请网友踊跃提出英语文问题, 或自己学习心得
回复
royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十筆實用成語 93

帖子 royl » 周二 4月 19, 2011 4:16 pm

二十筆實用成語 93

01. beautiful as it possibly can be, be (as)
定義: 美極了, 極為燦爛.
例句: I am in control of my life and it is up to me to make sure that my future is as beautiful as it possibly can be. (我掌握我自己的生命, 一切在我來確保我自己極為燦爛的未來)

02. beautiful as the day is long, be (as)
定義: 美極了, 極為燦爛.
例句: My wife asked, "How do I look?" I said, "You're as beautiful as the day is long." One hefty slap later I realized I shouldn't have added, "if you live in the north pole during the winter." (我太太問, "好看嗎?" 我說, "美極了." 挨了一大巴掌之後我才明白我不該加下句話, "假如妳在冬天時住在北極的話.")

03. beauty part, the
定義: 最好的一點, 最有利之處, 最可取的地方.
例句: Often a girl can do well in the beauty part of the competition, but when it comes to talking to the press or on stage she has trouble expressing her thoughts. (平時一個女孩在競爭的最有利處可以做得很好, 但涉及到新聞記者訪談中或在台上演說時, 她就難以表達她的想法)

04. beauty spot/beauty mark, a
定義: 美人痣; 風景區.
例句: I bought this years ago when it was on sale as I was obsessed with having a beauty spot on my upper lip. (幾年前, 當這個假美人痣減價時我買了它, 因為我很著迷在我上唇上貼個美人痣)

05. beaver away at, to
定義: 苦幹, 努力辛勤的做.
例句: Nowadays, many university students are beavering away at funding money to pay their tuition fee. (現在, 許多大學生苦幹賺錢來支付他們的學費)

06. Because it's the law.
[成語句型]因為這就是法律的規定. (注: 意指由於此事是法律的規定, 沒有什麼可以爭論的)

07. because of
定義: 由於, 因為是. (注: 介詞片語because of後面要加名詞, 代名詞, 名詞片語, 名詞子句)
例句: Our outdoor education might lose funding because of budget cuts. (由於預算縮減, 我們戶外教育可能會失去經費)

08. Because the alternative is unthinkable.
[成語句型]因為另一個選擇是令人不能接受的/不敢想像的.

09. Because the level of discourse has sunk.
[成語句型]因為談話的水準已經下降.

10. Because those who support you have no one else to turn to.
[成語句型]因為支持你的人找不到別的人可以支持.

11. Because we're at war!
[成語句型]因為我們在戰時!

12. become a legend in one's own lifetime, to
定義: 仍在世的英雄/傳奇人物.
例句: Bob Hope, the master entertainer who has become a legend in his own lifetime, is a native of England, a national monument in the United States and a citizen of the world. (鮑伯.荷普, 這位演藝大師成為當時仍在世的傳奇人物, 是一位出生於英格蘭, 美國國寶, 以及世界公民)

13. become a legend in one's own lunchtime, to
定義: 成為圈內人或知情者眼中的英雄/傳奇人物.
例句: He cultivated the image of being a tough guy, and was happy becoming a legend in his own lunchtime. (他豎立一個硬漢的印象, 並且樂於成為圈內人眼中的英雄)

14. become a squalid place, to
定義: 變成一個貧民窟, 成為一個骯髒, 低俗, 不道德的地方.
例句: The forum has become a squalid place of stale conversations and bickering when someone new comes around. (這個論壇已經成為一個陳腐聊天和跟新加入者爭吵的低俗地方)

15. become an item, to
定義: 成為一個一對新戀人的談論對象.
例句: So looks like Justin and Olivia are becoming an item. Word is the couple got very gropy during a night out on the town. (看樣子賈斯丁和奧麗維亞成為一對新戀人的談論對象. 據聞這對戀人在晚上夜遊尋歡時不停地互相愛撫)

16. become an ongoing situation, to
定義: 成為了一個持續的情況.
例句: To prevent this from becoming an ongoing situation, the Bank was then forced to align its interest rates with those applicable in the rest of the world. (為了防止這件事成為一個持續的情況, 這家銀行在此時被迫把利率調整跟世界其他同性質的銀行利率一樣)

17. become clear, to
定義: 豁然開朗, 清楚讓人領悟.
例句: What becomes clear through these essays is that very little if anything at all can be said about nationalism in general. (從這些論文中可以讓人清楚地瞭解, 大體上極少的論述可以被視為跟民族主義有關)

18. become extremely concerned, to
定義: 變為極度關切.
例句: He becomes extremely concerned about overexertion and gives up playing cricket with his grandson. (他極度關切體力透支的問題, 因此他不再跟他的孫兒打板球)

19. become of, to
定義: 發生, 結果, 變成了, 怎麼啦.
例句: What became of Kyle after he moved? How's he doing? (凱爾搬家之後怎麼啦? 他情況怎樣?)

20. become you, to
定義: 適合你, (衣著)很搭配你, (環境)對你很適當.
例句: That perfume becomes you. It smells good on you. (這個香水很搭配你. 擦在你身上聞起來很香)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 66 访客