royl
帖子: 1766
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 138

帖子 royl » 周日 7月 17, 2011 11:25 am

二十笔实用成语 138

01. break free from, to
定义: 脱离.
例句: She wanted to break free from the constraints of her middle-class life. (她想要脱离她中产阶级生活的束缚)

02. break fresh/new ground, to
定义: 有了新发现, 开创新领域, 先驱开拓.
例句: The researchers were able to break fresh ground in their search for a cancer cure. (这些研究人员在寻找治愈癌症上有了新发现)

03. break from, to
定义: 挣脱离去, 结束关系, 决裂, 突然改变想法.
例句: Maybe the whole idea of​​ the plot is meant to dissuade viewers from breaking from stereotypes, or revolting popular beliefs. (也许这个剧情着眼点的原意是在劝阻观众改变成见或违抗流行的价值)

04. break ground, to
定义: 破土开工(一个新的建筑); 有了新发现.
例句: Critics say that the study does not break any new ground in the search for a cure for cancer. (批评者说这个寻找治愈癌症的研究并没有任何新发现)

05. break in, to
定义: 破门闯入, 非法侵入, 打断别人谈话, 打扰, 开始新活动或新生意, 习惯某种活动, 克服新环境.
例句: The shoes were tight when she first got them, so she broke them in by wearing them around the house for a few days. (这双鞋刚买时有些紧, 所以她在家里穿几天来逐渐适应它们)

06. break into song, to
定义: 突然地唱歌, 不润喉就唱歌.
例句: One of our teachers used to break into song when he taught poetry. (我们有一位老师从前在教诗歌时候他突然地唱起来)

07. break into tears, to
定义: 突然泣不成声.
例句: She broke into tears when I told her the news. (当听到这个消息时她突然泣不成声)

08. break into, to
定义: 破门闯入, 非法侵入, 突然脱出自制或限制(例如: 某人突然爆笑或哭泣; 马匹脱缰而跑), 中断或打断(例如: 中断电视节目, 插播重要新闻).
例句: I couldn't believe that my son would break into a store. (我真无法相信我儿子会非法闯入一家商店)

09. break it in, to
定义: 小心谨慎地启用一件新机器. (注: 意指谨慎使用新买的汽车, 家电, 等产品一段期间直到它达到正常工作状态为止)
例句: When I bought my first new car, dad said to break it in carefully. (当我买了我第一部汽车时, 我父亲告诉我要谨慎使用它)

10. break it up, to
定义: 使分离, 驱散, 令人停止.
例句: It's really hard to break it up but recently we have been exchanging cold emails, she cried, I got mad but I just don't know how to bring this to her. (男女分手真难, 但最近我们一直以冷漠的电子邮件交谈, 她哭了, 我不知道要怎样才能把这个话告诉她)

11. break loose, to
定义: 挣脱, 脱离.
例句: If you're putting that much force on a bolt to try to break it loose, you should not be using extensions, and you should NEVER use ratchets. (如果你使用这么大的力量在你试图松脱一个螺栓时候, 你不可使用延长杆, 你也绝不可使用棘轮扳手)

12. break of day, at the
定义: 破晓, 大清早.
例句: Some people get up at the break of day and go to work before it gets too late. (有些人一大清早就起床, 在还没太迟之前赶着去上班)

13. break off, to
定义: 突然停止; 分离; ​​切断连接; 结束一段关系或友谊.
例句: She wonders if she should break off her relationship with Liam. (她正在想是否应该要跟利亚姆结束这段关系)

14. break one's ass, to
定义: [不雅语]投入大量努力; 吃苦受累; 受伤; 死命地干活.
例句: As the average citizen breaks his ass to pay taxes, and illegal immigrants don't; corporations and illegal immigrants continue to grow on the backs of citizens. (当一般老百姓吃苦受累地付税而非法移民却不需要; 大公司跟非法移民继续在老百姓的背负上享受成长)

15. break one's back, to
定义: 投入大量努力; 辛勤工作; 死命地干活.
例句: Kurt breaks his back to help out the family. (库尔特辛勤工作帮忙维持家计)

16. break one's balls, to
定义: [不雅语]投入大量努力; 吃苦受累; 受伤; 死命地干活.
例句: He breaks his balls to make it perfect. He never cuts a single corner. (他投入大量努力确保它完美无缺. 他从不偷工减料)

17. break one's butt, to
定义: 投入大量努力; 吃苦受累; 受伤; 死命地干活.
例句: I'm not going to break my butt working for such low wages. (我才不会为了这个低工资死命地干活)

18. break one's chops, to
定义: 被取笑, 被批评; 投入大量努力; 辛勤工作.
例句: My brother likes to break my chops. (我哥哥总是喜欢取笑我)

19. break one's duck, to
定义: [英国俚语]第一次做某事, 女人失贞.
例句: I finally broke my duck yesterday, I went in public in the busy high street wearing 2.5 inch high-heeled shoes. (昨天, 我终于第一次做了一件事, 我公开地穿着两吋半的高跟鞋在繁华的大街上走)

20. break one's fall, to
定义: 阻止摔倒.
例句: He fell from the roof, but a tree helped to break his fall. (他从房顶摔下来, 但一棵树帮助阻止他摔下来)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 49 访客