回复
royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 165

帖子 royl » 周日 8月 21, 2011 10:04 pm

二十笔实用成语 165

01. but then again
定义: 但话又说回来, 再者, 但在另一方面. (注: 在更多思考某事之后所发现新观点)
例句: There should be more time to do it, but then again I won't hold my breath. (应该给人更多时间做它, 但话又说回来了, 我不抱什么希望)

02. But truth is truth.
[成语句型]但是事实还是事实.

03. but what for
定义: 可是为什么(要这样); 但是这有什么(目的, 好处).
例句: You could do that, but what for? (你当然可以这样做, 但是为什么呢? 注: 意指你有自由选择如此做, 但我不认为这样做有什么好处或意义)

04. but, of course
定义: 不过, 当然啦; 肯定地, 必然地, 无疑地.
例句: See, I told you! But, of course, nobody ever listens to me. (看吧, 我老早告诉过你! 不过, 当然啦; 没人会听我的)

05. but, surely
定义: 但, 肯定地, 必然地, 无疑地.
例句: I don't know the exact song name, but, surely you know this song. (我不记得这首歌准确歌名, 不过, 你肯定知道这首歌)

06. butt
定义: 屁股.
例句: If you tell anybody that I like her, I'll kick your butt. (如果你告诉任何人我喜欢她的话, 我要修理你)

07. butt heads with someone, to
定义: 与某人对某事处理意见上产生分歧.
例句: India is the latest Asian power to butt heads with the US on Iran sanctions. (印度是最新的一个亚洲强国在伊朗制裁议题上跟美国意见分歧)

08. butt in, to
定义: 非请闯入, 多管闲事, 插手介入, 插嘴.
例句: When a salesman butts in, tell him to butt out. (如果有业务员进来多管闲事, 叫他别管闲事)

09. butt is on the line, one's
定义: 冒极大险, 亲上火线冒险犯难, 如果失败受到责备.
例句: Just do the right thing because my butt is on the line here. I'm the one who chose you, don't let me down. (你尽管做该做的事因为我为此事冒极大的危险.是我选择了你, 别让我失望)

10. butt naked
定义: 赤裸裸, 光屁股.
例句: Last week my friend went to a bar. He got really drunk and took off all of his clothes, and danced buck naked on top of a pool table. (上星期, 我朋友去一家酒吧. 他醉得稀哩糊涂, 脱光他的衣服, 赤裸裸地在撞球桌上跳舞)

11. butt of the joke, a
定义: 笑柄, 被人笑话的对象.
例句: And the butt of the joke is none other than the so-called Anti-Corruption Commission that is proving more corrupted that the people they are pursuing. (然而成为笑柄的却是所谓的反腐委员会, 它被证明比他们要追查的对象还更腐败)

12. Butt out, man!
[成语句型]伙计, 别管闲事!

13. butt out, to
定义: 走开, 别管闲事.
例句: We asked him to butt out so we could have a private talk. (我们要他走开, 这样我们才可以私下会谈)

14. butter someone up, to
定义: 拍某人的马屁, 对某人奉承.
例句: Butter him up before you ask to borrow his car. (跟他借车之前你要先拍他马屁)

15. butter up, to
定义: 奉承拍马.
例句: He is trying to butter up his boss so that he can leave early on Friday. ​​(他正尽量拍他老板马屁为得是他可以在星期五早点离开)

16. butter wouldn't melt in someone's mouth
定义: 过份腼腆的, 羞怯的, 假装无辜的, 装得认真的.
例句: Emily had cleaned up all evidence of having broken the valuable figurine, and she looked as though butter wouldn't melt in her mouth. (爱茉莉把她打碎昂贵小雕像的一切迹象清理干净, 然后她装出一付无辜的样子)

17. butterfingered
定义: 笨手笨脚的, 容易手抓不稳东西而掉地上的.
例句: A butterfingered convenience store robber who got away with seven packs of cigarettes but dropped all but $1 of the money he stole. (一个笨手笨脚的便利商店抢匪带着七包香烟逃走, 不过除了一块钱以外他丢失了所有抢来的东西)

18. butterfingers, a
定义: 笨手笨脚者, 抓不稳东西的人.
例句: I dropped my pen again. Why am I such a butterfingers today? (我的笔又掉到地上. 不知道我今天怎么这么笨手笨脚?)

19. butterflies in one's stomach, to have
定义: 焦虑期待, 紧张不安.
例句: The little boy had butterflies in his stomach when he had to give the speech in front of the class. (当他必须要在全班同学面前演讲时, 这个小男孩紧张不安)

20. buttinsky, a
定义: [俚语]爱管闲事的人.
例句: Some buttinsky with nothing better to do will whip the public into a frenzy with poisonous rhetoric about the health risks associated with smoking. (某个游手好闲的爱管闲事的人会对有关吸烟所引起的健康危害拿恶毒的言词来煽动群众的狂热)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 46 访客