royl
帖子: 1766
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 154

帖子 royl » 周一 8月 08, 2011 10:28 pm

二十笔实用成语 154

01. bugger all
定义: [英国俚语]什么都没有.
例句: "Hey Julio, what did you win?" "Bugger all – nothing!" ("嘿, 胡立欧, 你到底赢到什么?" "什么都没有!")

02. bugger around/about, to
定义: [不雅俚语]捣蛋, 浪费时间, 被人找麻烦.
例句: I don't like being buggered about by faceless bureaucrats with all their forms. (我不喜欢被不知名的官僚找麻烦, 填一大堆表格)

03. Bugger it!
定义: [不雅惊叹语](英国)真倒楣! 该死! 他妈的! 表达不悦的心情.
例句: Bugger it! I'm going to miss my train again. (真倒楣! 我又赶不上我的火车)

04. bugger off, to
定义: [不雅惊叹语](英国)走开! 滚开!
例句: Bugger off, will you? (走开, 好不好?)

05. Bugger this for a game of soldiers!
定义: [不雅语](英国)去他的! (注: 意指表达不胜其扰, 不满, 实在不想做某件事)
例句: Bugger that for a game of soldiers, I'm not going to do it just because you tell me to. (去你的, 就因为你叫我做我才不做)

06. Bugger this for a lark!
定义: [不雅语](英国)去他的! (注: 意指表达不胜其扰, 不满, 实在不想做某件事)
例句: Bugger this for a lark, it's not worth my time, it doesn't really matter what he thinks. (去他的, 我懒得理他, 我才不在乎他怎么想)

07. bugger up, to
定义: [不雅语]搞乱, 弄坏.
例句: The waiter buggered up our order. (这个服务生把我们点的菜都弄乱了)

08. bughouse, be
定义: [不尊重俚语]疯了, 神经错乱了.
例句: Anyone would go bughouse after spending a week with her relatives. (跟她的亲戚相处了一个星期之后, 任何人都会发疯)

09. build a better mousetrap, to
定义: 达到理想, 做出更优越的产品或成就.
例句: Harry thought he could build a better mousetrap, but everything he invented had already been thought of. (哈利原以为他可以做出更优越的产品, 但是他所发明的东西都已经被考虑到了)

10. build a fire under someone, to
定义: 激励, 鼓动, 唆使去行动.
例句: The experience of Andrew built a fire under him, and he decided that this was going to be the first day of the rest of his life, a new life, without procrastination. (安德鲁的经验激励了他, 他决定今天开使是他后半生的第一天, 一个新生命, 不再因循怠惰)

11. build a huge net worth, to
定义: 建立庞大的净值. (注:净值=所有资产-所有负债).
例句: You can build a huge net worth in your spare time, and even retire sooner than you ever thought possible. (你可以使用闲暇时间建立一个庞大的净值, 甚至于比你预期地还更提早退休)

12. build a legal case against someone, to
定义: 收集对某人不利的证据, 成立诉讼案件准备控告某人或某组织.
例句: It's been on my mind for a while and I know that it's easy to build a legal case against you using your text messages, you know? (我想了一阵子, 我明白使用你所发的短信来收集对你不利的证据是容易的, 你知道吗?)

13. build around ..., to
定义: 以...为发展工作的基础, 以...为生活的重点, 以...为阐明工作的主题.
例句: Their lives are built around their children. (他们的生活是以儿女为中心. 注: 意指在他们心目中, 儿女是最重要的)

14. build castles in the air, to
定义: 建立空中楼阁, 空想, 幻想.
例句: He's just building castles in the air if he thinks he can open a restaurant without any money. (如果他以为他不需要任何钱就可以开一家餐馆的话, 他只是在幻想)

15. build in/into, to
定义: 作为不可缺的一部分.
例句: Carmakers are beginning to build in these new safety features as standard equipment. (数个汽车厂正开始把这些新安全装置列为标准设备)

16. build on sand, to
定义: 在沙土上建筑, 根基不稳.
例句: They seem quite happy now but I have a feeling that this marriage is built on sand. (他们现在看起来挺快乐, 但我有一种感觉, 这个婚姻根基不稳)

17. build on/upon, to
定义: 以...所建立的基础, 以...作地基.
例句: Learning takes place best when it is tied to and built upon past experiences. (学习工作最好在以过去经验所建立的基础上进行)

18. build onto, to
定义: 在原有的建筑物上再兴建一个建筑物.
例句: We built a new garage onto our house. (我们在我们房屋边建造一座新车库)

19. build power-bases, to
定义: 建立权力基础或政治支持.
例句: Once in office, they build power bases and fiefdoms that breed corruption. (一旦任职之后, 他们就建立滋养腐败的权力基础和地盘. 注: 这里的fiefdoms原是封建时代的封地, 但现代社会并没有封地, 所以我认为地盘或势力范围比较适当)

20. build self-esteem, to
定义: 建立/增强自信.
例句: For students, getting good marks builds their self esteem. (对于学生来说, 得到好成绩可以增强他们的自信)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 12 访客