royl
帖子: 1766
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 126

帖子 royl » 周三 6月 29, 2011 1:32 am

二十笔实用成语 126

01. bone up on something, to
定义: 专心努力钻研, 温习.
例句: I have to bone up on my French for my trip. (为了我这次旅游, 我必须要温习我的法语)

02. bone-chilling cold, be
定义: 刺骨的寒流, 凛冽的寒流.
例句: Even more bone-chilling cold is gripping the East the start of the week, challenging records and creating dangers for both pets and people. (从本周起, 甚至更多的刺骨寒流正笼罩着东部地区, 挑战着低温记录和给宠物和人们造成危害)

03. bone-dry, be
定义: 极干燥的, 没有酒的, 禁酒的.
例句: Someone had drained the pool. It was bone dry. (有人把水池的水放掉了. 它干得一滴水都没有)

04. bonehead, a
定义: [不尊重语]笨蛋, 傻瓜.
例句: Jason put his hand right in the fire. What a bonehead! (杰生居然把他的右手放在火里. 真是个大傻瓜!)

05. bone-idle, be
定义: 天生懒散的, 懒透了.
例句: The problem he has is with his 20-year old daughter—she is bone idle, she spends most of the day in bed and is up all night watching telly. (他的问题是他二十岁的女儿—她懒透了, 白天都在睡大觉, 晚上通霄不眠地看电视. 注: 这里的telly就英国人口语中的电视机)

06. bone-lazy, be
定义: 天生懒散的, 懒透了.
例句: Some people are just bone-lazy, they fill the garage with junk and leave the vehicle unlocked with the keys in the ignition and parked outside the house. (有些人就是懒透了, 他们把车库堆满了废物, 把车子停在房子外面, 不但不锁车子还把整串钥匙留在点火开关上)

图片
从这张照片上您可以见到钥匙在点火开关上

07. boner, a
定义: 愚蠢错误, 出丑.
例句: The manager pulled a boner and lost his job. (这个经理犯了一个愚蠢错误也丢了官职)

08. boneshaker, a
定义: 坐得很不舒服, 骨头快震散的车子尤指脚踏车及老爷车.
例句: Though I'm not quite sure it was a boneshaker, which are made of wood, with wooden wheels shod in iron. (尽管我不很确定这是辆骨头会震散的老爷车, 它是木制的, 它的木轮子还包上铁皮)

09. bonus, a
定义: 红利, 意外收获, 奖励.
例句: As a bonus for good behavior you can stay up late. (作为你良好品行的奖励是你可以晚点睡觉. 注: 许多父母规定儿女必须要在某时间前入寝, 当然在周末或寒暑假期间会放宽一点)

10. boo someone off, to
定义: 向某人喝倒采, 赶他下台.
例句: The rude audience booed the performer off the stage. (这些粗鲁观众喝倒采把表演者赶下台)

11. boob job, a
定义: [俚语]丰胸, 隆乳手术.
例句: Jenny got a boob job last weekend. No wonder she looks different! (珍妮上周末做了隆乳手术. 难怪她看起来不一样)

12. boob tube, the
定义: [俚语]电视机.
例句: Parents complain about the quality of the shows but don't prevent their children from gluing themselves to the boob tube. (父母们抱怨电视节目的品质却不制止他们的儿女紧盯着电视机不放)

13. boob, a
定义: 笨人, 脑子单纯的人, 粗鲁或不懂礼貌的人; 错误, 过失.
例句: The man is portrayed as this helpless boob who has once again gotten himself and his family into trouble yet again. (这个被人描述为无能的笨蛋一而再, 再而三给自己和他家庭带来麻烦)

14. boo-boo
定义: (小孩的)小伤; 错误, 过失.
例句: I made a slight boo-boo when I added up the numbers. (在我加这些数字时犯了一个小错误)

15. boobs
定义: [粗俗语]女人胸部.
例句: Okay, she has lovely boobs. What about her personality? (不错, 她的胸部美丽动人. 她的个性怎样呢?)

16. booby hatch, a
定义: [俚语](不尊重语)精神病患收容所; 船舱入口盖板.
例句: Fred worried a little about being put in a booby hatch. But, no one had ever before suggested that he belonged in one. (弗来德有点担心被送进精神病患收容所. 但从来没有人暗示他应该被送进收容所)

17. booby prize, a
定义: [挖苦语]最后第一名奖, 最糟表现奖. (注: 多为善意及轻松幽默之意而设的)
例句: My nomination for the booby prize would go either to New York City or Dallas for what are probably the worst traffic signs in the country. (我提名的最后第一名奖将会给纽约市或达拉斯市由于它们的很可能是全国最糟糕的交通标志)

18. booby trap, a
定义: 诱杀爆炸装置.
例句: Someone had rigged a booby trap that blew up the car when the engine was started. (有人偷偷地在车上安装一了个诡雷, 在引擎被启动时炸毁了这辆车子)

19. boodle, a
定义: 伪钞; 贿赂款; 大量金钱; 赃款或赃物.
例句: But you may bet your bottom dollar that if there's any boodle in the flat it's in this room. (但是你可以肯定的是, 如果有任何赃款藏在这套公寓里的话, 它应该在这间房内)

20. boogie down, to
定义: 跳摇滚热舞, 派对狂欢作乐; 匆促地去某处.
例句: So, why don't you just boogie down to the store and load up on goodies for the weekend? (你为什么不干脆快点去超市买一大堆好吃的东西来度这个周末?)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 47 访客