royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 144

帖子 royl » 周日 7月 24, 2011 9:01 am

二十笔实用成语 144

01 bring back the memories of, to
定义: 勾起对过去(一件事)的回忆.
例句: With a superb seafood menu and a huge selection of lunchtime tapas, this swanky restaurant brings back the memories of those Maltese shores. (具有一套极好的海鲜菜单和大量可选择的午餐开胃菜, 这家时髦餐厅勾起人对过去马耳他海岸的回忆)

02 bring back, to
定义: 送还, 回想, 回忆.
例句: Yes, you can borrow my pen, don't forget to bring it back to me when you're finished. (好, 你可以借用我的笔, 当你用完了别忘了还给我)

03 bring before ..., to
定义: 交由...来决定或审理.
例句: I wanted to bring this matter before you before it got any worse. (我想要在它恶化之前把这件事交由你来处理)

04 bring charges against someone, to
定义: 起诉某人.
例句: More recently, a Belgian court tried to bring charges against then Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon for alleged crimes against Palestinians. (最近, 一个比利时法庭试图起诉当时身为以色列总理的阿里尔夏龙被指控的对巴勒斯坦罪行)

05 bring coals to Newcastle, to
定义: 锦上添花, 送人不需要的东西. (注: 英国的Newcastle是个产煤区)
例句: Bringing extra food to the farmer's picnic was like bringing coals to Newcastle. (带着额外的食物去农家野餐就好像送人不需要的东西)

06 bring credit to someone, to
定义: 归功于某人, 给某人带来荣耀与尊敬, 让别人对某人有良好的印象.
例句: Students will present themselves in such a way to bring credit to their families, their schools and themselves. (学生们以这种方式来展现他们自己, 为的是给他们家人, 学校和自己带来荣誉)

07 bring down a government, to
定义: 推翻政府.
例句: A movement which is able to bring down a government is capable of achieving more than simply paving the way for another government. (一个能够推翻一个政府的运动是有能力达成比仅仅为另一个政府铺路还更大的任务)

08 bring down the house, to
定义: 大声的鼓掌, 获得满堂喝采. (注: 声音震撼房屋).
例句: Kirstie lived up to her hype with an amazing cha-cha that brought down the house and garnered an impressive 23 points. (克莉思蒂没有辜负她所大肆宣传的令人惊奇的恰恰舞, 她获得了满堂喝采还得到一个令人难忘的二十三分)

09 bring down to earth, to
定义: 令某人回到现实世界; 不要再空想, 幻想或沉迷.
例句: Push her off that pedestal, bring her down to earth, and let her taste reality. (把她从神坛推下来, 让她回到现实世界, 和让她尝尝现实的滋味)

10 bring down, to
定义: 射倒, 打倒; 推翻; 总数转结; 降低; 让某人沮丧.
例句: The federal government could bring house prices down overnight by tightening up foreign ownership rules but they have no incentive to do so. (这个联邦政府本可收紧对外国人房地产所有权的法律, 这样就可以一夜之间降低房价, 但他们认为如此做对他们无利可图)

11 bring forth, to
定义: 产生结果, 生产, 提出理由, 证据或例子.
例句: He was able to bring forth persuasive arguments in support of his position. (他能够提出令人信服的论点来支持他的立场)

12 bring forward, to
定义: 介绍, 将总数带入; 提前, 提早(举行).
例句: We need to bring the meeting forward from Tuesday to Monday so that more people can attend. (我们需要把会议从星期二提前至星期一, 如此可以有更多的人参加)

13 bring home the bacon, to
定义: 养家糊口; 赢得比赛, 奖金或奖牌, 取得成功.
例句: If Karen's going to be at home looking after the kids, someone needs to bring home the bacon. (如果要凯伦在家带小孩的话, 总要有人赚钱来养家糊口)

14 bring home the importance of something to someone, to
定义: 让某人清楚明白某事的重要性.
例句: Hopefully, reading through these stories should help bring home the importance of backing up your data. (但愿你阅读完这些故事应该会帮助你明白把资料做备份的重要性)

15 bring home to someone, to
定义: 带...回家; 使某人认清, 了解...的重要性或严重性.
例句: My weakness was brought home to me by the heavy work I had been assigned to do. (一直被指派繁重的工作让我认清了我的弱点)

16 bring home, to
定义: 带...回家; 拿回家的净所得薪水; 讲得清楚明白.
例句: She brought her boyfriend home to meet her parents. (她把她的男友带回家跟她的父母见面)

17 bring in, to
定义: 引进, 介绍; 带进, 吸引; 制造利润, 赚钱; 击出一球让在垒上的队友能回到本垒; (法官)宣布裁决; 使油井产油.
例句: The jury brought in a verdict of not guilty. (这个陪审团宣布一个无罪的裁决)

18 bring into effect, to
定义: 执行, 执法, 实施, 实现.
例句: It is our view that the Lisbon Treaty itself and the process by which it is proposed to bring it into effect are deeply anti-democratic. (我们认为里斯本条约本身和它所提议实施的过程是极端地反民主)

19 bring into line, to
定义: 要求某人遵循法律或规则; 排放整齐; 符合标准.
例句: We should always be kind as we try to bring others into line. We do this because there is possibility that someday we will need to be brought into line. (当我们我们要求别人遵循法规时, 我们应该永远抱持温和态度. 我们这样做是因为有一天我们也会被别人要求遵守法规)

20 bring into play, to
定义: 推动, 发挥作用, 产生影响, 带动, 启动, 发动, 运转; 成为被收购的对象; 开始比赛; 投入使用.
例句: Even bringing into play all the resources available would not resolve the immediate shortfall in production. (即使把所有的资源投入使用也不会解决眼前的生产缺口)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] 和 70 访客