royl
帖子: 1766
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 162

帖子 royl » 周四 8月 18, 2011 12:53 am

二十笔实用成语 162

01. burst with, to
定义: 充满; 情绪高涨不能控制.
例句: It's a rich spinach dish bursting with flavors that's good as a side to something like roasted chicken or baked halibut. (这是一道风味十足的浓郁菠菜佳肴适当作为像烤鸡或烤比目鱼之类的配菜)

02. bury one's head in the sand, to
定义: 逃避现实, 不顾现实(像驼鸟一样把头埋在沙里).
例句: I can either bury my head in the sand feeling sorry for myself or I can get up, brush myself off and move forward. (我可以要么逃避现实, 自哀自怜下去或者我可以站起来, 把自我放一边, 迈步向前)

03. bury the hatchet, to
定义: 化干戈为玉帛, 捐弃前嫌, 言归于好.
例句: He decided to bury the hatchet with his brother and they are now on friendly terms again. (他决定跟他兄弟捐弃前嫌, 现在两人关系再度友好)

04. bus pass, a
定义: 公车卡, 公车月票.
例句: The bus pass is easy, fun and flexible and allows you to travel through Mexico and Central America hassle free. (公车卡方便, 好玩和富有弹性; 它让你轻松地玩遍墨西哥以及中美洲)

05. bush telegraph, a
定义: 口语传递消息.
例句: Arne gets the news through the bush telegraph. People tell him. (阿尼经由口语得到这个消息. 是有人告诉他的)

06. bushed, be
定义: 非常疲惫.
例句: Anyway, it is late and I'm bushed. I'm off to bed. I'll talk to you in the morning. (不管怎么, 现在很晚了, 我好累. 我要去睡了. 明天跟你再谈)

07. bushwhack, to
定义: 偷袭; 丛林中开出一条路.
例句: When he stopped to camp by the stream, two guys bushwhacked him – stole his money and horse. (当他歇下来在溪边扎营, 两个家伙偷袭他– 偷走他的钱和马)

08. busier than a cranberry merchant in November, be
定义: [俚语]非常忙. 比十一月的蔓越莓商人还忙.
例句: I'm busier than a cranberry merchant in November. I'm going to have five classes today. ​​(我现在忙得要命. 我今天要上五堂课)

09. busier than a one-armed paperhanger, be
定义: [俚语]非常忙. 比贴壁纸的独臂匠还忙.
例句: At the moment, I'm busier than a one-armed paperhanger. I don't have time to read it but I will do it later. (我现在很忙. 我没时间读它但我会稍后再读)

10. busier than a one-legged man in a kicking contest, be.
定义: [俚语]非常忙. 比在踢人比赛的独脚人还忙.
例句: You guys sound busier than a one legged man in a kicking contest. I would love to help if you need assistance. (你们听起来好像很忙. 如果你们需要帮忙的话, 我很乐意助一臂之力)

11. busier than I planned on it, be
定义: 比我预计的要烦忙一些.
例句: Sorry, my summer got much busier than I planned on it but I am still very available on line. (抱歉, 我暑期比我预计的要忙一些但我还是很有空在线上提供服务)

12. business as usual, be
定义: 跟平常一样, 一切照常, 没有改变或改善.
例句: The morning after the holdup, it was business as usual at the bank. (持枪抢劫之后的第二天早上, 这家银行仍然一切照常营业)

13. business at hand, the
定义: 眼前的事务.
例句: The key is to focus on the business at hand and not offer cookie-cutter solutions to new challenges. (这个重点是专心于眼前的事务而不是对新挑战提出样板式的解决方法)

14. business day, a
定义: 工作天, 营业日. (注: 营业日在美国意指周末除外的星期一到星期五却又不是假日的工作天)
例句: If FedEx ships a parcel on a Thursday that will be delivered in two business days, it will arrive on a Monday assuming both Friday and Monday are not holidays. (如果联邦快递在周四运出一份邮包要两个工作天的话, 它将会在周一交付收件人假设周五和周一都不是假日)

15. business end of a chisel, the
定义: 尖锐的一端, 实用或具功能的一部分.
例句: The business end of a chisel is the wedged part. The handle is the shaft. The dumb end is the flat end opposite the wedged part. (凿子具功能的一端是这个楔形部分. 其手柄是根杆子. 其不具功能的一端位于楔形部分另一端的扁平部分)

图片
凿子图片

16. business end of a pin, the
定义: 尖锐的一端, 危险的一部分.
例句: The smallest engine I've seen, period. I couldn't actually see, as it's smaller than the business end of a pin. (这是我所见到最小的引擎, 就是这话. 我其实也没法看见它, 因为它比针尖还要小)

17. business end, the
定义: 工具或武器尖锐的一端, 危险的部分.
例句: She screamed when she found herself facing the business end of his gun. (当她发现她正面对着枪口时, 她尖叫)

18. business environment
定义: 商业环境.
例句: The business environment necessary for entrepreneurship to flourish is closely related to the political environment needed for stable democracy. (给予企业繁荣兴盛所需的商业环境跟稳定民主所需的政治环境是息息相关的)

19. business hours
定义: 营业时间.
例句: Since September is the slow season, what are your business hours in the fall until January? (既然九月份是个淡季, 你们秋季到明年一月的营业时间是什么?)

20. Business is business.
[成语句型]公事公办, 不可循私.

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 43 访客