royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 148

帖子 royl » 周五 7月 29, 2011 2:52 pm

二十笔实用成语 148

01 bring to the hammer, to
定义: 拿出来拍卖.
例句: Two rare paintings by renowned Russian writer Leonid Andreyev will be brought to the hammer at the auction house in Paris on Monday. ​​(由俄国知名作家里奥尼德•安德列耶夫所画的两幅稀有的油画将在星期一于巴黎拍卖所被拿出来拍卖)

02 bring to, to
定义: 回复清醒或复苏; 停船.
例句: The woman was brought to soon after the car accident. (这个女子在车祸之后不久就被人救醒)

03 bring together, to
定义: 撮合, 调解, 团结, 集合, 结合.
例句: She and her husband were brought together by a shared love of the natural world. (她和她先生经由共同对大自然的喜爱而结合在一起)

04 bring up short, to
定义: 突然中断, 停止.
例句: He was just starting to argue when her scream brought him up short. (他正准备要争论但她的尖叫让他突然中断)

05 bring up someone with a round turn, to
定义: 造成某人突然的停下来.
例句: I don't buy on credit. I pay for what I get. People who live too much on credit generally get brought up with a round turn in the long run. (我不使用赊欠方式购买东西. 我买什么都付清. 过份地依靠赊帐来过日子的人们通常最后会被人突然禁止赊欠)

06 bring up the rear, to
定义: 殿后, 居于队伍之尾.
例句: The runner from the other school was bringing up the rear in the school relay race. (从另一学校来的赛跑选手在学校接力赛居于殿后)

07 bring up to date, to
定义: 使...现代化; 提供最新消息或发展; 让人知道或顺应新时代, 新流行或新潮流.
例句: The revival of retro style tweaks the original design to bring it up to date with modern variations. (这个复古风格的再度流行以现代的变化来调整原始设计使其顺应新时代)

08 bring up, to
定义: 提出某事来讨论, 养育照顾小孩, 呕吐; 突然中断, 停止.
例句: They brought up the subject at the meeting but nobody wanted to talk about it. (他们在会议上提出这个议题, 但没人想要谈论它)

09 bring vs. take
定义: [易混淆字或片语]bring是把物品带到某处; take是把物品从某处带走. (注: 最好例子是当你来到一个派对, 你bring a bottle of wine,带来一瓶酒; 当你去一个派对你take a bottle of wine, 带去一瓶酒)

10 Bring you friends.
[成语句型]多带些朋友. (注: 受邀请时主人的提醒多带些朋友比较热闹)

11 bring your own bottle, to
定义: [请客用语]请自备水酒.
例句: I've never been to a medium-expensive restaurant that didn't allow you to bring your own bottle. Restaurants actually prefer it so they get to charge you fee to open a bottle. (我从来没去过一个中高价位餐厅不允许你自备水酒. 其实餐厅宁愿你自备水酒, 如此他们才可以跟你收开瓶费)

12 brinkmanship/brinksmanship, the
定义: 危险或战争边缘策略. (注: 将危机或对抗推到安全极限以图迫使对方就范的技巧; 多用于国际政治角力上)
例句: A nation's readiness to engage in nuclear brinksmanship against another clearly demonstrates that the essence of nuclear age is yet to sink in. (一个国家准备进行核武边缘策略对抗另一国家清楚地显示出他们并不完全了解核武时代的真义)

13 bristle at, to
定义: 显出怒容, 生气, 愤怒.
例句: John bristled at the insult. He had to remind himself, for the thousandth time, that David meant nothing by the comment. (约翰对这个羞辱愤愤不平. 已经无数次, 他必须提醒自己, 没必要计较大卫对他的批评)

14 bristle up, to
定义: 现出被激怒姿态. (注: 意指动物竖起鬃毛, 现出被激怒姿态)
例句: I wasn't trying to get you all bristled up. All I was trying to say was that it's just not as black and white as some people make it out to be. (我不是故意要惹你生气. 我所想要说的是, 这件事并不像有些人所说的那样黑白分明)

15 bristle with, to
定义: 被覆盖, 充满.
例句: This is a song that bristles with energy and excitement; it isn't so pretentious to appeal those who prefer rock 'n' roll. (这是一首充满着活力和令人激动的歌; 它不虚伪做作地去吸引那些摇滚音乐迷的喜爱)

16 Bristol fashion, be
定义: 干净整齐的, 井然有序的.
例句: We keep our car maintained in Bristol fashion. It does make a difference when you drive it. (我们把我们车子维持干净整齐. 当你驾驶它的时候你会发现有很大的不同)

17 Brit, a
定义: 英国人, 英国. (注: Brit是British或Britain简称)
例句: My fiancée and I are planning on tying the knot the first week of September. I am a Canadian citizen and she is a Brit. (我的未婚妻跟我计划在九月第一个礼拜结婚. 我是一个加拿大公民,她是一个英国人)

18 bro, a
定义: 兄弟, 好友. (​​注: bro是brother简称)
例句: Hey, bro, let's go to the party tomorrow night. (嘿, 兄弟, 我们一起去明晚的派对吧)

19 broach to/with, to
定义: 跟某人提起某事或某意见.
例句: I hate to be the one to have to broach this to you, but your trousers are torn. (我实在不愿意跟你提这件事, 但是你的长裤被撕裂了)

20 broad as it's long, be (as)
定义: 五十步笑百步; 结局都一样, 没什么差别.
例句: I was initially thinking of going on the 5th to avoid as much traffic as possible, but it's all probably as broad as it's long. (我起初想要走第五街尽可能地避免拥挤交通, 但是这可能都没什么差别)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 56 访客