royl
帖子: 1766
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 143

帖子 royl » 周六 7月 23, 2011 2:14 pm

二十笔实用成语 143

01 bridle path
定义: 适合骑马的乡间小道.
例句: In industrialized countries, bridle paths are now primarily used for recreation. However, they are still important transportation routes in some areas. (在工业化国家里, 骑马专用道现在主要使用在娱乐消遣上. 但是, 它们在某些地区仍然是重要的交通道路)

02 bright
定义: 机智的, 聪明的, 犀利的.
例句: This turned out to be much more difficult than I'd expected, and in hindsight, it wasn't a very bright move on my part. (这件事结果证明比我原先想像的要困难许多, 事后看来, 我所做的的确不聪明)

03 bright and breezy, be
定义: 愉快活泼的, 春风满面的.
例句: I get a bit depressed at times, whereas Jill's always bright and breezy. (我有时候会沮丧, 而姬儿却总是春风满面的)

04 bright and early
定义: 大清早地.
例句: Be in the habit of getting up bright and early on the weekends. Why waste such precious time in bed? (要养成周末早起的习惯. 何必浪费宝贵时光在床上?)

05 bright as a button, be (as)
定义: 机智的及反应快的.
例句: Your daughter is bright as a button – always asking questions and quick to help. (你的女儿机智灵敏—总是不懂就问和勤快地帮助别人)

06 bright future, to have a
定义: 有一个灿烂的未来.
例句: I do strongly believe that anyone, let alone a third class person, can have a bright future even in the worse of all countries. (我坚信任何人, 更别说一个三等人, 尽管处在更恶劣的情况也能够有一个灿烂的未来)

07 bright idea, a
定义: 精明的想法或计划; (讽刺的口吻)笨方法, 馊主意.
例句: Whose bright idea was it to drive to Disney anyway? Oh wait – that was me. (总之, 这是谁的馊主意开车去迪斯尼? 噢, 等一下—原来是我自己)

08 bright spot, a
定义: 亮点. (注: 常用来指在困境时所发生的值得高兴的事)
例句: Car sales were one of the few bright spots for the economy last year. (汽车销售是去年经济的少数亮点之一)

09 brighten up one's day, to
定义: 使你整天精神愉快, 心高气爽.
例句: Thanks again for your support, you really brightened up my day. ​​(再度谢谢你的支持, 你确实让我心高气爽, 整天愉快)

10 brighten up, to
定义: 使生动活泼.
例句: The new paint on the walls really brightens up the room. (墙壁上的新油漆确实使这个房间生动活泼)

11 bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, be
定义: 跃跃欲试的, 精神抖擞及迫不及待的.
例句: She was bright-eyed and bushy-tailed the next morning, despite having been up half the night. (尽管她半夜没睡觉, 第二天早上她仍旧精神抖擞)

12 brilliantly plotted novel/story/narrative, a
定义: 精心设计/布局的小说/故事/叙述.
例句: It's brilliantly plotted, full of breathless action and suspense, gobs of black humor, a thick layer of clever ironies and a delicious verbal skill and grace. (这本小说精心布局, 充满着扣人心弦的行动与悬疑, 大量的黑色幽默, 浓厚的机智反讽和让人激赏的文字技巧与文雅)

13 bring ... into action, to
定义: 启动, 刺激.​​..开始行动或发出功能.
例句: A kick in the side brought the television set into action. (在电视机旁边踢一下就可以看节目. 注: 意指踢一下老旧电视机的一边就可以启动它的功能)

14 bring a bottle, to
定义: [英国请客用语]请自备水酒.
例句: For best results, if you'd like to bring a bottle to a licensed restaurant, I suggest you call ahead and ask permission. (如果你要携带自己的水酒到一家有执照餐厅, 若要取得皆大欢喜的结果, 我建议你先打电话给餐厅取得他们的同意)

15 bring a knife to a gunfight, to
定义: 不自量力, 拿鸡蛋去碰石头.
例句: That is why one should never bring a knife to a gunfight, a worm should not challenge Godzilla, and a chump should never box a boxer. (这就是为什么你永远不要拿鸡蛋去碰石头, 就像一条虫不应挑战大恐龙, 一个傻瓜绝不可以跟拳击师对打)

16 bring a storm about someone's ears, to
定义: 激起某人的愤慨或强烈反对.
例句: Nevertheless, the romance has a host of enthusiastic readers, and to criticize it adversely is to bring a storm about ones ears. (尽管如此, 这本爱情小说拥有一大群热情读者, 对它不利的批评将会激起读者们的强烈愤慨)

17 bring about, to
定义: 使某事发生或实现, 导致.
例句: The new law brought about a slight decrease in petty crime. (这个新法令导致轻度犯罪的微增)

18 bring an end to, to
定义: 使某事结束或终止.
例句: Gaddafi helped bring an end to the humiliation of apartheid and he's known for his support for the struggle against the racist regime in South Afr​​ica. (卡扎菲曾协助结束种族隔离所带来的羞辱, 他也是众所周知地支持跟南非种族主义政权的斗争)

19 bring around, to
定义: 回复清醒或复苏, 劝导, 促成某人接受意见.
例句: The medical workers were able to bring the man around after the car accident. (这些医疗人员能够帮助此人在车祸之后回复清醒)

20 bring back down to earth, to
定义: 引领某人回到现实世界, 不要再空想或沉迷.
例句: It's her job to bring him back down to earth and make him remember what's really important once he gets caught up in the money, fame and drugs. (一旦他身陷在金钱, 名声和毒品里不能自拔, 应该由她来引领他回到现实世界, 提醒他什么是真正重要的人生价值)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: Google [Bot] 和 45 访客