royl
帖子: 1766
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 161

帖子 royl » 周三 8月 17, 2011 12:59 am

二十笔实用成语 161

01. burning shame, a
定义: 奇耻大辱, 刻骨铭心的羞愧.
例句: As she realizes how cruel she has been until now, the princess is profoundly affected and feels a burning shame for her actions. (当她了解到她在此​​之前一直是多么得残酷, 这个公主感受深刻, 为她所做的行为感到刻骨铭心的羞愧)

02. burning with anger, be
定义: 气得脸红脖子粗.
例句: Burning with anger, she finally challenged to combat this fiend who was beyond human understanding. (气得脸红脖子粗, 她终于向这个不可理喻的邪恶者挑战格斗)

03. burning with fever, be
定义: 发高烧全身发烫.
例句: On the first night of their vacation when Jennifer awoke to find her 2-year-old son, Andrew, shaking and burning with fever in his portable crib. (在他们休假的第一晚, 珍妮佛意识到他的两岁儿子, 安德鲁, 在他的携带式婴儿床上发抖和发高烧)

04. burp, to
定义: 打饱膈.
例句: Say "excuse me" when you burp. (当你打饱膈时你要说声"对不起")

05. burr in the throat, to have a
定义: 如梗在喉, 卡在喉头的东西.
例句: It started with a burr in my throat, so I started eating Halls cough drops, by nighttime I was drinking Theraflu, great stuff. (刚开始有东西卡在喉咙里, 所以就我开始吃霍尔斯喉糖,到了晚间我喝塞若福露喉咙糖浆, 它真是个好东西)

06. burr in/under the saddle, a
定义: 不断制造麻烦或困扰的人或物.
例句: She's been a burr under their saddle for many years. (她多年来一直是个不断制造麻烦的人物)

07. burst at the seams, to
定义: 充满, 塞满, 人满为患.
例句: My whole family came to stay for the wedding and our house was bursting at the seams. (为了这个婚礼, 我整个家族亲人都来这里聚集暂住, 我们家里人满为患)

08. burst into flames, to
定义: 突然着火, 一下子燃烧起来.
例句: The two cars burst into flames soon after the collision. (紧接着互相撞击之后, 这两部车子突然燃烧起来)

09. burst into laughter, to
定义: 爆笑, 突然的大笑.
例句: You know that sometimes you laugh like a fool: you see two people laughing, and without knowing the reason, you burst into laughter anyway. (你知道, 有时候你笑得像个傻子: 你看到两个人在笑, 你不管知不知道他们为什么原因笑就爆出大笑)

10. burst into song, to
定义: 突然唱歌.
例句: Much to my surprise Ben suddenly burst into song. (让我吓一跳的是, 班突然唱起歌来了)

11. burst into speech, to
定义: 突然说话, 突然说出.
例句: Although toddlers may not yet be speaking clearly, he/she is stockpiling words and will one day burst into speech. (尽管幼童也许在牙牙学语中, 他/她正在大量储备单字, 将会在某一天突然说话)

12. burst into tears, to
定义: 突然泣不成声, 泪流满面.
例句: After the last notes of her song, the audience burst into tears, such was its beauty and tenderness. (在她唱完最后一个音符之后, 观众突然泣不成声, 这就是这首歌的美丽和温柔)

13. burst into, to
定义: 突然的爆出一个动作.
例句: Passengers were relieved and burst into applause and cheers on take-off and then again when it landed at Malta International Airport. (乘客们在起飞之后松口气, 然后突然鼓掌和欢呼, 当飞机在马尔它国际机场着陆之后他们又重演一次)

14. burst one's sides (with laughter), to
定义: 捧腹大笑, 肚子笑痛.
例句: The members of the audience almost burst their sides with laughter. (这群观众几乎笑破肚皮)

15. burst out crying, to
定义: 突然大哭.
例句: A woman gave birth in a hospital elevator. Doctor: Don't feel bad, someone delivered in the hospital lawn two years ago. She burst out crying: That's me too. (一个女子在医院电梯里产子. 医生:别不好意思, 两年前还有人在​​医院草坪上产子. 她突然大哭: 那也是我呀)

16. burst out in, to
定义: 突然的爆出一个动作.
例句: Sometimes we burst out in anger without knowing what we are angry about, except that we feel some kind of indignation toward certain aspects of our lives. (我们除了感觉到对生活上某方面产生某种愤慨之外, 有时候我们莫名其妙地突然暴发怒火)

17. burst out laughing, to
定义: 突然大笑.
例句: Every time I think of you sitting there with a lap full of spaghetti, I burst out laughing. (每次我想到你坐在那儿, 大腿上堆满了义大利面条, 我就突然大笑)

18. burst out singing, to
定义: 突然唱歌.
例句: My BF and I are the only people I know who would burst out singing a remix of all the Christmas carols, while in a restaurant, in the middle of June. (我男朋友跟我是唯一我所知道的人会于六月中在一家餐厅里突然唱起所有的重新混音的圣诞歌)

19. burst out, to
定义: 突然脱口而出, 大声喊叫.
例句: Everyone burst out "Surprise!" as he walked through the door. (当他走进屋内时, 大家大声喊出"给你一个惊喜!")

20. burst someone's bubble, to
定义: 戳破某人的空想, 幻想; 告诉某人一个坏消息.
例句: I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but Santa Claus does not exist. (不好意思戳破你的幻想, 圣诞老人根本不存在)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 30 访客