royl
帖子: 1766
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 150

帖子 royl » 周一 8月 01, 2011 12:30 am

二十笔实用成语 150

01. brood over/about/on, to
定义: 为某事沉思, 考虑, 忧伤, 担忧, 念念不忘.
例句: There's no need to brood on Jeff. He can take care of himself. (没必要为杰夫担忧. 他能够照顾他自己)

02. broth of a boy, a
定义: [爱尔兰]男子汉; 坚强, 优异的年青人.
例句: You establish your reputation as a broth of a boy beloved by all. Once you have established that, you have carte blanche to do anything. (作为一个人人所爱的男子汉, 你要树立你良好的名声. 一旦你做到了这个地步, 你就取得做任何事情的全权委托)

03. Brother, can you spare a dime.
[成语句型]兄弟, 你能施舍一点小钱.

04. brother/sister/comrade in arms
定义: 战友, 同袍, 同志.
例句: She is my friend, my comrade, and, most of all, my sister in arms. (她是我的朋友, 我的同志, 最重要的是, 我的战友)

05. brother's keeper, a
定义: 兄弟的保护者, 守护人.
例句: If being his brother's keeper is his idea of​​ faith in action, he's doesn't seem to be doing that great a job. (如果成为他的兄弟保护者是他的信仰行动, 他似乎没尽职)

06. brought into being, be
定义: 被生产出, 被形成, 被实现.
例句: The residential subdivision was brought into being in the early 1900s by the plotting of rural land for exclusive residential purposes. (由于规划农村田地作为住宅专用地, 这个住宅小区被建造于二十世纪初)

07. brought low, be
定义: 被人羞辱或教训; 被矮化.
例句: China, as a great civilization was brought low by those countries that first mastered the Industrial Revolution in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. (中国, 作为一个伟大文明于十九和二十世纪被那些首先熟练工业革命的国家所教训)

08. brought/called/put into play, be
定义: 被启用, 被启动, 被运用, 产生影响, 发挥作用; 成为被收购的对象; 开始比赛; 投入使用.
例句: If they continue to ignore the treaty, then the military will surely be brought into play. (如果他们继续不理会这个条约, 则军事武力肯定会被投入使用)

09. brouhaha
定义: 喧哗, 噪音吵闹, 混乱骚动.
例句: There's a lot of brouhaha about the decline of the American attention span, but no one knows yet what the long-term effect on our brains will be. (有许多噪音吵闹环绕于美国人注意力程度的衰退, 但还没有人知道这对我们脑部长期影响将是什么样)

10. browbeat, to
定义: 威吓, 恫吓, 恃强凌弱.
例句: He refuses to be browbeaten into making changes he thinks are not necessary. (他拒绝被恫吓做出他认为不需要的改变)

11. brown bag lunch, a
定义: 褐袋午餐, 自备的午餐.
例句: Making a brown bag lunch is helpful because you can control what you put in it. (自备的午餐是对身体有益因为你能够决定你要带什么样的食物)

12. brown bagging, the
定义: 带午餐(用棕色纸袋装)上班, 带酒类(用棕色纸袋装)上餐厅或夜总会.
例句: The trick to bringing a lunch to work is making a variety of tasty options that won't leave you bored and resentful after your first week of brown-bagging it. (带午餐上班的窍门是决定各式各样的可口选择, 如此你带午餐上班第一个星期之后就不会感到单调和不满意)

13. brown rice, the
定义: 糙米.
例句: Any rice, including long-grain, short-grain, or sticky rice, may be eaten as brown rice. (任何的米食, 包括长米, 短米, 或糯米, 都可以吃其糙米. 注: 粗略地分类, 长米是在来米或籼稻, 中短米是蓬莱米或粳稻, 糯米也有人称sweet rice)

图片
长米
图片
短米
图片
糯米

14. browned off, be
定义: 愤怒, 不耐.
例句: Ms. Chen was browned off because we were late. She didn't like that. (陈女士很愤怒因为我们迟到. 她不喜欢有人迟到)

15. brownie points, to earn
定义: 赚取印象分, 逢迎拍马, 累积人情债. (例如: 以逢迎手段累积人情债得到上级长官赏识)
例句: Why are you here washing the blackboard? You must want to earn brownie points with Mrs. Jones. (你干嘛在这擦洗黑板? 你一定是想要赚取琼斯太太的印象分. 注: 这里的琼斯太太可能是他们的老师)

16. brownnose, to
定义: 奉承, 逢迎拍马.
例句: I'm not getting ahead because that other guy is brownnosing the boss. (我之所以没有晋升是因为另一人在奉承老板)

17. bruiser, a
定义: 彪形大汉, 恃强凌弱者, 莽汉.
例句: That boy is going to be a bruiser when he grows up. (这个小男孩长大之后会变成一个彪形大汉)

18. brunch, a
定义: [餐厅用语]早午餐, 早餐与午餐混合(一起打发).
例句: By eliminating the need to get up early on Sunday, brunch would make life brighter for Saturday-night carousers. (由于排除星期天早起的需要, 早午餐可以使星期六夜晚狂欢者生活更愉快)

19. brush aside, to
定义: 推开; 不理不睬, 漠视, 冷落, 把...不当回事.
例句: I saw this happen, and you can't just call me crazy and brush me aside. (我明明亲眼看见这件事发生, 你不可以就这样骂我疯子然后把我不当回事)

20. brush cut, a
定义: 小平头. (注: 头发剪短尤其头上方毛发垂直向上与刷子一样)
例句: It was such a hot summer that I thought it would be a great idea to get a brush cut. (那是个相当炎热的夏天, 我认为理个小平头可能是个妙主意)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 35 访客