二十笔实用成语 96

帖子 royl » 周六 4月 23, 2011 8:36 pm

二十笔实用成语 96

01. beg your pardon, to
定义: [委婉语]请你再说一遍, 请不要觉得冒犯你.
例句: I beg your pardon? (抱歉, 请你再说一遍好吗?)

02. beg, borrow, or steal, to
定义: 不计任何手段去(取得).
例句: I would beg, borrow, or steal to get that new product. (我会使出一切手段得到这个新产品)

03. beggar belief, to
定义: 难以置信.
例句: It almost beggars belief that anyone can be so cruel. (如此残​​酷的人几乎让人难以置信啊)

04. beggar description, to
定义: 非言语或笔墨能形容.
例句: The plot is so complex that it beggars description. (这个剧情如此曲折离奇简直非笔墨能形容)

05. Beggars can't be choosers.
定义: 受惠于人者不可挑三捡四, 要别人帮忙的人不能挑剔.
例句: When they complained about the shabby coats, he said, "Beggars can't be choosers." (当他们抱怨这些破旧大衣时, 他说, "受惠于人者不可挑三捡四.")

06. beggar-thy-neighbor, be
定义: 损人利己的.
例句: There are some who argue that this kind of beggar-thy-neighbor policy could be a blessing in disguise, because it might amount to massive monetary easing. (有些人辩护说, 这种损人利己的政策可能因祸得福, 因为它可能造成大量银根放松)

07. begin protecting what is ours, to
定义: 开始来保护我们的财产.
例句: We have to begin protecting what is ours with proper measures and this goes for computers as well as our house. (我们必须要拿出适当措施开始来保护我们的财产, 这也适用在电脑跟我们房产上)

08. begin to see daylight, to
定义: 豁然开朗, 开始明白, 一件工作即将完成, 成功在即.
例句: I've been working on my thesis for two years, and at last I'm beginning to see daylight. (我的论文已经做了两年, 我终于快要做完了)

09. begin to see someone for what he truly is, to
定义: 开始看清某人的真面目.
例句: I can only hope with his latest stunt, people begin to see him for what he truly is: a bigot, a xenophobe, and ignorant. (我只能希望从他这个引人注意的花招让大家开始看清他的真面目: 一个心地狭窄的人, 仇外者, 愚昧无知的人)

10. begin to see the light, to
定义: 豁然开朗, 开始明白某事.
例句: Now I see the light. I understand. You multiply first then divide. (我现在开始明白了. 我了解. 你要先乘再除)

11. beginner's luck, the
定义: 新手的好运气, 狗屎运.
例句: I believe in beginner's luck when it comes to games of chance. I have tried playing some games for the first time and won big time. (谈到碰运气的赌博, 我相信新手好运气这回事. 我曾经试过第一次玩某​​个赌博, 我赢了不少钱)

12. beginning of the end, the
定义: 开始走下坡, 开始步入灭亡, 灾难或死亡; 终将被废除, 结束.
例句: This seems to me the beginning of the end of coal-fired electric power generation in Salem. (在我看来, 色冷市的燃煤发电终将被废除)

13. behind bars, be
定义: 坐牢, 受监禁, 入狱.
例句: Two suspects believed to be responsible for up to 150 home burglaries in the Montrose area were behind bars Wednesday. ​​(被认为在蒙特罗斯地区涉嫌多达一百五十件入屋盗窃案的两个嫌犯于星期三被收押)

14. behind closed doors
定义: 秘密, 私底下, 秘而不宣.
例句: A jailed American journalist charged with espionage stood trial behind closed doors and a verdict is expected within weeks. (一位被监禁的美国记者以从事间谍活动被起诉, 他在闭门法庭接受审讯并会在几个星期内得到判决)

15. behind enemy lines
定义: 在敌后.
例句: They fought behind enemy lines to sabotage or harass the enemy in any way possible. (他们在敌后作战, 尽力地进行破坏或骚扰敌人)

16. behind in, be
定义: 拖欠, 无法及时付款, 耽误, 进度延后.
例句: Average Canadian family debt has hit $100000 and about 17400 households were behind in their mortgage payments in fall 2010. (一般加拿大家庭的负债高达十万元, 在二零一零年秋季, 大约一万七千四百户家庭无法及时付出他们每月的房贷付款)

17. behind on, be
定义: 拖欠, 无法及时付款, 耽误, 进度延后.
例句: More than 280,000 Texans were behind on payments at the end of 2010, and more than 58,000 home loans in the state went into foreclosure in the fourth quarter. (二零一零年底, 超过二十八万德州人拖欠付款,第四季, 州内超过五万八千房屋贷款于进入没收拍卖程序)

18. behind schedule
定义: 比预定时间落后, 延迟.
例句: The project is behind schedule because several people are off sick. (由于几个人挂病号, 这个工作项目比预定时间落后)

19. behind someone's back
定义: 在别人背后, 秘密地.
例句: He doesn't like people who talk behind his back. (他不喜欢别人在他背后议论他)

20. behind the curve
定义: 落后; 表现差劲; 考试分数低.
例句: I was behind the curve when I took that test. I'll probably get a low grade. (在那场考试时我表现差劲. 我肯定会拿低分)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 69 访客