royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 100

帖子 royl » 周日 5月 01, 2011 2:55 pm

二十笔实用成语 100

01. bend your strength/energy/efforts/minds to/toward something, to
定义: 专心致力于某事, 埋头苦干某事.
例句: They bent their minds to the problem. (他们埋头苦思如何解决这个问题)

02. bender of a night, a
定义: 一夜狂欢, 狂饮.
例句: And you would think showering after one particular bender of a night would solve all of life's hangover problems. And you would be wrong. (你以为在某一夜狂饮之后冲个澡就可以解决你一辈子的宿醉问题. 你错了)

03. beneath contempt, be
定义: 令人不齿, 不屑一顾, 极为可鄙.
例句: They have obtained more orders than most from a judiciary that is beneath contempt and in a country where the rule of law has completely broken down. (他们比别人取得更多司法命令, 对一个法治完全败坏国家来说这是极为可鄙的)

04. beneath one's dignity
定义: 有损尊严, 有失身份, 不屑一顾.
例句: That kind of thing is beneath my dignity, and I hope yours as well. (我对这种事情不屑一顾, 我希望对你也是一样)

05. benefit of the doubt, the
定义: (证据不全情形下)权且相信; [法律术语]无罪推定原则. (注: 意指在某人犯罪事实未经证实之前认定某人是无罪的原则)
例句: He might be lying, but we have to give him the benefit of the doubt and accept what he says for now. (他也许说谎, 但我们必须要权且相信他, 暂时接受他所说的话)

06. Benjamin of the family, the
定义: 家中年纪最小的孩子.
例句: Young Sam was the Benjamin of the family, the favorite of his father and a precocious boy from the very start. (年轻山姆是家中年纪最小的孩子, 他父亲最喜欢的小孩, 他从小就早熟)

07. bent on, be
定义: 执意的, 坚决的.
例句: The doctors are bent on finding a cure. (这些医生坚决要找出治愈方法)

08. bent out of shape, get
定义: 气坏了, 惹火了, 震惊.
例句: Don't get all bent out of shape. Nothing bad happened! (别气坏了. 什么坏事都没发生!)

09. bent upon
定义: 执意的, 坚决的, 专门.
例句: I don't know why Alex would even bother to respond some insignificant program who is bent on making fun of people. (我不知道为什么阿列克斯还费力气回应这种无聊的专门整人节目)

10. bereave someone of something, to
定义: 剥夺, 夺走.
例句: Thus, plagiarizing very much means that you bereave someone of an income. (因此, 抄袭几乎等同剥夺别人的收入)

11. besetting sin, a
定义: 劣习, 惯犯的过失或软弱.
例句: Addiction is besetting sin, this is sin that causes us to fall again and again. (对某事或物上瘾是个劣习, 而这个劣习使我们一再堕落沉沦)

12. beside oneself, be
定义: 身不由己/禁不住地兴奋, 忿怒, 激动, 失常, 若狂的.
例句: He was beside himself after hearing the bad news. (他听了坏消息之后勃然大怒)

13. beside the point, be
定义: 不相关的, 与主题无关的, 离题的.
例句: No one knows what we did, but that's beside the point. What we did was wrong. (没人知到我们做了什么, 但这不是重点. 我们所做的是错的)

14. beside vs. besides
[易混淆字或片语]beside主要意义是在...之旁; besides主要意义是除此之外.

15. Besides
定义: 并且, 又, 不但, 此外, 加上, 除此之外, 另外.
例句: The play is excellent, and besides, the tickets don't cost much. (这个表演极为出色, 而且票价很便宜)

16. best bet, my/one's
定义: (依现况考虑)最好的选择.
例句: I think your best bet is to stay in school long enough that you will recognize the deficiencies of your knowledge. (我认为你最好的选择是好好学习一段时间之后你就会发现你多么缺乏知识)

17. best bib and tucker, one's
定义: 拥有的最好的正式服装.
例句: We were all dressed in our best bib and tucker for my aunt's wedding. (我们都盛装出席我阿姨的婚礼)

18. best buy, a
定义: 最划算, 最省钱, 最物美价廉的购买.
例句: If you are going to make a peach cobbler, I would say sliced​​ peaches or canned "broken pieces" may be your best buy for the cobbler. (如果你要做一个蜜桃馅饼的话, 我认为切片桃子或罐装"碎桃"是你做这馅饼最划算的购买)

19. best efforts
定义: (尽)最大努力.
例句: Despite my best efforts, I have never gotten along with my family. (尽管我做了最大努力, 我还是一直没法跟我的家庭和睦相处)

20. best friend, one's
定义: 最亲密的好友.
例句: Everyone instantly wants to be her best friend, the second they meet her. (当他们一遇到她, 每个人马上都想做她的最亲密好友)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: Google [Bot] 和 56 访客