royl
帖子: 1766
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 121

帖子 royl » 周四 6月 23, 2011 9:38 am

二十笔实用成语 121

01. blow someone to bits, to
定义: 将某人炸得粉碎.
例句: One rolled a grenade at Lieutenant Meredith and blew him to bits. The Turkish soldier was immediately bayoneted. (一个人向梅瑞迪斯中尉滚投一颗手榴弹把他炸得粉碎. 这个土耳其士兵马上被刺刀捅死)

02. blow someone/something to kingdom come, to
定义: 枪杀某人或炸毁某物.
例句: I salvaged it from a military car before they dragged it away and blew it to kingdom come with a couple of heavy machine guns. (在他们把这部军车拖走和拿重型机枪打成碎片之前, 我从军车把这个零件拆下来废物利用)

03. blow someone's brains out, to
定义: 射杀某人于脑部.
例句: Max was so depressed that he wanted to blow out his brains. (麦克斯非常沮丧, 他想要对脑部开枪自杀)

04. blow someone's cover, to
定义: 揭发某人的秘密身份或其工作.
例句: A Nevada fugitive wanted on fraud charges was arrested in Connecticut after he blew his cover by applying for a job as a police officer. (在他申请一个警官工作被揭穿了身份之后, 这个因诈欺指控被通缉的内华达州逃犯在康乃狄克州被逮捕)

05. blow someone's mind, to
定义: 令人大为惊奇, 令人不可思议; (因吸毒)改变心智; 疯癫.
例句: The first time I heard this band, they completely blew my mind and I've been a fan ever since. (我第一次听到这个乐团的演出, 他们彻底令我大为惊奇, 从此之后我就成为他们的乐迷)

06. blow something off the map, to
定义: 全面摧毁(尤其以炸弹).
例句: Last week's tornado outbreak killed at least 342 people and wiped out thousands of homes, schools, and businesses. Entire towns were blown off the map. (上星期突发的龙卷风造成三百四十二人丧失, 夷平数千家房屋, 学校和商店. 整个市镇被全面摧毁)

07. blow something to bits/smithereens/pieces, to
定义: 将某物或建筑物炸得粉碎; 以揭发丑闻或揭露密闻粉碎某个理论, 说法或计划.
例句: The discovery blew the police theory to smithereens. Initially, the police claimed that the hackers had stumbled upon Mr. Chen's account by chance. (这个发现粉碎了警方的理论. 起初, 警方宣称这批骇客偶然无意中发现陈先生的帐户)

08. blow something wide open, to
定义: 揭发丑闻, 揭露密闻; 让某事无法成功.
例句: He's threatening to blow the whole operation wide open if we don't give him a bigger share of the profits. (他威胁要使整个事业经营无法成功如果我们不给他更大的营利分享)

09. blow something/someone out of the water, to
定义: 远胜于某人, 完全的摧毁或击败某人或某物.
例句: They came to court with fresh evidence that would, they said, blow the prosecution's case completely out of the water. (他们给法庭带来新发现的证据, 据他们说, 可以彻底击败检方的论据)

10. blow the cobwebs away, to
定义: 出去透气或运动, 使头脑清醒, 除旧布新.
例句: We went for a five-mile jog to blow the cobwebs away. (我们慢跑了五英哩出来透透气)

11. blow the gaff, to
定义: 泄密, 打小报告.
例句: They killed Green because he was about to blow the gaff on their drug dealing. (他们杀了葛林因为他正准备要把他们的毒品交易泄露出去)

12. blow the lid off, to
定义: 揭发丑闻, 揭露密闻.
例句: When the defendant confessed, it blew the lid off the murder trial. (当被告供认罪行时, 整个谋杀审讯的密闻被揭露)

13. blow the whistle, to
定义: 告发, 检举(不法之事), 制止.
例句: Jimmy knows we stole the keys, but he won't blow the whistle. (吉米知道我们偷了钥匙, 但他不会告发我们)

14. blow this joint, to
定义: [俚语]离开这个地方.
例句: I'm sick of playing billiards. Let's blow this joint. (我不想再玩台球. 我们离开这个地方吧)

15. blow through, to
定义: [澳洲俚语]迅速突然地离去.
例句: One of the boys handed the robbers his $500 blackberry and the thieves blew through in a car. No one was hurt. (其中一个男孩把他五百块钱的黑莓手机交给抢匪们, 他们开车突然离去. 没有人受伤)

16. blow town, to
定义: 仓促离开, 出城, 逃逸.
例句: He's got to pack and blow town. The cops are onto him. (他必须要赶快逃走. 警察已经侦查到他了)

17. blow up in someone's face, to
定义: 突然爆炸; 在某人面前情绪失控; 栽了跟头, 意外地彻底失败.
例句: The government's attempts at reform have blown up in its face, with demonstrations taking place all over the country. (由于游行示威在全国各处发​​生, 这个政府改革的尝试已经彻底失败)

18. blow up, to
定义: 情绪失控, 暴怒; 过份夸张; 炸毁; 充气; 把照片放大; 风吹.
例句: If you criticize Al, he'll blow up. He's very sensitive. (如果你批评艾尔的话他会暴怒. 他是个很敏感的人)

19. blow-by-blow account, a
定义: 详尽的报道.
例句: This is a blow by blow account of the federal agent cocaine war that has turned into an all out power grab. (这是一个联邦探员反毒作战变成了全面夺权斗争的详尽报道)

20. blowhard, a
定义: [俚语]自我吹嘘者, 喋喋不休的人.
例句: She's nice but her husband's a rea​​l blowhard. (她还不错但她先生是一个自我吹嘘的人)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 51 访客