royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 142

帖子 royl » 周五 7月 22, 2011 12:00 pm

二十笔实用成语 142

01 breathe like a grampus, to
定义: 呼吸沉重, 气喘如牛.
例句: He was in poor condition and breathed like a grampus, and he seemed to have no sort of head for heights. (他身体情况很糟, 呼吸沉重, 气喘如牛, 他好像还有惧高症)

02 breathe new life into, to
定义: 给予生机, 复苏, 振奋, 使...更为有趣生动.
例句: Kevin knows how to breathe new life into the old house by adding lots of fresh, bright color, while preserving its original vintage appeal. (以添加许多清新, 鲜艳的颜色同时也保存它原始古色古香的吸引力, 凯文知道如何使这栋旧房子更为有趣生动)

03 breathe one's last, to
定义: 咽最后一口气, 死亡.
例句: The man finally breathed his last after a long illness. (经过长时间与疾病缠斗之后, 此人终于咽下最后一口气)

04 breathing room/space, a
定义: 喘息空间, 喘息机会.
例句: It's nice being intimate, but everyone needs breathing space periodically, so partners shouldn't do everything together. (跟你的爱人亲密是件好事, 但每个人都需要自己的喘息空间, 所以跟你的情人或配偶不应该每件事都一起做. 注: 意指两人黏在一起久了会生腻)

05 bred-in-the-bone, be
定义: 天生的, 根深柢固的.
例句: John is a bred-in-the-bone horseman; he has been riding since he was six. (约翰是一个天生的骑士; 他从六岁就开始骑马)

06 breed apart, a
定义: (在行为上, 外表上, 思想上等等方面上)完全不一样的.
例句: Originating in the warm climates of South America, the Muscovy duck is a breed apart from the rest. It is by far the leanest domesticated duck breed. (原产于南美洲温暖的气候, 番鸭与其他鸭类完全不一样. 它是肉质含脂肪最少的家禽鸭类)

07 breeze in, to
定义: 飘然而来, 突然出现, 轻易赢得.
例句: He just breezed in to the branch office, barked a few orders at the staff – who he thought to be saps, squirreled away the cash and left. (他刚好突然出现在分公司, 厉声地跟员工发号施令– 他认为员工都是好骗的人, 他把现金偷偷地藏好了之后就离开)

08 breeze through, to
定义: 轻松地通过.
例句: I breezed through my calculus assignment in no time at all. (我轻松愉快地一下子就做完我的微积分功课)

09 breeze, a
定义: 很容易的工作.
例句: Because I studied English every day, the exam was a breeze. (因为我每天都读英文, 这个考试很容易)

10 brew, a
定义: 咖啡, 茶, 啤酒.
例句: Would you like to try one of my home brews? (你要不要试试看我自己做的一种啤酒吗?)

11 brewski, a
定义: [俚语]啤酒.
例句: I'm only agitated when I need a brewski...which is always. (我只有在焦虑不安的时候才需要喝啤酒…也就是任何时候. 注: 意指此人时时都想喝啤酒)

12 BRIC countries, the
定义: 金砖四国. (注: 高盛投资银行在2003发表文章认为B巴西, R俄罗斯, I印度, C中国将在2050年经济崛起到将取代现在的G7成为新经济强权)
例句: I say this because BRIC countries are uniquely and strategically positioned to enhance collaboration among themselves and with developing countries. (我说这个是因为金砖四国将他们自己置于特殊和战略的地位来加强跟发展中国家和在他们之间的互助合作)

13 brick-and-mortar, be
定义: 传统的, 实地服务的, 有店铺的. (注: 明显地有别于网路上虚拟的或远距的服务)
例句: They have a Web site as well as several brick-and-mortar stores. (他们拥有一个网站和几处传统店铺)

14 brickbat, a
定义: 伤人或粗俗的言行.
例句: The candidates resorted to hurling brickbats at one another. (这些后选人诉诸于以粗俗的语言互相叫骂)

15 bricks and clicks, a
定义: 同时提供网路上以及传统市场售货和服务的公司.
例句: Retailers need to promote a bricks and clicks mentality to their customers. Today's consumer is very independent, and adopts technology easily. (零售业者需要把一个网路及传统市场并行的心态推展给他们的客户. 今天的消费者非常独立而且容易接受新科技)

16 bricks shy of a load, a few
定义: 弱智的, 言行怪异的.
例句: That guy was a few bricks shy of a load. I used to watch him once in awhile just to see if I could figure out what the hell he was talking about. I never could. (那个家伙很怪异. 我以前有时候会注意他, 看看我有没办法了解他在说什么. 但我从来就没法听懂)

17 bridal gown, a
定义: 新娘婚纱礼服.
例句: So if a white bridal gown is not your style, red is in fact a wonderfully auspicious color for a bride to wear. (如果白色的婚纱礼服不是妳喜欢的风格, 穿上红色礼服对新娘来说其实是一款很吉祥的颜色)

18 bridal shower, a
定义: 为新娘举行的送礼会.
例句: In the US, bridal showers started in urban areas in the 1890s, mainly among the upper middle classes. By the 1930s, bridal showers had spread to rural America. (在美国, 给新娘的送礼会始于1890年代的都会区, 主要流行在中上阶层. 到了1930年代, 新娘送礼会才扩展到乡村地区)

19 bridge of gold, a
定义: 体面的退路.
例句: It is my own choice and did not prepare any a bridge of gold for the choice; so I h​​ave to accept the result whatever way it goes. (是我自己决定不准备这个抉择的退路; 所以我必须接受这个选择的后果—不管这个后果将来是如何)

20 bridge the gap, to
定义: 连接, 弥合...之间的鸿沟, 做和事佬.
例句: When the staff and the manager fight, I try to bridge the gap. (当员工和经理发生冲突时, 我试着充当他们的和事佬)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 70 访客