royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 119

帖子 royl » 周二 6月 21, 2011 9:54 pm

二十笔实用成语 119

01. blow chunks, to
定义: [俚语]呕吐.
例句: John, my boy, if you go for a ride on that Ferris wheel right after dinner, you'll blow chunks! (约翰, 我的孩子, 如果你刚吃完晚餐就乘坐那个摩天轮, 你会呕吐)

02. blow down/in someone's ear, to
定义: 跟某人咬耳朵, 说悄悄话.
例句: His secretary, Amy, approached him and blew down his ear, "Could I have a word with you alone? It's rather urgent." He said, "Of course." (他的秘书, 艾美, 走近他,跟他悄悄地说, "我能单独地跟你说几句话吗? 这是相当紧急的." 他说, "当然可以.")

03. blow dry, to
定义: 吹干; 吹干头发或双手; 以吹风机吹干头发并把发型固定.
例句: To create more extreme lift, blow dry your hair upward, and be careful not to over-dry or you'll lose body. (为了造成发端的飘逸, 你要朝上吹干你的头发, 小心别吹得过干否则你会失去头发浓密感)

04. blow great guns, to
定义: [俚语]大风猛刮.
例句: The wind was blowing great guns, and big waves beat the shore. (大风正猛刮, 大浪敲击海岸)

05. blow hot and cold, to
定义: 反覆无常, 摇摆不定.
例句: It's impossible to have a relationship with someone who blows hot and cold all the time. (跟一个总是反覆无常的人不可能维持一个长久关系)

06. blow in, to
定义: 突然地或偶然地来到; 大量挥霍金钱.
例句: He just blew in out of nowhere one day and dad was very pleased to see him. (他就这样某一天突如其来地出现, 父亲很高兴见到他)

07. blow into (a place), to
定义: 出其不意地突然出现在某地. (注: 意指没有预先通知别人就翩临某地)
例句: She blew into town and snagged Tom away from other gold diggers. (她出其不意地突然出现, 把汤姆从其他的淘金女郎手中夺走)

08. blow it out of proportion, to
定义: 过份夸张, 小题大作, 无理取闹.
例句: I think John handled the situation great, but Cathy blew it out of proportion. (我认为约翰处理这个情况很适当, 但是凯西却小题大作)

09. blow it out your ear, to
定义: 走开, 别去烦人, 别再说废话; 不与置信, 充耳不闻, 对某人的胡说八道置之不理.
例句: When I asked Jack about the boss's latest statement, he said, "You can blow it out your ear. He's already changed him mind." (当我问杰克有关老板最近的说法, 他说, "别去烦他. 他已经改变了他的主意了.")

10. blow it up a photo, to
定义: 放大一个照片.
例句: If you want to see details in the photo, blow it up. (如果你要看这张照片的细节就把它放大)

11. blow it, to
定义: 出纰漏, 犯错, 办砸; [戏剧术语]说错台词.
例句: Karen won't blow it this time. She'll skate a perfect program. (凯伦这次不会再犯错误了. 她会做出完美的溜冰程式)

12. blow like a grampus, to
定义: 沉重而吵杂地呼吸.
例句: Puffing and blowing like a grampus and thrashing about like a baby whale with a stomachache, he actually made progress toward the ledge. (沉重而吵杂地呼吸, 像小鲸鱼一样地用肚子拍水, 他还真的游向池边)

13. blow me down!
定义: [惊叹语]啊, 天呀! 我很惊讶! 我真不敢相信!
例句: Well, blow me down, I can't believe I've actually passed my exam! (唉, 天呀, 我真不敢相信我的考试居然过关了!)

14. blow me over!
定义: [惊叹语] 啊, 天呀! 我很惊讶! 我真不敢相信!
例句: He's over 50? Well, blow me over! (他超过五十岁啦? 天呀! 我真不敢相信!)

15. blow off someone, to
定义: 故意忽视某人; 忘了出席与某人的约会, 爽约, 放某人鸽子.
例句: I tried to say hello to him, but he just blew me off. (我试着跟他打招呼, 他却故意忽视我)

16. blow off something, to
定义: 决定某事为不重要, 将某事置之不理.
例句: Fresh out of public high school, he blew off an enrollment interview at a university in order to audition for a band. (刚从公立高中毕业, 他为了去甄试一个乐团团员而不理会一个大学的招生面试)

17. blow off steam, to
定义: 舒缓, 舒解压力或抑郁.
例句: Tell him to go blow off some steam and then we can talk. (告诉他舒解一些压力然后我们才可以谈话)

18. blow off, to
定义: 不出席或出现​​; 在竞赛中胜过别人; 拒绝注意, 履行承诺或面对, 忽视; 结束与某人的关系.
例句: I'm going to blow off my classes today—will you get the assignments for me? (我今天要翘课—你帮我拿作业好吗?)

19. blow one's brains out, to
定义: 向自己的脑部开枪; 过份辛劳, 累死自己.
例句: When he refused to hand over the money, the robbers threatened to blow his brains out. (当他拒绝交出钱, 这些强盗威胁要打得他脑袋开花)

20. blow one's cool, to
定义: 情绪失控, 暴怒, 发脾气, 怒气冲冲.
例句: Barney blew his cool, cursed Tom and said he would fire him from the job if he was late another day. ​​(巴尼情绪失控, 臭骂了汤姆一顿并告诉汤姆如果再迟到一次他会解雇汤姆. 注: 这里有代表两个人的第三人称的代词, 我尽量地不照原文翻译以免令人不知谁是谁)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 51 访客