royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 133

帖子 royl » 周四 7月 07, 2011 6:53 pm

二十笔实用成语 133

01. bow out, to
定义: 退出, 退休, 鞠躬下台.
例句: When dad sees that I can manage the firm, he will bow out. (当我父亲确定了我能管理这家公司的时候, 他就会退休)

02. bow tie, a
定义: 蝴蝶结, 领结.
例句: In March 1948, they held their first bow tie required dinner, a tradition that would continue until 2004. (在1948年三月, 他们举办他们第一次必须戴领结的餐会, 这个传统一直延续到2004年)

03. bow to someone, to
定义: 向某人鞠躬, 屈服, 认输.
例句: She finally bowed to the inevitable and accepted their decision. (她终于向无法逃避的现实屈服并接受他们的决定)

04. bowel movement (BM), a
定义: 解大便, 上大号. (注: BM是bowel movement的缩写)
例句: I couldn't wait for the car ride to be over; I needed to take a bowel movement badly. (我没法等到车程结束; 我急需要上大号)

05. bowl a maiden over, to
定义: 让一位女子倾心, 取得她的芳心.
例句: It is so sad that boys think that all they need is a good figure, especially good arms, to be charming enough to bowl a maiden over. (真可悲, 男子们认为他们所需要的是良好的身材, 尤其是强壮的臂肌, 才够迷人让一位女子倾心)

06. bowl along, to
定义: 急驶, 急速移动. (注: 大多指车辆的急速行驶)
例句: The V6s are certainly more refined and good bit quicker, but it's no hardship to be bowling along in a V5, I can assure you. (V型六缸引擎当然更精致和快多了, 但我可以跟你保证用V型五缸引擎高速行驶它完全没问题)

07. bowl over, to
定义: 令人不知所措; 令人印象深刻; 把人撞倒.
例句: She was bowled over when I gave her a dozen roses. (当我送给她一打玫瑰花时她惊讶地不知所措)

08. bowl someone over, to
定义: 让某人惊奇, 不知所措; 把某人撞倒.
例句: She bowled over the judges with her excellent performance. (她超群的表达让评议委员惊奇不已)

09. bowlegged, be
定义: O型腿的. (注: 意指两腿直立膝盖却合不拢)
例句: Infants are born bowlegged because of their folded position in the uterus. (由于他们在母体子宫的卷曲姿势, 婴儿生下来是O型腿的)

10. Box and Cox
定义: [英国]轮流使用, 互相交替的使用.
例句: Sometimes, there is a sort of Box and Cox arrangement by which two different fishes utilize the same corner at different times. (有时候, 有一种轮流使用的安排使两种鱼类在不同时间使用同一栖息处)

11. box clever
定义: [英国]小聪明, 狡黠.
例句: Obviously he would have to box clever in the witness stand to avoid implicating himself. (显然地, 他必须在证人席上使出狡黠手段才能避免把他自己给牵连进去)

12. box of birds, be a
定义: [纽西兰]感觉很好, 一切不错.
例句: For the last few days, I have had a head cold but am a box of birds today. ??(在过去几天里, 我得到了头伤风但现在我感觉很不错)

13. box of fluffy ducks, be a
定义: [纽西兰]感觉很好, 一切不错.
例句: As I told John, I am a box of fluffy ducks these days and the only thing I find hard is adjusting to having no pain anymore, after many years. (就像我跟约翰所说的, 这些天来我感到不错, 我发现唯一难以适应的事就是这么多年后我再也没病痛)

14. box of tricks, a
定义: [俚语]一套锦囊妙计, 可以达成任务的计谋或窍门.
例句: You really need a box of tricks when you decide to start working at home. You will need to think about what skills you need to be successful. (当你决定开始在家工作时, 你确实需要一套锦囊妙计. 你必须思考你需要什么样的技能才能成功)

15. box office, the
定义: 票房, 售票处, 电影销售收入, 卖座能力.
例句: The movie did very well at the box office. (这部电影非常卖座)

16. box score, the
定义: 比赛得分统计表.
例句: In baseball, the statistical summary of a game is reported in a box score. (在棒球运动上, 一场比赛的统计概要被公布在比赛得分统计表上)

17. box someone's ears, to
定义: 扇某人耳光.
例句: His mother threatened to box his ears if he misbehaved again. (他母亲威胁他如果他再调皮捣蛋的话她要扇他耳光)

18. box the compass, to
定义: 背诵罗经, 完全转变态度, 采取相反态度.
例句: With a change of ownership, the editorial page boxed the compass politically, now supporting the Senator. (由于业主的换手, 社论栏的政治态度完全转变, 现在正支持这个参议员)

19. boxed in, be
定义: 被包围或围堵, 无计可施, 束手无策.
例句: I feel boxed in by all these rules. (我感觉到被这些规则弄得束手无策)

20. boy in buttons, a
定义: 男服务生, 听差, 青年侍从.
例句: As Paul talked on the phone, there was a tap at the door and the boy in buttons entered and put the meal on the table. (在保罗讲电话的时候, 有人叩门然后这个男服务生进来把餐点放在桌上)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: Bing [Bot] 和 46 访客