royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 99

帖子 royl » 周四 4月 28, 2011 4:49 pm

二十笔实用成语 99

01. belt down, to
定义: 冲向前去; 一饮而尽, 一口喝下.
例句: She greeted me, belting down a shot of bourbon and chasing it with a beer, the way a person does whose objective is to get seriously drunk. (她跟我打招呼之后就一口喝下波本威士忌然后再追喝啤酒, 这是一个想要烂醉的人所做的事)

02. belt of gin, a
定义: 喝口杜松子酒.
例句: He swigged down a second belt of gin and then turned his eyes in my direction, acknowledging my presence for the first time. (他把第二口杜松子酒一饮而尽之后才往我这边看, 第一次承认我的存在)

03. belt out, to
定义: 嘹亮地歌唱, 大声疾呼.
例句: Keyes has belted out speeches warning about the need to rebuild the nation's moral fiber. (基斯在演说中大声疾呼地强调有关重建这个国家的道德品格的需要)

04. belt up, to
定义: 闭口不言, 拒绝或停止说话; (汽车里)绑上安全带.
例句: I should belt you up for saying that my sister looks like a dog. (我应该要你闭口因为你说我姊姊长得像条狗)

05. belt-tightening
定义: 节樽支出, 缩紧腰带.
例句: As it had previously announced, BAE Systems will be laying off roughly 125 people in southern New Hampshire as part of a belt-tightening plan. (就像它早前所宣布一样, 英国航空航天系统公司将要在南新罕不什尔裁员大约一百二十五人做为节樽支出计划的一部分)

06. bench press, the
定义: [举重术语]躺平推举.
例句: Many bodybuilders try really hard to get their strength up on the bench press, and some of them do it right, but many of them do it incorrectly. (许多健身者在躺平推举练习时确实努力想增强他们的膂力, 有些人使用正确方法, 但有许多人做法不正确)

07. bench seat, a
定义: [汽车术语]车厢内的平宽式的座椅可坐多人. (注: 相对的是bucket seat即一座只能坐一人)
例句: The main reason why many owners purchase Mossy Oak seat covers is to protect their truck's original upholstery from dirt and accidental spills. (许多车主购买摩西奥克汽车椅套主要是为了保护他们原厂卡车长条椅垫不被泥土和意外溅出液体弄脏)

08. benchwarmer, a
定义: 后备球员或运动员.
例句: A former benchwarmer from the NBA returns to his ragtag team in the American Ba​​sketball Association in an attempt to lead them to the big leagues. (一个已离开的美国篮球联盟后备球员回到他过去的美国篮球协会的一支乌合之众球队, 他力图要带领他们打进大联盟)

09. bend but not break, to
定义: 能曲不折; 能曲解但不能违反某个法规.
例句: Flexibility relates to the joints' ability to bend, but not break. All joints have a safe, operative range of motion that allows the body to move efficiently. (关节的灵活性跟能曲不折的能力有关. 所有的关节都具有一个安全有效的活动范围可以让肢体轻松活动)

10. bend double, to
定义: [主要在英国]从中间弯折, 弯腰.
例句: I wake up to my girlfriend breathing heavily and bent double in pain. I ask her if she's ok and how she's feeling. (我察觉到我的女友呼吸沉重和弯腰时痛苦. 我问她还好吗, 感觉怎样)

11. bend one's elbow, to
定义: 饮酒.
例句: Your eyes look red and tired. Bend your elbow last night? (你的眼睛充血看起来疲倦. 你昨晚是不是​​去喝酒了?)

12. bend oneself to something, to
定义: 专心致力于某事, 埋头苦干某事.
例句: He has bent himself to the task of making the company more efficient and profitable. (他一直专心致力于公司经营更有效率, 更赚钱的任务)

13. bend over backward/backwards, to
定义: 息事宁人, 尽全力让步妥协.
例句: I've bent over backward to please you—and you haven't even said thank you! (我已经尽量息事宁​​人—你到现在为止连一句感谢的话都不说一声!)

14. bend someone's ear, to
定义: 与人长谈.
例句: Carl, can I bend your ear for a minute? I have some news for you. (卡尔, 我能跟你谈一分钟话吗? 我有消息要告诉你)

15. bend the facts, to
定义: 扭曲事实, 企图误导他人.
例句: That way you won't be accused of bending the facts. You've brought yourself into the public forum - and need to be held accountable. (那样你就不会被人指控扭曲事实. 你把你自己带到公开论坛之前—你要对你自己的话负责)

16. bend the rules, to
定义: 网开一面, 通融.
例句: She's not really quite old enough to be admitted as a member, but she's very close, so I think we can bend the rules a little in her case and let her in now. (她其实还不到可以成为会员的年龄, 但她很接近, 所以以她的情形来看, 我认为我们可以通融一点, 让她成为会员)

17. bend the truth, to
定义: 扭曲事实. (注: 意指事实被扭曲, 有误导之嫌, 但并不严重到认定为谎言)
例句: When he tells people he's from Manhattan he's bending the truth a little since he really grew up in Brooklyn. (当他告诉大家他出身于曼哈坦他有点误导之嫌因为他其实在布鲁克林长大的)

18. bend to one's work, to
定义: 埋头苦干.
例句: Miss Pen bends to her work, reading tensely through her horn-rimmed glasses, her eyes only a few inches from the music and her thin arms akimbo as her fingers pounded. (潘小姐埋头苦干, 聚精会神地从她角质框眼镜阅读, 她的眼睛离乐谱只有几吋之遥, 纤细的手臂张开当她手指敲击着琴键)

19. bend to the will of someone, to
定义: 屈服在某人的强烈意志下.
例句: There is, as yet, no clear sign of Iran bending to the will of the international community and backing away from its nuclear aspirations. (伊朗还没有明确地显示出屈服在国际社会意志下和撤销它对核子发展渴望的征兆)

20. bend under pressure, to
定义: 在压力下屈服.
例句: She refused to bend under pressure to change her decision. (她拒绝屈服在压力下改变她的决定)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: Google [Bot] 和 51 访客