royl
帖子: 1767
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 153

帖子 royl » 周四 8月 04, 2011 6:13 pm

二十笔实用成语 153

01. buckle up, to
定义: [汽车术语]系上安全带.
例句: Buckle up. Dad won't drive away until we fasten our seat belts. (系上安全带. 如果我们不绑上安全带的话, 爸爸是不会开车的. 注: 意指老爸坚持大家都系上安全带他才会开车)

02. buckled under, be
定义: 被压变形或被压垮, 让步, 屈服, 崩溃.
例句: The bridge buckled under the weight of the truck and collapsed. (这座桥被这部大卡车重量压变形然后就倒塌)

03. budding genius, a
定义: 小天才, 天才儿童.
例句: Harry is a budding genius, but he seems like a fairly normal teenager. (哈利是个天才儿童, 但他看起来蛮像个正常少年人)

04. buddy system, a
定义: 伙伴制度, 两人互助制度, 伴潜制度. (注: 意指两人作伴一起出危险任务的制度, 例如潜水任务一定要两人一起工作)
例句: If your children walk to school, have them use the buddy system. (如果你家小孩走路上学的话, 最好要他们跟其他小朋友走在一起)

05. buddy up, to
定义: 结交, 拉拢, 努力巴结.
例句: Some businessmen are buddying up to politicians to get their support. (有些生意人努力巴结政客为得是争取他们支持)

06. buddy, a
定义: [口语]好友, 伙伴, 老友等亲切的称呼.
例句: He was a buddy from college and we don't get to see each other very often these days. (他以前是我大学的一个好友, 这些日子我们很少碰面)

07. buddy-buddy, be
定义: 熟稔, 热络, 过份友善.
例句: He's a little too buddy-buddy with his professors. (他有点跟他教授过份热络)

08. budget shortfall, a
定义: 预算赤字, 预算不足.
例句: The state is now forced to scale back services under the tremendous financial pressure of a lagging economy and a budget shortfall. (由于经济迟滞和预算不足, 现在这个州政府在强大财务压力下被强迫减少服务)

09. budget woes, a
定义: 预算问题, 预算困难, 预算灾难.
例句: Maryland's budget woes will dominate the 2011 legislative session as lawmakers seek to bridge a $1.6 billion deficit without the federal aid. (当州议员在没有联邦协助下寻找弥补十六亿元赤字的差距, 马利兰州的预算困难将会在2011年立法会期占首要地位)

10. buff, a
定义: 某某通, 某某专家. (注:对某一项领域有兴趣研究并有专门知识者, 例如history buff历史通)
例句: You don't need to be a history buff to know about the American Civil War and it's impact on the then developing United States. (你并不需要作为一个历史专家才知道美国内战和它对于当时发展中的美国所造成的影响)

11. Buffalo Bill
定义: 野牛比尔; 威廉•科迪. (注: 美国有名创作荒野西部大型骑术与射击术表演的制作人. 该表演从1883年起在美国与欧洲公演)
例句: William Cody earned the nickname, Buffalo Bill, by killing 4,280 American bison, commonly known as buffalo, in eight months. (威廉•科迪赢得这个绰号, 野牛比尔, 由于他在八个月内屠杀了四千两百八十头美洲野牛, 一般也称之为buffalo)

12. buffalo, to
定义: 以表现自信或权威来威吓, 欺骗或诈欺.
例句: The director shouts a lot, but don't let him buffalo you. (这个导演经常吼叫, 但你别让他吓坏你)

13. buffer zone, the
定义: 缓冲区, 分离区, 中立区.
例句: Soldiers act as a buffer zone between anti-government protesters and Mubarak's supporters. (一群士兵充当反政府抗议者和穆巴拉克支持者的缓冲区)

14. bug off, to
定义: [俚语, 惊叹语]不要打扰人! 走开!
例句: We told him to bug off and leave us alone. (我们要他走开, 别打扰我们)

15. bug out, to
定义: 暴眼, 膨胀, 匆忙离开, 跑掉, 逃避责任.
例句: Wait here till we get back. Don't bug out on us. (你在这里等到我们回来. 别撇下我们跑掉)

16. bug someone, to
定义: 烦扰, 骚扰, 窃听某人.
例句: That scraping noise bugs me. It's quite annoying. (那个刮东西的噪音真烦人. 它弄得人很不舒服)

17. bug up, to
定义: 激动, 紧张, 焦虑或迷惑.
例句: I joined workforce again because I was bugged up sitting at home, I felt useless and all my friends were working. (我再度找到工作因为我没事坐在家里焦虑不堪. 我感觉所有的朋友都在工作, 我自己真没用)

18. bug, a
定义: 电脑软体里的错误, 瑕疵; 窃听器.
例句: We have to get the bugs out of our new software before we release it to the public. (在公开发行它之前, 给我们必须要把我们新软件的瑕疵清除掉)

19. bugaboo, a
定义: 杯弓蛇影, 过份的恐惧.
例句: Boredom, laziness and failure… These bugaboos, magnified by imagination, keep the workaholic running. (枯燥无味, 懒散和失败… 对这些过份的恐惧, 被自己的幻想放大, 驱使工作狂继续工作. 注: 这句话是指工作狂过份害怕枯燥无味, 懒散和失败才不停工作)

20. bug-eyed, be
定义: 暴眼的, 突眼的. (注: 意指因为惊讶或畏惧所发出的表情)
例句: I look at the dog, bug-eyed with terror, and realize I've got the same look on my face when I think of Obama behind the wheel of our economy. (我看到这只狗惊心动魄的表情, 我了解到, 当我想到奥巴马主宰我们经济前途的时候, 我脸上的表情也是一模一样)

图片

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 48 访客