royl
帖子: 1766
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 145

帖子 royl » 周一 7月 25, 2011 11:06 am

二十笔实用成语 145

01 bring into the world, to
定义: 诞生, 产生; 让大家知道, 公诸于世; 引进.
例句: I'm humbled by her story, and honored to bring it into the world in this way. (她的故事让我感到卑微, 我很荣幸以这个方式把这个故事公诸于世)

02 bring it off, to
定义: 设法使其执行成功, 带来圆满结果.
例句: Don't worry about the project. Mr. Ho can bring it off. (别担心这个工作项目. 何先生会圆满完成它的)

03 bring it on oneself, to
定义: 自做自受. (注: 大多是以过去式或完成式来使用, 例如: brought it on themselves)
例句: Exactly, she's brought it on herself because she can't control her own cruddy behavior. (完全正确, 她这是自找的因为她无法控制她自己的恶劣行为)

04 Bring it on!
[成语句型]有种就来吧! 出招吧! (注: 意指向别人挑战或接受挑战)

05 bring off, to
定义: 使人逃离, 援救; 设法使其执行成功, 带来圆满结果.
例句: No one thought Chuck could get an A in that course, but he brought it off. (没人料想到恰克会在这个课程拿个A, 但是他还是做到了)

06 bring on, to
定义: 带来, 引起.
例句: You've brought nothing but shame on your family since the day you were born! (自从你出生之后, 你只给你家庭带来羞辱!)

07 bring one on one's way, to
定义: 伴随, 引导, 照顾.
例句: Maybe we should give her a MP3 player along with that, to bring her on her way. (除此以外, 也许我们应该给她一个MP3播放器, 一路伴随她. 注: 意指她一路上可以用MP3播放器听音乐)

08 bring one's eggs to a bad market, to
定义: 失策, 失算, 来错地方, 计划失败.
例句: You lost money in both bull market and bear market; you must have brought your eggs to a bad market somehow. (不管是牛市或熊市你都亏本; 你一定是由于某种原因而失算)

09 bring one's hogs to the wrong market, to
定义: 失策, 失算, 来错地方, 计划失败.
例句: Your disrespectful slander goes against good traditions of this forum. When trying to denigrate a brilliant dancer, you brought your hogs to the wrong market. (你对人不尊重的毁谤违反了这个论坛的良好传统. 要是想要贬低一个出色的舞蹈家, 你来错地方)

10 bring oneself to do something, to
定义: 强迫自己, 鼓起勇气, 忍下心, 勉为其难去做不愿做的事.
例句: He knew that he should apologize, but he couldn't bring himself to do it. (他明知道他应该道歉, 但他就是没法强迫自己道歉)

11 bring out better result, to
定义: 显示出更佳的结果.
例句: In the workplace, proper word choice can bring out better result. (在工作场所, 使用适当的话语会带来更好的效果)

12 bring out the best in someone, to
定义: 使某人表现出或运用其优良或善良的素质.
例句: Stressful situations don't usually bring out the best in people. (在充满压力情况下并不见得一定会让人显现出善良的一面)

13 bring out the character, to
定义: 显示出个性或人格.
例句: Another gift is his ability to bring out the character of the people he sketches. (另一个禀赋是他有能力把他所素描的人的性格显现出来)

14 bring out the worst in ..., to
定义: 显露出...丑恶的一面, 劣质的一面或劣根性.
例句: On the other hand, being competitive can bring out the worst in people as well. (在另一方面, 求胜心切也会把人的劣根性显露无遗)

15 bring out, to
定义: 公开, 公布, 露出, 说出, 显示, 使其显而易见, 养成或发展品质.
例句: Our school aims to bring out the talents in each of our students. (我们学校的宗旨是力求开发每个学生的潜能)

16 bring over, to
定义: 拿过来; 说服, 令其改变心意, 令其加入我方阵营.
例句: I am working to get my citizenship and will bring my kids over soon; I miss them so much. (我现在努力取得我的公民身份再马上把我儿女申请过来; 我好想念他们)

17 bring prices down, to
定义: 降价, 造成价格下跌.
例句: Netbooks can go further, if we can bring prices down, and the best way to do this, is to get rid of the additional cost of an Operating System. (上网本还是有前途的, 如果我们能降价, 做到降价最好的办法是摆脱操作系统的额外成本)

18 bring problems upon oneself, to
定义: 自找麻烦, 带给自己问题或麻烦.
例句: He brings problems upon himself and then cries to the media instead of trying to keep the problems in house like he asks his teammates to do. (就像他要求他队友去做的一样, 他应该把这些问题交由他们自己内部解决, 而不是他自找麻烦然后跟媒体哭诉)

19 bring round, to
定义: 回复清醒或复苏, 劝导, 促成某人接受意见.
例句: She still says she won't support us, but we'll bring her round eventually. (她依旧说她不支持我们, 但我们最后还是会劝导她支持我们)

20 bring sand to the beach, to
定义: 多此一举, 画蛇添足; 带你的爱人去一个介绍新异性朋友的聚会使其他单身朋友少一个机会结交异性友人.
例句: You don't bring sand to the beach and you don't bring your girl to a place where there is plenty of others. (你不需要多此一举, 你别带你的女友到这个有大量女孩的地方)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 88 访客