royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 118

帖子 royl » 周日 6月 19, 2011 12:08 pm

二十笔实用成语 118

01. bloody well
定义: [英国俚语]最好. (注: 加强语; 非常的, 极端的)
例句: I'm your father and you'll bloody well do as you're told! (我是你的老爸, 你最好照我说的话去做!)

02. bloom is off the rose, the
定义: 芳华已去. 一个曾经吸引人的...已经凋零; 失去了原来的兴奋, 乐趣或趣味.
例句: The Tech Press is full of articles suggesting the bloom is off the rose for cloud services and cloud providers are in denial about risks. (这个科技杂志有许多文章暗示云计算服务已经芳华已去, 而其服务供应商仍拒绝承认这些不利的情势)

03. bloomer, a
定义: 愚蠢的错误或过失.
例句: The politician's bloomer was shown on every network news. (这个政客的口误/过失被所有的电视新闻节目播放出来)

04. blossom into, to
定义: 成长, 繁荣; 发展成为.
例句: The idea blossomed into a huge real estate development. (这个想法最终发展成为一个庞大的房地产开发案)

05. blossom out, to
定义: 开花, 成熟, 繁荣.
例句: She blossomed out in her studies and her excellent grades showed it. (她读书的努力终于开花结果, 她出色的分数证明了它. 注: 这里的it是指读书的努力)

06. blot on one's escutcheon, a
定义: 名誉上的污点.
例句: But that isn't the subject at hand, and as far as Clinton was concerned I believe he did suffer a blot on his escutcheon, if nothing else. (但那不是现在面临的议题, 至于克林顿的问题, 我认为至少他让他的名誉蒙上污点. 注: 这里的if nothing else可以当"至少"来解释)

07. blot on the landscape, a
定义: 煞风景的碍眼地点, 人或物; 令人不悦, 有碍观瞻的事或物.
例句: That monstrosity you call a house is a blot on the landscape. You should have hired a rea​​l architect! (那个你所谓房子的庞然怪物是个煞风景的碍眼点. 你当初应该雇用一个真正的建筑设计师!)

08. blot one's copybook, to
定义: 玷污自己的声誉.
例句: He blotted his copybook with a failed drugs test but before that he was a possible first-rounder. (他因为无法通过验毒检查玷污了自己的声誉, 但在此之前他还是个优先被甄选的球员. 注: a first-rounder是指在各个球队要甄选一批新进球员时被为列为优先考虑的首选球员)

09. blot out, to
定义: 掩盖, 造成模糊, 没意义, 不重要; 毁灭.
例句: She found that a mix of vodka and champagne temporarily relieved the anxieties, blotting out memories of the recent turn of events. (她发现伏特加酒跟香槟酒的混合可以暂时减轻焦虑痛苦, 把最近所发生的不愉快事件的记忆掩盖住)

10. blotto
定义: [俚语]喝醉的.
例句: He came home blotto after the party. (他离开酒会之后醉醺醺地回家)

11. blow a bundle, to
定义: 花掉很多钱, 赌博输掉很多钱.
例句: If you wear a size 14 and you blow a bundle on designer size 8 dresses as motivati​​on, you will probably end up feeling angry if you can't wear it a month later. (如果你穿的是十四号尺寸衣服而你花了很多钱买八号的名牌衣服作为瘦身激励, 你可能会感到愤怒如果一个月之后你没法穿上它)

12. blow a fuse, to
定义: 勃然大怒, 怒不可遏, 怒气冲冲.
例句: The boss blew a fuse when the shipment didn't arrive on time. (当货物没有准时运到时, 老板勃然大怒)

13. blow a gasket, to
定义: 勃然大怒, 怒不可遏, 怒气冲冲.
例句: Go ahead, blow a gasket! What good will that do? (你尽管发你的脾气! 那有什么用?)

14. blow a hole in something, to
定义: 反驳, 揭穿, 证明某事虚假, 有问题或有缺陷.
例句: Bloodstains on the sheets blew a hole in the defense's argument. (床单上的血迹揭穿了辩方的辩称)

15. blow a hole in the argument, to
定义: 反驳, 揭穿, 证明某人论点虚假, 有问题或有缺陷.
例句: The liberal goes away thinking the conservative is a simpleton and the conservative grins because he blew a hole in the argument. (这个自由派份子离开的时候认为这个保守派是个头脑简单的傻子而这个保守派份子咧着嘴笑因为他揭穿了对方的辩护)

16. blow a kiss, to
定义: 飞吻.
例句: Today I blew a kiss back at the driver who gave me the finger. I confused her and made me feel better. (今天我给了这个跟我竖中指驾驶人一个飞吻. 弄得她不知所措让我感觉好多了)

17. blow a raspberry, to
定义: 发呸声, 表达反对及蔑视; 把舌伸在两唇中间吐气, 发出没礼貌的噪音.
例句: A boy of no more than six appeared, blew a raspberry at me and then ran away. (一个不超过六岁大的小男童出现在我面前, 他跟我发个呸声之后就溜掉了)

18. blow away, to
定义: 枪击, 射杀; 风吹散, 云消雾散(例如对某人的敌意或怀疑的冰释或云消雾散); 惊讶, 予人强烈(通常是好的)的印象; 痛击, 击败.
例句: I was blown away by the incredibly thoughtful gift I received from one of my customers today. ​​(我收到一份我一个客户送给我极为体贴的礼物让我非常惊讶)

19. blow chow, to
定义: [俚语]呕吐.
例句: That 3-week old macaroni I found in the fridge made me blow chow. (我在电冰箱找到了一个放了三个星期的通心粉让我作呕)

20. blow chowder, to
定义: [俚语]呕吐.
例句: I feel really sick – I could blow chowder right here! (我很不舒服—我可能会在这里吐出来!)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 76 访客