royl
帖子: 1767
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 101

帖子 royl » 周日 5月 15, 2011 10:56 pm

二十笔实用成语 101

01. best kept secret, the
定义: 最严密保守的秘密.
例句: For me, the best kept secret by the military will be something that none of us can eventually have a chance to know what it is or it will not be the best kept secret. (对我来说, 这个军方严密保守的机密最终将成为我们无人知道是何等的事或物, 否则这就不是一个严密保守的机密)

02. best known for ..., be
定义: 以...极为出名, 以...闻名世界.
例句: Madame Curie is best known for her work done on radioactivity, which led to the discovery of polonium and radium. (居里夫人以她的放射性工作闻名世界, 也导致了钋和镭的发现)

03. best laid plans, the
定义: 设想最周全的计划.
例句: Sometimes things work, and other times even the best-laid plans go awry. (有时候事情发展顺利, 其他时候连设想最周全的计划也会出岔子)

04. best man, the
定义: 伴郎; 最适当的人, 最佳人选.
例句: David, you were right all along, you were the right man for this job; actually, you're the best man for this job. (大卫你一直是正确的, 你是这个工作的适当人选; 其实,你是这个工作的最佳人选)

05. best move, the
定义: 绝妙一着棋, 最高明一招, 最漂亮的行动.
例句: Perhaps his best move was purchasing Pixar from filmmaker George Lucas for $10 million. Later, he sold the company to Disney for $7.4 billion in stock. (也许他最漂亮的一招是跟电影制作人乔治卢卡斯以一千万元买下皮克斯动画公司. 后来他以七十四亿元把这家公司卖给迪斯尼)

06. best of a bad bunch, the
定义: 短的里的长的, 坏的一群里面算好的.
例句: Japan is all plagued by soaring government debt, the dollar's resilience reflects a rea​​lization that it's simply the best of a bad bunch. (日本极为受到猛增的政府债务烦扰, 美元的抗压性令人了解到它只是一个坏的一群里面算好的选择)

07. best of a bad lot, the
定义: 短的里的长的, 坏的一群里面算好的.
例句: This picture isn't exactly what I would have chosen, but it was the best of a bad lot. (这张照片并不是我所想要选择的, 但它是坏的一群里面算好的照片)

08. best of all
定义: 最好的是. (注: 意指除了上述的好处之外, 最好的是如何如何)
例句: The machine is easy to use, easy to clean, and best of all, it's absolutely free when you order these books. (这部机器容易使用, 容易清理, 最好的是, 如果你订购这些书籍的话, 这部机器是完全免费的)

09. best of friends, the
定义: 最亲密好友.
例句: They were my best of friends; we growing up together and remained so ever since. (他们是我最亲密好友, 我们一起长大并且一直维持如此亲密关系)

10. Best of luck!
[成语句型]祝你顺利成功!

11. best of the best, the
定义: 人间极品, 最卓越的.
例句: I guess you have never been to our Cellular Park in Chicago; it is the best of the best for food. (我估计你从没来过我们芝加哥的赛流乐公园; 它那里的食物是人间极品)

12. best of the bunch, the
定义: 菁华, 精粹, 精品.
例句: Well, it wasn't easy picking from the more than 170 entries, but here are the ten entries I thought were the best of the bunch. (从这些一百七十个参赛品中评选出赢家实在不容易,但我认为这里的十个参赛品是精品)

13. best of the lot, the
定义: 一群菁英.
例句: The world is bursting with good young violinists, and one of the best of the lot is Vengerov. (这个世界充满了优秀的年青小提琴手, 文格诺夫是这群菁英之一)

14. best served/eaten/enjoyed cold, be
定义: (建议某个食物)在冷的时候最好吃.
例句: Salad is best served cold, but fruit is sweeter if served at room temperature. (沙拉在冷的时候最好吃, 但水果在室温的时候吃更甜)

15. Best wishes!
[祝福语]祝你好运!

16. best/better/greater part of ..., the
定义: 几乎所有的..., 大部分的...
例句: The dentist was late; I waited for the best part of an hour. (这位牙医迟到了; 我几乎等了一个钟头)

17. best-case
定义: 最佳可能发生的.
例句: The term best-case performance is used in computer science to describe the way an algorithm behaves under optimal conditions. (这个最佳可能运算的专用语是用在计算机科学上来描述计算程序在最理想的情况下的工作方式)

18. best-case scenario, a
定义: 最好地可能发生的设想状况.
例句: In the best-case scenario, we're all dead eventually—but then that's true of the worst-case scenario also. (在最好地可能发生的设想状况之下, 我们最终都死亡—但在那个时候, 最糟地可能发生的设想状况也是如此. 注: 所以这两个设想状况都没差别)

19. bet against ..., to
定义: 不看好..., 对...没信心, 不信任..., 不认为...会成功.
例句: I wouldn't bet against him winning the championship this year. (我不会不看好他赢得今年冠军的机会. 注: 意指我认为他赢得今年冠军的机会相当大)

20. bet it all, to
定义: 孤注一掷, 倾囊押注.
例句: I'm pretty sure I'm not alone. Has anyone here actually taken the plunge and bet it all on his candidacy? (我相当肯定不止只有我一个人. 请问这里有人孤注一掷地实际投入他的竞选行列吗? )

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 34 访客