royl
帖子: 1767
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 152

帖子 royl » 周三 8月 03, 2011 10:01 pm

二十笔实用成语 152

01. bubble bath, a
定义: 泡沫浴, 泡泡澡.
例句: Its been years since I took a bubble bath. I just take showers now. (我有好几年没洗泡沫浴. 我现在只洗淋浴)

02. bubble gum, a
定义: 泡泡糖.
例句: Frank Fleer was the person credited with inventing the first bubble gum called Blibber-Blubber; which was never sold. (法兰克•富里尔被归功于发明第一个泡泡糖, 又称为Blibber-Blubber; 从来没被贩卖出去)

03. bubble over, to
定义: 冒泡溢出, 洋溢感情.
例句: He was bubbling over with enthusiasm for the project. (他对这个计划充满着热忱)

04. bubble shy of plumb, a
定义: 弱智的或言行怪异的.
例句: He's a bubble shy of plumb. He thinks a quarterback is a refund. (他有点弱智. 他认为一个四分卫是一种退费. 注: 这里的quarterback是指美式足球的四分卫球员, 不是退还两毛五分钱)

05. bubble up, to
定义: 起泡, 沸腾, 心血来潮.
例句: Have you ever felt something bubbling up inside you – an invention, a book, a business idea, or art – but you couldn't quite put words in it? (你有没有突然心血来潮想到一件事– 一个创造,一本书, 一个生意想法, 或艺术– 但你没法完全以言语表达出来?)

06. bubbly, a glass of
定义: 香槟酒.
例句: While Champagne and other sparkling wines are commonly uncorked at celebrations, a glass of bubbly can fit any occasion. (尽管香槟酒和其他含汽葡萄酒通常在庆祝时才开瓶, 一杯香槟酒对任何庆祝场合都适宜)

07. buck fever, a
定义: 激动紧张, 新手猎人看到第一只猎物所发出的紧张刺激.
例句: Every time I play in a competition I get buck fever, and I get so nervous. (每次我参加一个竞赛我就感到激动, 我变得好紧张)

08. buck for, to
定义: 不择手段地努力或追求.
例句: He is bucking for a promotion at work. (他正在努力追求工作上的升迁)

09. buck naked
定义: 一丝不挂的, 赤裸裸.
例句: She was standing in front of the television screen buck naked, blocking my view. "Hey, you're blocking the screen," I complained. (她赤裸裸地站在电视机萤幕前, 把我的视线挡住. "嘿, 你挡住我的萤幕," 我抗议​​她)

10. buck something up, to
定义: 改善或重新振奋工作方式或想法.
例句: On her down days, Keith would buck her up especially as she underwent treatment for her leukemia. (在她低沉的日子里, 尤其在她接受血癌治疗的期间, 基斯总是激励她打起精神)

11. buck the trend, to
定义: 违反(市场)潮流, 抵制这个趋势.
例句: Spending is down this season, but the tourist industry is managing to buck the trend, with thousands more holidays sold. (这一季的消费支出减少, 但旅游业却有办法违反市场潮流, 多卖出了几千个假期旅游)

12. buck up, to
定义: 改善, 清理, 鼓励, 加油, 振奋.
例句: Buck up, my friend. You will soon be finished with exams. (加油, 朋友. 你马上就考完你的考试了)

13. buck, a
定义: [俚语]美元一块钱.
例句: The new U2 CD costs about fifteen bucks. (这张新出版的U2乐团镭射唱片大概要十五块钱)

14. buckaroo, a
定义: 牛仔. (注:美国西部牧场雇用的人照顾牛群及做其他有关的工作)
例句: By profession he was a buckaroo of the old West and at time of his passing he was employed as a buckaroo for one of the cattle outfits. (就职业来说, 他是个属于早期西部型式的牛仔, 在他过逝的时候他受雇为某一家牧场的牛仔)

15. bucket down, to
定义: 倾盆大雨或大雪.
例句: It's bucketing down in Brisbane. The best kind of rain, of course, it is a cozy rain. (布里斯班正在下倾盆大雨. 最好的一场雨, 当然, 这是一场令人舒服的雨)

16. bucket seat, a
定义: [汽车术语]桶式座椅. (注:车厢内的桶式座椅一座只能坐一人. 相对的是bench seat即可坐多人的长条座椅)
例句: Although rear seating in automobiles largely uses bench seats, some 2+2 cars have bucket seats in the rear. (尽管汽车后座大多使用长条座椅, 有些二加二的汽车使用桶式后座)

图片
桶式后座

17. bucket shop, a
定义: 投机证券商号, 以股市跳动为准的赌场, 投机经纪商, 违规证券商, 以壶卖酒的酒店.
例句: The terms of trade were different for each bucket shop, but bucket shops typically catered to customers who traded on thin margins, even as low as 1%. (每一家投机证券商交易方式都不一样, 但投机证券商一般提供服务给利用薄利赚钱的客户, 利润甚至低到百分之一)

18. bucketful of ..., a
定义: 大量的.
例句: The residents have a bucketful of complaints on the poor quality of drinking water supply. (这些居民对劣质的饮水发出大量的抱怨)

19. buckle down, to
定义: 认真地全力以赴.
例句: Next term I'm going to buckle down and get good grades. (下学期我将要全力以赴好好读书, 拿到好成绩)

20. buckle under, to
定义: 在压力下让步, 屈服, 崩溃.
例句: He finally buckled under the pressure of his job. (他终于屈服在工作的压力下)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 24 访客