回复
royl
帖子: 1766
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 135

帖子 royl » 周三 7月 13, 2011 2:36 am

二十笔实用成语 135

01. brain trust, a
定义: 领导人的智囊团; 非正式的专家智囊团; 在公开场合讨论事务的非官方的评论团体.
例句: He's willing to sacrifice his own political ambition for the good of the country when his brain trust recommended he not fight the 2000 election outcome. (当他的智囊团建议他别为了两千年选举结果争论, 他为了国家利益愿意牺牲自己的政治抱负)

02. brain, a
定义: 聪颖的人. (尤其是一个团体里的智多星)
例句: The other children always teased him about being such a brain. (作为一个聪明小孩, 其他小孩总是取笑他)

03. brainchild, the
定义: 首创的产品, 独创的概念.
例句: The Spanish Armada was the brainchild of Spain's King Philip II and he spent two years preparing the fleet. (西班牙的无敌舰队是其国王菲利普二世的独创概念, 他花了两年才准备好这支舰队)

04. brain-dead
定义: 极其愚蠢的, 脑死的.
例句: You would have to be brain-dead not to see the problem. (你只有是个脑死的人才看不出这个问题)

05. brains behind something, the
定义: 幕后策划者.
例句: She is also the brains behind the social media marketing of your company or brand. (她也是你公司或品牌的社交媒体营销的幕后策划者)

06. brainstorm, a
定义: 突来的灵感; 脑突变.
例句: His latest brainstorm is a doozy as it involves printing lots and lots of money, Weimar Republic style, which he believes will— yes, he actually says it—stimulate the economy. (他印刷大量钞票的最新突来灵感是个神来之笔, 威玛共和国方式, 他认为将会—是的, 他真说过—刺激经济)

注: 这是一句讽刺性的话.

07. brainstorming, a
定义: 集思广益, 共同思考.
例句: I knew I did not have the artistic ability to pull it off so I did some brainstorming with a few of my students and came up with the basic design for you. (我自知没有艺术禀赋做好这件事, 所以我跟我学生一起共同思考, 替你做出了这件基本设计)

08. brainteaser, a
定义: 刺激思考的谜题或难题.
例句: The test guide needs you to study material on the obvious rules and regulations, but I think it's also important to get one of those brainteaser books. (这本考试参考书是要你研读显而易见的法则及规章资料, 但我认为你也应该去找一本像那些难题的书)

09. brainwash, to
定义: 洗脑.
例句: After living in England for two years, my friends had m​​e brainwashed that soccer was the best sport on the planet. (在英国住了两年后, 我的朋友对我洗脑让我把足球当成世界上最优秀的运动)

10. brainy
定义: 聪颖过人的.
例句: Sue always does well on tests because she's brainy. (因为她聪颖过人, 苏总是考得很好成绩)

11. branch from, to
定义: 源自于, 由...发展出来.
例句: Parking is plentiful here; and East River Road, a neighborhood street that branches from the busy corridor, is nice. (这里的停车位很充足, 东河路情况也不错, 它是条由交通频繁的通道分支出来的邻近街道)

12. branch off, to
定义: 分支, 分流, 岔开, 偏离.
例句: These streets branch off from both sides of the highway. (这些街道是由高速公路两侧辅助道路所分流出来)

13. branch office, a
定义: 分公司.
例句: Whether you're looking to invest in, buy, or sell a property, please feel free to call or drop by any of our branch offices for help. (不论你是准备要投资, 购买, 或出售一笔房地产,请别拘束地打电话或顺便来我们任何一个分公司寻求帮助)

14. branch out, to
定义: 设立分公司, 向外发展, 扩展范围.
例句: Our business is very good. It may be time for us to branch out. (我们生意非常好. 这也许正是我们向外发展的时机)

15. brand from the burning, a
定义: 大难得救的人, 劫后余生者, 从罪恶的渊薮拯救出的人.
例句: Eric is a man who was snatched from the hands of drugs, crime, incarceration, as a brand from the burning. (爱立克乃是一个从毒品, 犯罪, 监禁所拯救出来的人, 就像一个大难得救的人)

16. brand from the fire, a
定义: 大难得救的人, 劫后余生者; 从罪恶的渊薮拯救出的人.
例句: Our citizens no longer hesitate in seizing the juvenile offender, knowing that by so doing, they in effect snatch the brand from the fire. (我们市民不再犹豫逮捕少年犯罪者, 了解到如此做, 他们实际上从罪恶的渊薮拯救出这些少年人)

17. brand spanking new
定义: 崭新的.
例句: As I stand here cooking breakfast in the kitchen of my brand spanking new townhouse, I can't help but smile like a giddy school girl. (当我站在这崭新的透天厝厨房烹饪早餐, 我情不自禁得像一个天真小女孩一样地傻笑)

18. brand-new
定义: 崭新的.
例句: This concept is brand-new—no one has ever tried anything like it before. (这个概念是崭新的—没有人以前曾经试过类似这样的做法)

19. brass collar Democrat, a
定义: [政治术语]只投民主党票的美国南方保守民主党员. (注: 源自美国南北战争由于南方战败造成南方人长期的对共和党的怨恨)
例句: Grandpa is a diehard, brass-collar Democrat, having never voted for a Republican in his life. (爷爷是个死硬的只投民主党票的保守民主党员, 他一辈子从来没投给共和党人一票)

20. brass hat, a
定义: [俚语]高阶军官, 政府或民间高阶人士.
例句: Bullying, right-wing, warmongering MOD brass hats get huge pensions, peerages, jobs with the Tories and lucrative jobs with defense contractors. (恃强凌弱的右派战争贩子国防部高阶军官取得大量的养老金, 皇室爵位, 保守党工作和国防承包商的高薪工作)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 56 访客