royl
帖子: 1766
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 120

帖子 royl » 周三 6月 22, 2011 5:37 pm

二十笔实用成语 120

01. blow one's cover, to
定义: 不小心暴露出自己秘密身份.
例句: With a false passport, I can enter Bali, if nobody blows my cover. (如果没有人暴露我身份的话, 只要有一本假护照, 我就可以进入巴里岛)

02. blow one's lid, to
定义: 情绪失控, 暴怒, 发脾气, 怒气冲冲.
例句: My father blew his lid when I told him that I had an accident with his car. (当我告诉我父亲我使用他的车子发生了一场车祸他勃然大怒)

03. blow one's lines, to
定义: [戏剧术语]忘记或说错台词.
例句: Poor kid, she blew her lines a few times and her timing was off. But for the most part the show was lame. (可怜的小孩, 她几次忘记台词, 她的节奏也没掌握好. 但总的来说这个节目没什么好看)

04. blow one's nose, to
定义: 擤鼻涕.
例句: A cold virus spreads through tiny, air droplets that are released when an infected person sneezes, coughs, or blows his nose. (当受感染的人打喷嚏, 咳嗽, 或擤鼻涕时感冒病毒经由细小的空气微粒扩散出去)

05. blow one's own horn, to
定义: 自吹自擂, 吹嘘自己.
例句: He is always blowing his own horn and is very annoying at times. (他总是自吹自擂并且非常烦人)

06. blow one's own trumpet, to
定义: 自吹自擂, 吹嘘自己.
例句: One of the great qualities is his honesty and he never blows his own trumpet especially when you are that good you don't need to. (他有一个很好的特质就是他的诚实和从不吹捧自己主要是当你已经这么好你不需要吹捧自己)

07. blow one's stack, to
例句: He lashes out with anger and the usual childish profanity. Tommy can't answer the simplest question without blowing his stack. (他经常愤怒地以他惯用的幼稚脏话攻击. 汤米没法好好地回答简单问题而不情绪失控)

08. blow one's top, to
例句: Rather than blowing his top, as he is wont to do, he just got mellow. He slouched down in his seat, pretended uninterested, gazed serenely out the window. (不但不像他往常习惯地情绪失控, 他态度反而转变柔和. 他懒散地坐在椅子上, 假装漠不关心, 平静地凝视窗外)

09. blow one's wad, to
定义: 花不少钱, 射精.
例句: He blew his wad on some handmade boots. They cost $700! (他花了不少钱在一双手工做的皮靴, 它们要七百块美金!)

10. blow out of proportion, to
定义: 夸大其实, 吹嘘过头, 夸张.
例句: This has been so blown out of proportion. Part of the reason why it grew so out of proportion is that the source of the rumor. (这件事被夸大其实. 吹嘘过头的部分原因是这个谣言的来源)

11. blow out of the water, to
定义: 吓人一大跳; 远胜于, 击溃; 否决.
例句: The boss blew the whole idea out of the water. (老板否决了这整个意见)

12. blow out, to
定义: 被阵风吹熄; 强风或台风平息; 轻易地击败; (油气井)失控地爆发.
例句: The storm eventually blew itself out. (这个风暴最终平息了)

13. blow over, to
定义: 停息, 消失无形.
例句: The scandal blew over and was forgotten in a few months. (这件丑闻终于停息了, 几个月内就被人遗忘)

14. blow sky-high, to
定义: 彻底失败, 炸得粉碎, 炸得满天飞; 驳得体无完肤.
例句: He blew the whole deal sky-high by telling the newspapers about it. (由于他泄露给报纸, 这整笔交易彻底失败)

15. blow smoke up someone's ass, to
定义: [不雅语]糊弄, 唬人, 胡扯, 迷惑.
例句: Did you really win the lottery or are you just blowing smoke up my ass? (你是真的中了奖券还是在糊弄我?)

16. blow smoke, to
定义: 糊弄, 唬人, 吹牛, 夸功.
例句: Don't listen to him. He's just blowing smoke. (别听他的. 他只是在唬人)

17. blow snakes (music), to
定义: 演奏爵士乐, 即兴演奏.
例句: I went to hear music at the club, and Guido was blowing snakes. (我去这家具乐部听音乐, 盖多正在演奏爵士乐)

18. blow some steam off, to
定义: 舒缓, 舒解压力或抑郁.
例句: I'm sick and tired of punks like you calling everyone an idiot just to blow some steam off. (我厌倦了你这种小流氓拿骂大家都是白痴来舒解自己郁闷)

19. blow someone away, to
定义: 令人印象深刻, 惊讶, 喜悦, 震撼.
例句: This woman blew me away last night as she delivered the lecture for winning the Sydney Peace Prize. (昨晚, 这个女子发表获得雪梨和平奖的感言让我震撼)

20. blow someone off, to
定义: 故意忽视某人; 忘了出席与某人的约会, 爽约, 放某人鸽子.
例句: Byron blew me off this morning but then asked me to meet him tonight. (拜伦今天早上放我鸽子, 但后来要我今晚跟他碰面)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 20 访客