royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 156

帖子 royl » 周四 8月 11, 2011 12:37 am

二十笔实用成语 156

01. bullheaded, be
定义: 冥顽不灵的, 任性的, 刚愎的.
例句: I think my father would have described me as bullheaded, inflexible, won't take no for an answer. (我相信我父亲会把我形容为刚愎的, 固执的, 不达到目的不甘休的人)

02. bullpen, a
定义: 设于法院内暂时拘留人犯的场所; [棒球术语]投手及后备投手暖身练球的地区; 开放的工作区域(没有切割成为办公室的).
例句: The team says the man was standing behind the left-field fence Monday, near the Tigers' bullpen, when he was hit by a ball. (这个球队说, 当此人于星期一被棒球击中的时候,他站在左外野围栏后面, 接近老虎队的投手暖身区)

图片
投手及后备投手暖身练球的地区

03. bull's-eye, the
定义: 靶心, 重心, 精准的目标, 一射中的, 一针见血的.
例句: Her comments about our problems hit the bull's-eye. (她对我们问题的评估是一针见血的)

04. bullshit
定义: [不雅俚语]胡说八道, 扯淡.
例句: Everything the car salesman said was pure bullshit. (这个旧车销售员所说的都是胡扯)

05. bullshit artist, a
定义: [不雅俚语]骗子, 习惯吹嘘, 逢迎或扯淡的人.
例句: This bullshit artist churns out empty rhetoric, false promises and outright lies everyday. ​​(这个骗子每天制造空洞的花言巧语, 做不到的承诺和彻底谎言)

06. bullshitter, a
定义: [不雅俚语]习惯吹嘘, 逢迎或扯淡的人.
例句: That salesman is such a bullshitter. He lied to me about how old this car is. (这个销售员根本是个骗子. 他谎报这这部车的年龄)

07. Bully for you!
定义: [赞赏语]好样的! 做得好! 做得漂亮!
例句: Bob: I quit my job today. ​​Sally: Bully for you! Now what are you going to do? Bob: Well, I need a little loan to tide me over. (包伯: 我今天辞职了. 莎莉:做得好! 你现在要干什么呢? 包伯: 嗯, 我需要借点钱渡过这个难关)

08. bully job, a
定义: 做得好, 做得漂亮.
例句: But George W. Bush definitely hasn't – in the lingo of another Teddy, Teddy Roosevelt – done a bully job on economic leadership. (但是乔治•布什肯定没有– 套句另一个泰迪, 泰迪•罗斯福的话– 在经济上, 做为一个极称职的领袖)

09. bully pulpit, a
定义: 众望所归讲坛. (注: 意指众所周知的公共人物利用其名望与身份公开地说明他的看法或呼吁支持)
例句: Theodore Roosevelt called the American presidency a bully pulpit, meaning that it provided him an outstanding platform from which to preach his ideas. (西奥多•罗斯福称美国总统职位是一个众望所归讲坛, 意指它供给总统一个至高无上的讲台来宣传他的理想)

10. bullyboy, a
定义: 恶霸, 恃强凌弱者, 不良少年, 小太保.
例句: These bullyboy tactics are holding a gun to the head of ordinary workers and should be stamped out without delay. (这些恶霸的策略挟持了普遍工人使他们动弹不得, 这个威胁应当尽速地被消灭掉)

11. bum a cigarette, to
定义: 讨一支香烟.
例句: When a stranger asks, "Can I bum a cigarette?" It might be best to run. (当一个陌生人问你, "我能讨支香烟吗?" 你最好赶快离开)

12. bum a dollar, to
定义: 讨一块钱.
例句: Sure you can let someone bum a dollar as you like. But, when you call it a government entitlement, then you are forcing everyone to do it. (你当然可以随你所愿, 让别人跟你讨一块钱.但是, 如果我们当它是个政府津贴的话, 你等于强迫所有人被别人讨钱)

13. bum a ride, to
定义: 搭便车. (注: bum a ride在此跟hitch a ride同义)
例句: Because at some point in this life, you're going to need to bum a ride. Life is harsh; we need people caring about each other. (因为在人生某一个时刻, 你将需要搭便车. 人生是残酷的; 我们需要人们互相扶持)

14. bum advice, a
定义: 瞎主意, 糟糕的建议.
例句: We lost money thanks to your bum advice. (都是你的馊主意让我们损失许多钱)

15. bum around/about, to
定义: 到处游荡, 游手好闲.
例句: After graduation, she bummed around Mexico for a while. (毕业后, 她在墨西哥到处游荡了一阵子)

16. bum bag, a
定义: 腰包.
例句: I carry my passport, traveler's checks, and cash in my leather bum bag when I travel abroad. (当我到国外旅游时, 我携带着我的护照, 旅行支票, 和现金在我的皮腰包里)

17. bum out, to
定义: [俚语]令人沮丧, 难过; 激怒或使人烦恼; 惨败.
例句: The news really bummed me out. (这个消息确实令我难过)

18. bum rap, a
定义: 冤枉, 背黑锅, 错误的指控判刑, 不公平的指控. (注: 意指一人没有做错什么事却挨了批评或惩罚)
例句: It was a bum rap. Eddie didn't steal those paintings. (这是个冤枉. 艾迪根本没偷那些油画)

19. bum someone out, to
定义: 令某人难过或失望.
例句: This bums me out. I have spent the last decade defending him. (这事情让我难过. 我过去十年来一直替​​他辩护)

20. bum steer, a
定义: 错误或误导的消息, 糟糕的建议.
例句: I got a bum steer from the salesman, and I paid far more than I needed to for a used car. (这个销售员给我一个误导的建议, 我买了一部远超过我所需要的旧车)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 53 访客