的, 等等)
例句: Well, doesn't that beat all! Following a near-record hot year, a hard frost has shut down the growing season everywhere in the Okanagan Valley! (哎, 真教人吃惊呀! 紧接着一个接近破记录炎热的一年, 一个寒霜让奥肯那根山谷地区的种植期间停产!)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 67 访客