royl
帖子: 1766
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 109

帖子 royl » 周三 6月 01, 2011 12:28 pm

二十笔实用成语 109

01. big-time
定义: [副词]主要地, 大规模地, 非常地.
例句: The new show bombed big-time. (这个新节目一炮而红)

02. bigwig, a
定义: 大人物; 有名气有地位有影响力的人.
例句: My brother was a big wig at Enron before he went to jail for tax evasion. (在他因逃税入监服刑之前, 我兄弟曾经是个安然公司的大人物)

03. bike, a
定义: 脚踏车, 自行车, 机车, 摩托车. (注: bike是bicycle或motorcycle简称)
例句: My daughter has been wanting to ride her bike to school for months now, but I'm pretty out of shape so we haven't tried it ye​​t. (我女儿几个月以来一直想要骑她的脚踏车上学,但我身体太糟所以我还没尝试骑脚踏车上班)

04. biker, a
定义: 摩托车骑士; 自行车骑士.
例句: An insane biker takes his ride underneath a tractor trailer on the highway. I would love to see the look on that driver's face. (一个疯狂摩托车骑士居然在高速公路上钻进十八轮大货车的货柜底下骑行. 我真想看看当时卡车司机脸上的表情)

图片
前面拖曳的车头或引擎在美国称为tractor, 在澳洲称为prime mover, 其他英语国家称为truck.
后面被拖曳的货柜/集装箱称之为semi-trailer.

05. bilk, to
定义: 诈骗, 逃债, 赖帐, 阻挠.
例句: He bilked me. I gave him $100 for the tickets and he kept the change! (他诈骗了我. 我给他一百块的买票钱而他却把找回的钱放进自己的荷包!)

06. bill and coo, to
定义: (爱侣)谈情说爱, 亲热的亲吻, 抚摸及轻声细语.
例句: I don't know why they bother to come here if they're going to spend all their time billing and cooing? (既然他们决定要整天谈情说爱, 我不知道他们干嘛还费事来这儿?)

07. Bill me later.
[成语句型]再寄账单给我. (注: 意指先买再后付账)

08. bill of complaint, a
定义: [法律术语]起诉书, 起诉状, 控诉状.
例句: The Bill of Complaint states the vital statistics of the marriage, called the jurisdictional facts, and states the conduct which forms the grounds for the divorce to be granted. (控诉状说明了婚姻的人口统计, 也称为管辖权事实, 并说明了可以被准许的构成离婚原因的行为)

09. bill of exchange, a
定义: 国外汇票.
例句: The Italians invented the paper bill of exchange, basically a check, drawn on a banking house; therefore, the trader could give a piece of paper in return for goods. (国外汇票券是义大利人发明的, 它基本上是张支票, 可以从银行兑现; 如此贸易商可以凭一张汇票来换取货物)

10. bill of fare, a
定义: 菜单.
例句: We can accommodate groups of up to eighteen and our bill of fare includes our well-known Irish stew and our Seafood Pie. (我们可以提供多达十八位客人的餐饮, 我们的菜单包括远近驰名的爱尔兰煨羊肉跟海鲜馅饼)

11. bill of goods, a
定义: 货物清单, 货物委托; 有意误导, 诈欺, 骗局.
例句: We're being sold the same old bill of goods by the present administration. (这一届政府给我们的还是老一套欺骗)

12. bill of indictment, a
定义: [法律术语]公诉状. (注: 送交到大陪审团的检察官拟好的控诉某人重罪或行为不检由大陪审团决定起诉或斥回)
例句: The Police were offered the last chance on Thursday to produce a bill of indictment and summary of evidence on the five soldiers allegedly connected in the murder of a bank official. (有关据称涉嫌谋杀银行要员的五名军人, 星期四警方被给予最后一次机会提出对他们的公诉状以及证据摘要)

13. bill of lading, a
定义: [国际贸易术语]航运提单.
例句: As a consumer you should be aware that the Bill of Lading serves as the actual contract between you and your interstate moving company. (作为一个消费者, 你必须要知道航运提单乃是你和州际搬家公司的实际合同)

14. bill of particulars, a
定义: [法律术语]诉讼或求偿清单. (注: 仔细列出指控与索赔以及被告的反应或反告)
例句: Today, only a minority of US states, like New York, use the bill of particulars. (今天, 只有像纽约一样的少数美国州使用诉讼或求偿清单)

15. bill-me-later
定义: [形容词] (先送货品或服务)再寄帐单给客户或再付钱.
例句: This added capability offers e-commerce merchants access to the bill-me-later payment opt​​ion, one of the fastest growing online payment alternatives. (这个新增的功能给予电子业务商人们使用先买后付的付款选择, 这是一个飞速成长线上付款的另一选择)

16. Billy no-mates, a
定义: 孤独少友的人.
例句: I would much rather be a Billy no-mates than have few friends and have to constantly turn down the offer to do things together. (我宁愿成为一个孤独少友之人, 这总比有了几个朋友却不停地要拒绝跟他们一起聚会的提议还要好)

17. bimbo, a
定义: 有魅力但轻浮的人(男女皆可), 放荡轻佻的女人, 貌美却没大脑的花瓶女人.
例句: Her husband ran off with some bimbo. (他先生跟一个荡妇跑了)

18. bind over, to
定义: 要求某人做或不做某事; 具结保证出庭; 移送法办; 警告某人若再犯法就会被处罚.
例句: They bound the suspect over to the sheriff. (他们把这个嫌犯移送法办)

19. bindle stiff, a
定义: 游民, 流浪汉, 尤其带着一捆衣物游荡的人.
例句: Upon graduation from college he wandered around the country as a bindle stiff, naively believing that he was at one with the downtrodden. (大学一毕业之后, 他成了一个流浪汉游荡全国各处, 他还天真地以为他跟那些受践踏的人们溶为一体)

20. binge drinking, a
定义: 短时间内狂饮酒类.
例句: Heavy alcohol use and binge drinking could increase the risk of pancreatic cancer in men, research from UT Southwestern Medical Center suggests. (德州大学西南医学中心指出, 严重酗酒和狂饮可能会增加男性罹患胰脏癌的机会)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 9 访客