royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 112

帖子 royl » 周二 6月 07, 2011 11:28 pm

二十笔实用成语 112

01. bite the dust, to
定义: 死亡, 失败, 完蛋.
例句: I think my car has finally bitten the dust. (我估计我的车子终于翘辫子了. 注: 意指我的车子终于报废了)

02. bite the hand that feeds one, to
定义: 忘恩负义, 恩将仇报.
例句: My niece is biting the hand that feeds her as she keeps abusing the help that her parents are giving her. (由于我外甥女把她父母给她的资助胡乱使用, 她忘恩负义)

03. biting truth, a
定义: 一个尖锐及痛苦的事实.
例句: The biting truth is that not all investment advisors have a fiduciary duty to put client needs ahead of their own. (这个尖锐的事实是, 不是所有的投资里财顾问都具有以客户需要为优先的诚信责任心)

04. bits and bobs
定义: 零碎或琐碎杂物, 残渣.
例句: Can you tidy away all your bits and bobs before you go to bed? (你能不能在睡觉前把你的琐碎杂物收拾好?)

05. bits and pieces
定义: 零碎或琐碎杂物, 残渣.
例句: Jack built our cabin with bits and pieces - leftover materials (杰克利用剩下的一些零碎材料搭建了我们的小木屋)

06. bits by bits
定义: 一步接一步地, 一点一点地.
例句: I can pay some bills so as to help my mom bits by bits. I can buy some gifts for my little sisters which I know we can't really afford. (我可以付清一些账单来一点一点地帮助我妈妈. 我可以买一点礼物给我妹妹们, 我知道我们真的买不起)

07. bitten by the same bug, be
定义: 有同样的兴趣或嗜好.
例句: My wife and I were bitten by the same bug. We both collect coins. (我太太跟我有同样的嗜好. 我们都收藏钱币)

08. bitten with, be
定义: 热衷于, 着迷于, 沉迷于.
例句: By the time she was 13, she realized she had been bitten by the music bug and knew she was ready to embark on something bigger than her self. (她到十三岁的时候, 她了解到她热衷于音乐,她也知道她准备要投身于一个更宏伟的事业)

09. bitter and twisted, be
定义: 苦涩与愤愤不平的, 耿耿于怀的, 仍不能忘却过去的痛苦.
例句: As a matter of fact, if you see yourself as the victim, that is a sure way to becoming bitter and twisted. (事实上, 如果你把自己视为受害者的话, 你肯定会变成苦涩与愤愤不平的)

10. bitter end, the
定义: 极端痛苦与灾难的结局.
例句: When people have a fatal illness, it's perfectly normal to want to fight to the bitter end, and to preserve life. (当人们罹患了不治之症时, 不故一切奋斗到底以及维持生存完全是正常的)

11. bitter pill to swallow, a
定义: 不得不接受的失望或事实, 难以忍受的屈辱.
例句: When Bob lost his job after working with the same company for ten years, it was a bitter pill to swallow. (当鲍伯在同一家公司工作了十年之后丢了他的工作, 这是件难以接受的事实)

12. bittersweet success, a
定义: 苦乐掺半的成功, 甜美中带辛酸的成功.
例句: The rapid growth of the elderly population in our society, particularly those over 80 years of age, has been a bittersweet success for contemporary medicine and society. (老年人口在我们社会迅速成长, 尤其那些超过八十岁的人口,一直是个现代医药和社会苦乐掺半的成功)

13. bittersweet victory, a
定义: 苦乐掺半的胜利, 甜美中带辛酸的胜利.
例句: The day ended with a bittersweet victory for Imperial College who won the overall competition but lost once again to Imperial Medicals in the event finale. (对帝国理工学院队来说, 这一天以苦乐掺半的胜利而结束;帝国理工学院队赢得总体竞赛却再度于决赛中输给帝国医学院队)

14. blabbermouth, a
定义: 大嘴巴, 爱说东道西的人.
例句: Sharon - that blabbermouth! She told the whole class I l​​ove Bill. (雪伦这个大嘴巴! 她居然告诉全班同学我爱比尔)

15. black and white, a
定义: 印刷, 书写, 黑白(非彩色的); [俚语]警车.
例句: You may notice that when a black and white pulls someone over, they will park the police car at a angle slightly to the left of the road to make the white doors more visible. (你也许会注意到当警车要某人停靠路边接受检查时, 他们会把警车以一个角度稍微靠左停下来以便使白色车门更容易看见)

16. black as coal, be (as)
定义: 漆黑的, 黑暗的.
例句: With eyes as black as coal, he looks down in my soul. (拥有着一对漆黑的眸子, 他深视入我的灵魂)

17. black as Newgate's knocker, be (as)
定义: [英国]很黑暗, 漆黑的, 恶名昭彰的.
例句: Later, as I l​​ifted his wet and filthy body into the back of the car, I told him that he was as black as Newgate's knocker. (随后, 当我抱起他潮湿污秽的身体放在车子后座时,我告诉他, 他一身肮脏得发黑)

18. black as night, be (as)
例句: After playing in the mud all morning, the children were as black as night. (在泥浆里玩了一早晨之后, 小朋友一身肮脏得发黑)

19. black as pitch, be (as)
例句: The shutters were closely fastened for fear of ro​​bbers; his room was as black as pitch with the thick darkness. (由于对抢匪的害怕, 百叶窗被紧密关闭; 他的房间一片浓浓地漆黑)

20. black as the ace of spades, be (as)
定义: 黑皮肤的, 漆黑的.
例句: When I met both of her parents, her mom is Swedish and dad is Nigerian, black as the ace of spades. (当我遇见她的父母亲时, 她母亲是瑞典人, 父亲是奈及利亚人, 他的皮肤漆黑)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 56 访客